Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 255
Like Tree30Likes
  1. scouts36's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    984 Posts
    #126  

    Default

    I use Spanish as default language and have encountered the same problem! The é is there.. but you need to scroll the trackpad in the opposite direction.
    I´m glad someone else has this issue!! Apparently something is changed in the order the characters appear when scrolling with the trackpad.
  2. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #127  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zuguzcai View Post
    Had to go back to .746. This firmware version caused battery leak.
    What's a battery leak?
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. rroyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    857 Posts
    PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #128  

    Default

    For high temperature, battery and memory leak problems. Stop using monitoring apps! They drain your battery, drain your memory and heat the battery since they are running in background to monitor your device. Use BlackBerry Device Analyzer (always better to use built-in apps not 3rd parties) Using built-in led colors by RIM (w/ .746/794) also helps w/ battery life. I stop using BeBuzz after .746 release. Also you can check Extend your BlackBerry battery life! for other suggestions. I've 3.1%/hr max battery usage after all these.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

    Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
  4. r_hafeed's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #129  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post
    For high temperature, battery and memory leak problems. Stop using monitoring apps!
    Some like the OS, some doesn't. I have no problem with 746, but I want to be staying updated So I'll go with 794 following RROY "the Man". Is it worth it for you? Only you can answer that (a quote from Phill_UK).
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 12-07-2012 at 11:49 PM.
  5. loriov's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    27 Posts
    #130  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scouts36 View Post
    I use Spanish as default language and have encountered the same problem! The é is there.. but you need to scroll the trackpad in the opposite direction.
    I´m glad someone else has this issue!! Apparently something is changed in the order the characters appear when scrolling with the trackpad.
    It's very strange as up to .746 everything is fine. But for whatever reason with .794 they changed the order. I find that very strange...
  6. Matt J's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,000 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,024 Global Posts
    #131  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post
    I went back to .746 because I found an intermittent "bug"... The "escape/back" button would not work about 10% of the time on the first press. I thought it was hardware, but when I went back to .746 the problem went away. Look for this....
    I take this back. This was NOT a bug in the OS. It miraculously disappeared. Perhaps there was some sticking with my escape/back key. I have since gone back to .794 and have found it to be the absolute best OS so far. Battery life is better than .746.
    BlackBerry Z10 (10.2.1.2141), BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi (2.1.0.1753), Microsoft Surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT)
  7. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #132  

    Default

    would it be good for my device? bold 9900 im hesatating wether to update or not :/
  8. bpw1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    PIN
    280D0D04
    #133  

    Default

    Has anyone else seen problems with the core applications. I have had to reload the core applications 4 times now under the 7.1.0.794 OS.
  9. FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,640 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts
    #134  

    Default

    Not here - mine's been fine. Works as well as I'd expect any RIM OS to...
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
  10. jpb39's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #135  

    Default

    FWIW, I'm using .794 on a 9900, and with French as the input language I get é as the first accented character as I move the trackpad to the right.
  11. r_hafeed's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #136  

    Default

    Ain't see so much different with .746 batt life. After settling down, os become more lively.
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 12-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.
  12. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,905 Posts
    #137  

    Default

    Downloaded and posted here on day one.
    So busy or lazy I just got around to updating about 2 or 3 hours ago.

    This is the best OS ever!!!
    Even though I just upgraded, I am getting almost 28 days of battery life with the most heavy & extreme use possible!!!



    **Everything seems fine so far***
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  13. bimmerdriver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    518 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #138  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Not here - mine's been fine. Works as well as I'd expect any RIM OS to...
    Just got back from a couple of weeks overseas, haven't had time to catch up. I've been using .746 since it was released. Seems okay, wondering if there is any reason not to upgrade to this release.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  14. cevag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #139  

    Default

    I've installed this OS a few days back, coming from .746 and this OS hasn't given me any problems at all runs very smooth and better battery life.
  15. djh_wolf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    #140  

    Default

    Well, been around a week now. All good, no issues, and my battery's giving me about 2 full days with moderate use.

    Nice one.
    PROVIDER: OrangeUK
  16. grimreaper420's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    79 Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #141  

    Default

    No issues here
    Proud owner of BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-5 OS10.2.1.2947 & Dev Alpha.... coming soon Z30 [STA100-5]
  17. akshay1234's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #142  

    Default

    Guys I'm facing a couple of odd issues after upgrading. While upgrading the restoration of data did not start on its own. The step before restoring where the phone starts, that happened but then restoration didn't happen, so I unplugged it from the comp and reconnected it. Then the restoration started, but slightly after I realized 2 bbm groups didn't restore, nothing could restore them. Today I open appworld and it says BBM messenger not available for this device. Also in my appworld it shows many apps like whatsapp uninstalled, whereas I actually have them working perfectly.
  18. akshay1234's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #143  

    Default

    Further update - Wiped my device with bbsak, downloaded 7.1.746 and installed. In appworld it still shows bbm under other devices, and says its not available for my device. Also while restoring contacts through email, some groups don't seem to be getting restored. I'm pretty frustrated since all my firmware updates till now have been perfect. Any suggestions?
  19. L o r d R a j's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    441 Posts
    #144  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
    Further update - Wiped my device with bbsak, downloaded 7.1.746 and installed. In appworld it still shows bbm under other devices, and says its not available for my device. Also while restoring contacts through email, some groups don't seem to be getting restored. I'm pretty frustrated since all my firmware updates till now have been perfect. Any suggestions?
    Just a suggestion - perhaps a new BlackBerry ID might work. I recall reading it somewhere long ago (not for restoring the groups but for app being unavailable).
    Let me see if I can find the link.

    Here it is.

    <App Name> is not available for download at BlackB... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

    2011 issue.. One user (StarrTiger) claims to have resolved the issue by creating a new BB ID.
  20. L o r d R a j's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    441 Posts
    #145  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L o r d R a j View Post
    Just a suggestion - perhaps a new BlackBerry ID might work. I recall reading it somewhere long ago (not for restoring the groups but for app being unavailable).
    Let me see if I can find the link.

    Here it is.

    <App Name> is not available for download at BlackB... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

    2011 issue.. One user (StarrTiger) claims to have resolved the issue by creating a new BB ID.
    Other than that - This could also be because of the new BBM 7 (Voice) update. Perhaps it hasn't rolled out for India yet (just a thought) and hence showing as - Unavailable for this device.

    I still haven't been able to get BB Travel ( : ( ) because of the country issue.
  21. L o r d R a j's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    441 Posts
    #146  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
    Guys I'm facing a couple of odd issues after upgrading. While upgrading the restoration of data did not start on its own. The step before restoring where the phone starts, that happened but then restoration didn't happen, so I unplugged it from the comp and reconnected it. Then the restoration started, but slightly after I realized 2 bbm groups didn't restore, nothing could restore them. Today I open appworld and it says BBM messenger not available for this device. Also in my appworld it shows many apps like whatsapp uninstalled, whereas I actually have them working perfectly.
    Try Advanced / selective restore, and select ONLY BBM (worth a shot given that nothing else seems to be working).
  22. andysan1971's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    330 Posts
    #147  

    Default Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom

    well i made the jump and installed this OS

    youtube does not work, also battery indicator within Advance OS?

    solutions anyone please?


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  23. dierre's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    667 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts
    PIN
    25B1B168
    #148  

    Default

    Loriov éèêë äåæàáâã they all work for me
  24. scouts36's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    984 Posts
    #149  

    Default

    They do work, but the order in which you find them when scrolling the trackpad is different.. and makes it different to any previous versión of the OS.
  25. .leek.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #150  

    Default

    google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.

    any suggestion will be much appreciated!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest 9930 Official OS 7.1.0.649 from China Telekom
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  2. Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.714 from Telenor Serbia
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 08:50 AM
  3. Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.714 from O2 Ireland
    By greg_z in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Latest Official: OS 5.0.0.1062 from China Mobile
    By Michelle Haag in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
  5. 9900 Official OS 7.0.0.296 from VodafoneDE
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions