- CrackBerry User
01-09-13, 04:25 PM #227
- 15 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to BB world and I decided to give my bold 9900 fresh start.
I plan to wipe device with BBSAK, I've already downloaded latest Desktop Manager and that China Unicom 7.1 BBOS and since I don't have any important data on my device yet (I got it 2 days ago) I don't need backup, or do I?
Anyways, I wanted you to ask several questions:
1. tell me if there is any risk my phone will become bricked or unusable?
2. I am not user of China Unicom; is that important in any way?
3. I already run 126.96.36.1994, will I gain anything or lose anything by switching to .794?
4. Will this erase IT policies, cuz I found out one of carriers in my country offer BIS plan so I might look into it and right now I can only setup BES.
- 01-09-13, 04:59 PM #228
1) Slim to no risk whatsoever
2) That's not important in any way
3) Not really. I would stick with .714
4) No it won't remove an IT policy. You need to do a factory reset for that, but you don't have a BB data plan so it makes no difference anyway.
- 01-09-13, 06:50 PM #229
hi all friends, i m new to bb world bold 9900 is my first bb,but it is giving me ****, i previosly using it in dubai it was ok,but i m in pakistan now,when i install sim it says no sim n goes to SOS , will OS upgrade solve this problem? my current version is 7 0 0 585....platform 5 0 0 734
- 01-11-13, 09:38 PM #238
I've tried everything...
So I have this unbranded white 9900, I've been trying to upgrade to one of the new OS updates. Mine still says 7.0 bundle blah blah blah...
My carrier is SImple Mobile and I can get 3G though, mostily I only get EDGE(depending on the area).
Anyways, I've looked at a few tutorials and I haven't had luck updating the OS...
I would appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction or if someone could give me some quick instructions on how to do this.
I've downloaded the latest official OS update(from China carrier) and I've been trying all day but haven't figured out how to get this done properly.
Thanks in advance
- 01-12-13, 07:49 AM #240
I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents.
So after struggling severely to update, I finally did it. First thing I noticed was BBM was gone... but it wasn't a problem, I just reinstalled. Same with the few apps I actually has(Flixter, Pandora, ScoreMobile, TUnein Shazam). OH! and my videos are now in a different file format. They used to save as a 3GPP file, and now they save as a MP4 which is awesome because I can just plug in my Bold to my PS3 and it'll play the videos
My sister's bold could already do this but she has a Tmobile branded phone that has some 7.1 update, Meanwhile I was stuck with 7.0 that came with this white unbranded 9900. We both use it on Simple Mobile and it works great, though again, hers gets 4G speeds, while mine can only get 3G in some areas.
- 01-14-13, 06:04 AM #243
i m installing this OS ...using bbsak..... this is my first time to install bb os.....everything is going smooth but when i wiped the bb using bbsak....i choosed load os...selected this OS 188.8.131.524 ...suddenly a wizard appeared asked me to select port...meanwhile i saw device manager icon come into play (in the tray near clock) i was surprised as i had closed device manager before connecting my bb 9900...and then i opened bbsak.....so,after seeing DM icon in tray i manually closed it using right click n exit option....then after 1 minute or so..a screen came with application wizard loader written on the top....then everything went smooth and i successfully installed this awesome OS which is running smooth, i must thank all crackberry family for their best support....i just wanted to know that application loader wizard,its bbsak wizard or device manager came into play during process...just curious
- 01-14-13, 02:00 PM #244
I'm having the following issues running 794 since it was posted here:
1. Poor wifi access point association and auth. Can't seem to lock on to a strong signal and stay connected.
2. Message waiting icons don't clear after reading all messages. I have to manually mark a message as unread then read it again to clear.
3. With T-mobile, wifi calling is flaky. I often have to pull the battery to get it to reset and work. This is happening on fast networks where IPsec is configured properly.
- 01-17-13, 12:42 PM #248
Latest 9900 Official OS 184.108.40.2064 from China Unicom
I am now convinced that installing a new OS on my 9900 via an HP netbook is NOT going to work at all. i even tried using BBSAK and it is still a no go. Unless... I'm missing completely. If so, someone needs to bring it to my attention.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
- CrackBerry Genius
01-17-13, 12:57 PM #250
- 4,107 Posts
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 39Last Post: 02-18-13, 10:04 AM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 83Last Post: 11-02-12, 09:50 AM
- By greg_z in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-12, 05:51 PM
- By Michelle Haag in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 57Last Post: 08-06-12, 04:17 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 57Last Post: 08-23-11, 05:38 PM