This version is so great, I took my battery out, I don't need it anymore. If anyone wants it, let me know.
    I have the same Kitchen Aid as the one in your avatar. I use it to make mashed potatoes! How do you remove the battery in a 9900? Do you have to remove the screen to get the battery out?
    01-21-13 09:33 PM
    Is that it, I'm getting twice that amount on .569
    I knew I should never have upgraded from .569...
    01-21-13 09:34 PM
    I upgrade to .825 two days ago,but i noticed on connecting to DM,its say downgrade os core,why?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 09:43 PM
    I upgrade to .825 two days ago,but i noticed on connecting to DM,its say downgrade os core,why?
    What OS were you running before you upgraded to .825? What you are saying doesn't seem possible.
    01-21-13 11:18 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    It is most likely because after upgrading your OS you were prompted to update your BBID.
    The currently required BBID is a higher version than the BBID version that comes with the OS install.
    So when you connect to DM, it is asking you to downgrade back to the lower version that is included in the OS.
    I have no idea why RIM did not include the latest version of BBID in this OS since most of the application modules are current.
    Or, at least have DM recognize that you have the current available version already installed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7863948

I have found that it's best for me to read through these threads to be aware of findings & fixes posted by other members.
    Most of the time my questions are already answered, and I can become aware of things to look for.
    I just take the time and effort to see what's being reported. It helps me a lot.
    BoldAlways and Elite1 like this.
    01-22-13 03:27 AM
    It is most likely because after upgrading your OS you were prompted to update your BBID.
    The currently required BBID is a higher version than the BBID version that comes with the OS install.
    So when you connect to DM, it is asking you to downgrade back to the lower version that is included in the OS.
    I have no idea why RIM did not include the latest version of BBID in this OS since most of the application modules are current.
    Or, at least have DM recognize that you have the current available version already installed.

I have found that it's best for me to read through these threads to be aware of findings & fixes posted by other members.
    Most of the time my questions are already answered, and I can become aware of things to look for.
    I just take the time and effort to see what's being reported. It helps me a lot.
    I just upgraded and DM didn't ask me to downgrade. I have numerous OS's installed on my PC. Not an issue here.
    01-22-13 09:27 AM
    I just upgraded and DM didn't ask me to downgrade. I have numerous OS's installed on my PC. Not an issue here.
    Apparently it is an issue for some as reported previously.
    Did you upgrade BBID to the current version after upgrading?
    After you upgrade to the current version what happens when you connect to DM?
    01-22-13 10:15 AM
    Apologies. To be clear. What happens after you connect to DM and click on the "Applications" button.
    01-22-13 10:17 AM
    well more issues....

i loose signal often, sim not recognized now i am experiencing screen freezes

hhmm

may roll back not sure about this OS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    01-22-13 01:48 PM
    Apologies. To be clear. What happens after you connect to DM and click on the "Applications" button.
    I updated my BBID when prompted upon initial boot of the device right after finishing the install of .825. It doesn't ask me anywhere to downgrade.
    01-22-13 02:58 PM
    I updated my BBID when prompted upon initial boot of the device right after finishing the install of .825. It doesn't ask me anywhere to downgrade.
    Really??? Hmmm...
    Not sure why it does not ask you to downgrade to the original BBID version that this OS supplies.
    It should, as DM is supposed to keep your device updated with the files from the latest OS version you installed to your PC.
    The original BBID provided on OS .825 is v7.1. The OTA BBID update done directly after upgrading the OS is v7.3.
    I'm pretty sure that everyone else in this thread loading OS .825 is seeing the same.
    Please read my original post and let me know if these are the versions you're seeing.
    01-22-13 03:12 PM
    2nd day on this os and its doing great so far no issues
    01-22-13 05:24 PM
    Im running and its running nice and smooth very little timers seems to be a lot faster in general Signal is pretty good
    01-22-13 06:11 PM
    Working great for me. Battery is superb on this one. Used to charge my phone every morning in work from about 30% charge. Now my phone is at about 50% charge when I get into work. A huge improvement.
    01-23-13 03:15 AM
    2nd day on 825...i dont really see any signal improvement as many said. thinking of going back to 714 sfi as it is quite cooler
    01-23-13 04:08 AM
    On the contrary, I actually have suffered a signal loss. Used to have full bars on EDGE at my work desk, but now keep going to SOS and 1 - 2 bars. Wonder is this a network problem or is it a problem with the OS itself.
    01-23-13 05:36 AM
    On the contrary, I actually have suffered a signal loss. Used to have full bars on EDGE at my work desk, but now keep going to SOS and 1 - 2 bars. Wonder is this a network problem or is it a problem with the OS itself.
    what os are you running?
    01-23-13 06:19 AM
    Signal strength seems to have been better with this OS. I get full strength in the bedroom and even in the basement - something i never got with previous OS's. However, before i hit the sack last night, I kept getting SOS or 1-2 bars of signal. This morning, as I am writing this, my signal is back to full strength! (EDGE - as I chose 2G only on TMO)
    01-23-13 06:36 AM
    what os are you running?
    I downloaded and installed this latest OS today and immediately noticed a difference in signal strength from my work desk. Before upgrade = FULL bars. After upgrade = SOS signal and 1 - 2 bars. Don't know whether it's an oddity but am reverting back to .794 for a comparison again.
    01-23-13 12:19 PM
    I usually charge my phone overnight (11 pm until 8 am), but left it unplugged last night to see what the idle ADR is. WIFI and BT were off. It started at 40% and was down to 20% by morning. The previous night it was down 2%. This morning, at around 4 am, over a period of a few minutes, the battery discharged almost 10%. This is really strange. I've never seen that before. I'll try it again tonight.
    01-23-13 12:45 PM
    I don't see any differences between this and .794...
    01-23-13 01:20 PM
    I downloaded and installed this latest OS today and immediately noticed a difference in signal strength from my work desk. Before upgrade = FULL bars. After upgrade = SOS signal and 1 - 2 bars. Don't know whether it's an oddity but am reverting back to .794 for a comparison again.
    its best to give it a day or 2 and atleast 1 battery pull to settle.
    01-23-13 03:58 PM
    Just delete the vendor files and load it up.

No point in waiting for your own carrier to release it.
    how do i delete the vendor files?? many thanks Luke
    01-23-13 05:20 PM
    You don't have hidden files/folders enabled then.
    I have this enabled on mine but appdata does not show up and so still cannot update this OS and I'm not getting much help.
    01-23-13 08:39 PM
    I have this enabled on mine but appdata does not show up and so still cannot update this OS and I'm not getting much help.
    If you have the option to view hidden files and folders enabled and you still don't see AppData then there's something else wrong and we can't really help you with that. Are you sure you're in the right directory?
    01-23-13 08:59 PM
334 ... 89101112 ...