Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 255
Like Tree30Likes
  1. scouts36's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    985 Posts
    #151  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .leek. View Post
    google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.
    any suggestion will be much appreciated!
    Have you tried uninstalling Google Maps... restarting your device and reinstalling the App??
  2. .leek.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #152  

    Default

    Sadly, yes. Tried but it does not fix the problem.
  3. .leek.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #153  

    Default

    By the way, it crashes at the term and conditions page. You only see that page when u change OS or reinstalled the program.
  4. Phusho's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #154  

    Default

    same here sadly
  5. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,691 Posts
    #155  

    Default

    Hmmm. Google and BlackBerry Maps are both working just fine for me on this OS.
    As a matter of fact, I just opened both of them while inside, and they both found me instantly.
    I am connected to WiFi while inside and found no issues.
    BBTraffic is also doing well on my 9900.

    How do you maintain a WiFi connection while traveling using Google Maps?
    Or, do you mean you were inside somewhere just as I was and turned off WiFi?
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  6. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #156  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .leek. View Post
    google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.

    any suggestion will be much appreciated!
    I'm having the same problem. Wasn't experiencing it before on 7.1.0.746. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling google maps, but no difference. This is a show stopper for me. I use google maps all the time and I depend on it.

    Can anyone using this OS confirm if google maps works for them?
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  7. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,691 Posts
    #157  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    Can anyone using this OS confirm if google maps works for them?
    I just did... In the post directly previous to yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Hmmm. Google and BlackBerry Maps are both working just fine for me on this OS.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  8. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts
    #158  

    Default

    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

    If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
  9. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #159  

    Default

    I missed your post. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  10. dataphry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #160  

    Default

    <insert disgusting sexual profanity> @google for maps issue
    9900 + .746(Rogers) .794(China Unicom) + .714(fat sfi) + BlReturnsV3 + RC10
  11. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #161  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

    If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    I installed it ages ago and it was working until I upgraded to 7.1.0.794. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling it and it made no difference. I was going to downgrade, but it sounds like that won't work. This is terrible. Google maps is the app that I use more than any other.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  12. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts
    #162  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    I installed it ages ago and it was working until I upgraded to 7.1.0.794. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling it and it made no difference. I was going to downgrade, but it sounds like that won't work. This is terrible. Google maps is the app that I use more than any other.
    Yes, unfortunately an OS upgrade involves re-acceptance of the Google Maps Terms & Conditions... as does an OS downgrade, which won't work either
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
  13. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #163  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill_uk View Post
    yes, unfortunately an os upgrade involves re-acceptance of the google maps terms & conditions... As does an os downgrade, which won't work either
    aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  14. Gomark75's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #164  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Yes, unfortunately an OS upgrade involves re-acceptance of the Google Maps Terms & Conditions... as does an OS downgrade, which won't work either
    Wish i knew about this before... resetting the app to clear the cache will also bring you back to the terms and conditions screen. I basically screwed myself *sigh*
  15. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #165  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 17aruto View Post
    Wish i knew about this before... resetting the app to clear the cache will also bring you back to the terms and conditions screen. I basically screwed myself *sigh*
    There are a bunch of posts about this in google groups. Not sure if google even knows about the problem.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  16. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,691 Posts
    #166  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

    If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    Wow! This I did not know...
    I upgraded just 4 days ago to this OS on the 9th, so this has to be REALLY recent!
    That is truly a bummer for some...

    Thanks for this info Phill!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  17. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #167  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Wow! This I did not know...
    I upgraded just 4 days ago to this OS on the 9th, so this has to be REALLY recent!
    That is truly a bummer for some...

    Thanks for this info Phill!
    Someone in google groups said you could work around this by downloading the cods / jad and installing them off the SD card. Here is a link. I tried it, but it didn't work for me.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  18. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,691 Posts
    #168  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    Someone in google groups said you could work around this by downloading the cods / jad and installing them off the SD card. Here is a link. I tried it, but it didn't work for me.
    Yes. It's unfortunate, but Google seems to have stopped new activations.
    If you already had it loaded and running you're fine.
    If you do a fresh reinstall or upgrade your OS it can no longer be activated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    Google maps not available for blackberry
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  19. Gomark75's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #169  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Yes. It's unfortunate, but Google seems to have stopped new activations.
    If you already had it loaded and running you're fine.
    If you do a fresh reinstall or upgrade your OS it can no longer be activated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    Google maps not available for blackberry
    Also don't reset google maps in the options to clear the cache and search history like i did
  20. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,691 Posts
    #170  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 17aruto View Post
    Also don't reset google maps in the options to clear the cache and search history like i did
    Ha Ha! I hear ya!
    Well, whether this is a hiccup or permanent, Google Maps is only as good as the next OS upgrade for me.
    I really like it, but I like my device to function better even more.
    I'm glad I chose to upgrade to .794 when I did.

    I have BBMaps, BBTraffic, and a great in-vehicle GPS unit.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  21. .leek.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #171  

    Default

    It is a shame.
    Thanks for the enlightenment!
  22. MaxPayne79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #172  

    Default Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom

    Quote Originally Posted by bpw1972 View Post
    Has anyone else seen problems with the core applications. I have had to reload the core applications 4 times now under the 7.1.0.794 OS.
    i had to go back to .746 cause .794 was buggy as ****. ive never experienced random reboots with any other os but this one. i'd take out my bb from my holster to make a call, and sh*t be half way through a reboot lol. multiple times. no thank you. just generally things didn't work properly. very unstable os imo.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  23. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    537 Global Posts
    #173  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPayne79 View Post
    i had to go back to .746 cause .794 was buggy as ****. ive never experienced random reboots with any other os but this one. i'd take out my bb from my holster to make a call, and sh*t be half way through a reboot lol. multiple times. no thank you. just generally things didn't work properly. very unstable os imo.
    I haven't had any problems with this os, other than since I installed it, google maps no longer works.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  24. xivius's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #174  

    Default Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPayne79 View Post
    i had to go back to .746 cause .794 was buggy as ****. ive never experienced random reboots with any other os but this one. i'd take out my bb from my holster to make a call, and sh*t be half way through a reboot lol. multiple times. no thank you. just generally things didn't work properly. very unstable os imo.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    How did you went back to .746 ?
  25. MaxPayne79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #175  

    Default Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    I haven't had any problems with this os, other than since I installed it, google maps no longer works.
    that too! forgot to mention that, lol.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest 9930 Official OS 7.1.0.649 from China Telekom
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
  2. Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.714 from Telenor Serbia
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM
  3. Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.714 from O2 Ireland
    By greg_z in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 05:51 PM
  4. Latest Official: OS 5.0.0.1062 from China Mobile
    By Michelle Haag in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
  5. 9900 Official OS 7.0.0.296 from VodafoneDE
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions