Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Basically, I do not fear losing all of my data for one reason or another. I do not care if my Bold loses everything because I will just reload it from the backup.
    Curve 8330 -> Storm 9530 -> Torch 9800 -> Bold 9900 -> Playbook -> Z10 -> iPhone 4 -> Z30 & Q10 for work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just installed OS should be smooth for sure, anyways

Did installation using DM and on purpose didnt shrink - probably later if decide to stay with this OS. Everything went well and no any issues.

What I noticed after few hours running the OS is the battery is running hot. Outdoor, with radio from .714 usually was ~16 C, but with this OS is somewhere ~25-26 C. Funny (confusing) is that indoor getting same temperature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post
    I scared too ) and I've no idea waht wapi stands for but only chineese carriers haz it as I remember jAllLang haz Japaneese too (only different w/ AllLAng) but this is AllLang version. I guess genius renamed it before upload :P
    Chinese, and especially China Unicom (CU), was very vocal regarding "Network Drop Syndrome" - after some time losing the ability to access internet if the device is not on BIS/BES. As I know RIM have promised a "hack" for the devices of CU - including 9300, 9800 and 9900 - to be able to have Internet connection without BIS/BES.

Suspecting the wapi indicates the "hack" is implemented. Next week will have a lunch with CU guys and probably can confirm.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi

I would love to know if this release has the 2g only option ? Its missing from a lot of the recent releases and I am really suffering without it :/

Not even getting a full days usage @
    Bahamaboy99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mtint View Post
    Chinese, and especially China Unicom (CU), was very vocal regarding "Network Drop Syndrome" - after some time losing the ability to access internet if the device is not on BIS/BES. As I know RIM have promised a "hack" for the devices of CU - including 9300, 9800 and 9900 - to be able to have Internet connection without BIS/BES.

Suspecting the wapi indicates the "hack" is implemented. Next week will have a lunch with CU guys and probably can confirm.
    Hmmm... Excuse my ignorance...

Why would RIM want carriers to provide internet access for devices NOT using BIS/BES?
    That would ensure they could NOT collect NOC fees from each device or company, correct?
    Why would RIM have to “hack” an OS that they created themselves and provided to the carrier?
    Why not just have it built in directly and have it be carrier dependent like HotSpot or something?

I admittedly do not know how things work in China regarding carriers.
    But I would think that things were not much different than here in the US.

Can you please provide some documentation about this so I can educate myself?
    Especially information regarding RIM stating they would provide “hacks” for their own devices on carrier networks.

I can always Google Translate or something if needed.
    Thanks.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

New YouTube icon yes, and YouTube itself has had a makeover, totally different look and layout, looks good too.

Unfortunately the music player has had a downgrade, when you want to go loud it prompts you to accept this (as normal) but now there's no 'remember this' button, so you'll have to accept the loud noise prompt EVERY TIME you listen to music - annoying, it's a shame that it's gone
    Last edited by jordandub; 11-29-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: who knows
    (9000 > 9800 > 9360 > 9900 > Z10 + PlayBook + shares)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default meaning of wapi

Wapi really means WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure (WAPI) is a Chinese National Standard for Wireless LANs (GB 15629.11-2003). i dont think an hack is included but i'm downloading the os to see how it works in Jamaica. Will post an update soon
    Thanked by 2:
    MADBRADNYC (11-29-2012),  zocster (11-29-2012) 
    Mecca EL likes this.

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts
    PIN
    Look at her ****, dios mio

For some reason, everytime I try selecting youtube, nothing happens.
    [Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts]
    2 Chainz came out with a 4.0 GPA in Business. I want to be 2 Chainz when I grow up.

BBM: 7FC94509 - Give me a reason to use it!
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China Unicom

Quote Originally Posted by crackberry star View Post
    i dont think an hack is included...
    Correct, there is no hack.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,306 Global Posts

anyone tried the java from this on the latest 9930 radio?
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B0AF17C

I hope this OS will solve my problems/issue with App world on my 9900, it still has the error: A error occured when loading your application list (stil in case with RIM Canada, but it is very that im still not able to download my previous apps i used on my 9780, the only work around is to connect it to IE and then use the AppWorld Plugin...
    BlackBerry Q10 OS 10.3.1.1016
    BlackBerry Z30 OS 10.3.1.1016
    BlackBerry 9900 OS 7.1.0.1033
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Hmmm... Excuse my ignorance...

Why would RIM want carriers to provide internet access for devices NOT using BIS/BES?
    That would ensure they could NOT collect NOC fees from each device or company, correct?
    Why would RIM have to “hack” an OS that they created themselves and provided to the carrier?
    Why not just have it built in directly and have it be carrier dependent like HotSpot or something?

I admittedly do not know how things work in China regarding carriers.
    But I would think that things were not much different than here in the US.

Can you please provide some documentation about this so I can educate myself?
    Especially information regarding RIM stating they would provide “hacks” for their own devices on carrier networks.

I can always Google Translate or something if needed.
    Thanks.
    "Hack" is term I used, and probably not most correct one.

The long story short... in China there are ~200-300,000 devices on BIS/BES on all three networks (China Telecom - CDMA, China Mobile - GSM/TD-SCDMA, CU - GSM/UMTS). The same time there are much more in use without BIS/BES. The reason is many people like BB but dont want to pay extra ~10-15 USD per month for BIS. This situation in the past actually "created" quite a number of "solutions" dealing with "Network-Drop Syndrome", including hybrids on OS6 devices - 9700, 9800 and 9300 - which solves the "problem".

Few months ago CU negotiated with RIM to be provide with solution to offer devices which do not have the "syndrome", and actually was given a "sample device" - if remember correctly it was 9300. Was told by CU that RIM have promised 9900 sold by CU to be "hacked"/modified for the purpose as well.

Lately I haven't followed the case, and not sure was there further development. Next week meeting with CU and can talk with them about the matter - if interested just PM and I can ask what you would like to know. Haven't talked with anyone from RIM about this case - unfortunately cant provide any information regarding their reasons etc., only can speculate.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by CraigcG View Post
    Hi

I would love to know if this release has the 2g only option ? Its missing from a lot of the recent releases and I am really suffering without it :/

Not even getting a full days usage @
    It is not "missing" from any OS, it is denied to you by your carrier.
    PassportSQW100-1 10.3.0.1418

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    CrackBerry Abuser

everything seems work just fine, one minor only, high temp using 794.sfi. at 2G got as lowest as 26c, more often stays at 30c.

using lower sfi from 523-569-658-714.sfi may gave better result in temp.
    every new day is another chance to change your life
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

WAPI (WLAN Authentication and Privacy Infrastructure) is a Chinese National Standard for Wireless LANs... old tech that never took off.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WLAN_...Infrastructure
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    Thanked by 3:
    MADBRADNYC (11-29-2012),  mtint (11-29-2012),  zocster (11-29-2012) 
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2B0AF17C

Just upgraded to the new OS, it is quicker then the previous version, but...... The App World error is still there, im not able to refresh my app list... Hope Rim will solve this issue quickly. But this OS is very good, no problems found untill now.
    BlackBerry Q10 OS 10.3.1.1016
    BlackBerry Z30 OS 10.3.1.1016
    BlackBerry 9900 OS 7.1.0.1033
    BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526
    CrackBerry Genius

"Hack" is term I used, and probably not most correct one.

The long story short... in China there are ~200-300,000 devices on BIS/BES on all three networks (China Telecom - CDMA, China Mobile - GSM/TD-SCDMA, CU - GSM/UMTS). The same time there are much more in use without BIS/BES. The reason is many people like BB but dont want to pay extra ~10-15 USD per month for BIS. This situation in the past actually "created" quite a number of "solutions" dealing with "Network-Drop Syndrome", including hybrids on OS6 devices - 9700, 9800 and 9300 - which solves the "problem".

Few months ago CU negotiated with RIM to be provide with solution to offer devices which do not have the "syndrome", and actually was given a "sample device" - if remember correctly it was 9300. Was told by CU that RIM have promised 9900 sold by CU to be "hacked"/modified for the purpose as well.

Lately I haven't followed the case, and not sure was there further development. Next week meeting with CU and can talk with them about the matter - if interested just PM and I can ask what you would like to know. Haven't talked with anyone from RIM about this case - unfortunately cant provide any information regarding their reasons etc., only can speculate.
    Okey Dokey....
    No need to PM you.
    I was just looking for some official documentation regarding your claims, as I could not find anything on it at all...
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Anyone having issues with GPS on this build? Immediately after the upgrade my FourSquare app stopped working, returning a "Invalid geo coordinates" error
    CrackBerry Abuser

Is any one else getting a message (restoring BBM) that never finishes ? Have done a battery pull, can not use bbm at all just get that message every time i open it.

Update: This seems to be related to Blackberry ID.
    Still not resolved.

Update: Resolved by doing this http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...-5/td-p/973929
    Dont have any idea why bbm was behaving this way but it seemed related to blackberry id.
    Last edited by MisterMom; 11-29-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Okey so here is my opinion

I have used all of the os from the 3xx series and forward but this one is by far the best. There is a lot small fixes. Here is some
    • The bug with mobile hotsport where it turns of after a while no matter the settings is gone.
    • The audio bug with volume while playing music with earphones is gone.

Here is other improvements I have noticed:
    • A lot faster and smoother
    • A tad better battery life from the .746

The only downside seems to be reception. I'm loosing reception where I normally don't. But I'm not sure if it's due to the update or anything else.

I couldn't do anything else other than really recommend this update!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just installed, no problems at all, thank you for posting.
    calles likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts

Any ATT users try it yet?
    Lumia 1520, Passport -- Surface Pro 3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just put .794 on my 9900. No issues at all. Browser, wifi,signal strength, bbm are working nice. Obviously too early to talk about the battery (BTW, I'm on Rogers Canada)
    Bold 9900
    Running on 7.1.0.1098

Playbook 16GB

Running on 2.1.0.1753
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Loading this bish up on my netbook and then going down for upgrade!
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Master

Besides a new logo, does the YouTube app act differently or is it still just a mobile launcher?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast