So basicly....the receipt of 5-10 emails (only words) is decreasing my battery??
    Nope... answered in your double post
    01-08-13 12:12 PM
    Hi guys, I am new to BB world and I decided to give my bold 9900 fresh start.
    I plan to wipe device with BBSAK, I've already downloaded latest Desktop Manager and that China Unicom 7.1 BBOS and since I don't have any important data on my device yet (I got it 2 days ago) I don't need backup, or do I?
    Anyways, I wanted you to ask several questions:
    1. tell me if there is any risk my phone will become bricked or unusable?
    2. I am not user of China Unicom; is that important in any way?
    3. I already run 7.1.0.714, will I gain anything or lose anything by switching to .794?
    4. Will this erase IT policies, cuz I found out one of carriers in my country offer BIS plan so I might look into it and right now I can only setup BES.
    01-09-13 03:25 PM
    Hi guys, I am new to BB world and I decided to give my bold 9900 fresh start.
    I plan to wipe device with BBSAK, I've already downloaded latest Desktop Manager and that China Unicom 7.1 BBOS and since I don't have any important data on my device yet (I got it 2 days ago) I don't need backup, or do I?
    Anyways, I wanted you to ask several questions:
    1. tell me if there is any risk my phone will become bricked or unusable?
    2. I am not user of China Unicom; is that important in any way?
    3. I already run 7.1.0.714, will I gain anything or lose anything by switching to .794?
    4. Will this erase IT policies, cuz I found out one of carriers in my country offer BIS plan so I might look into it and right now I can only setup BES.
    You don't need to back up, but if you've made any personal setting changes, it's probably best to.

1) Slim to no risk whatsoever

2) That's not important in any way

3) Not really. I would stick with .714

4) No it won't remove an IT policy. You need to do a factory reset for that, but you don't have a BB data plan so it makes no difference anyway.
    01-09-13 03:59 PM
    hi all friends, i m new to bb world bold 9900 is my first bb,but it is giving me ****, i previosly using it in dubai it was ok,but i m in pakistan now,when i install sim it says no sim n goes to SOS , will OS upgrade solve this problem? my current version is 7 0 0 585....platform 5 0 0 734
    01-09-13 05:50 PM
    well the thing is I like to try things, so I ll probably do this "cleanup" of my device.
    I ll look into data plans, I ll probably get it. Should I do factory reset before clean installing OS on device or it doesn't metter?
    01-09-13 05:55 PM
    u will have to unlock the bb thts what i believe. And no matter what u change to any OS it wont work. Hope this helps
    01-09-13 06:42 PM
    u will have to unlock the bb thts what i believe. And no matter what u change to any OS it wont work. Hope this help. Reply to qasim
    Qasim Malik likes this.
    01-09-13 06:43 PM
    Anyone else having soft reboot problems???
    Please advise
    01-10-13 12:29 PM
    hi all friends, i m new to bb world bold 9900 is my first bb,but it is giving me ****, i previosly using it in dubai it was ok,but i m in pakistan now,when i install sim it says no sim n goes to SOS , will OS upgrade solve this problem? my current version is 7 0 0 585....platform 5 0 0 734
    The phone needs to be unlocked. Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net
    Qasim Malik likes this.
    01-10-13 09:31 PM
    Anyone else having soft reboot problems???
    Please advise
    Nope.
    Just did it... works fine.
    01-11-13 09:58 AM
    Nope.
    Just did it... works fine.
    When I hold the buttons down it doesn't do anything - it used to before the update.

Anyone else?
    01-11-13 12:20 PM
    1st, press and hold Alt. Next, while continuing to hold the Alt key, press and hold the right cap key, While continuing to hold both those keys, press delete. That should do it for you.
    01-11-13 05:16 PM
    So I have this unbranded white 9900, I've been trying to upgrade to one of the new OS updates. Mine still says 7.0 bundle blah blah blah...
    My carrier is SImple Mobile and I can get 3G though, mostily I only get EDGE(depending on the area).
    Anyways, I've looked at a few tutorials and I haven't had luck updating the OS...
    I would appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction or if someone could give me some quick instructions on how to do this.
    I've downloaded the latest official OS update(from China carrier) and I've been trying all day but haven't figured out how to get this done properly.
    Thanks in advance
    01-11-13 08:38 PM
    I hope someone that knows how to do this responds because I've been trying for the past 4-5 days to load .794 OS onto my 9900. So I'll be sitting her on stand by. *sits patiently*
    01-11-13 09:09 PM
    I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents.

So after struggling severely to update, I finally did it. First thing I noticed was BBM was gone... but it wasn't a problem, I just reinstalled. Same with the few apps I actually has(Flixter, Pandora, ScoreMobile, TUnein Shazam). OH! and my videos are now in a different file format. They used to save as a 3GPP file, and now they save as a MP4 which is awesome because I can just plug in my Bold to my PS3 and it'll play the videos
    My sister's bold could already do this but she has a Tmobile branded phone that has some 7.1 update, Meanwhile I was stuck with 7.0 that came with this white unbranded 9900. We both use it on Simple Mobile and it works great, though again, hers gets 4G speeds, while mine can only get 3G in some areas.
    01-12-13 06:49 AM
    does this OS allow us to manually select 2g/3g ....just wanted to know before installation...coz we dont have 3g in our country yet..we still use edge
    01-13-13 03:09 PM
    does this OS allow us to manually select 2g/3g ....just wanted to know before installation...coz we dont have 3g in our country yet..we still use edge
    All OS versions have that option. If you don't have it, then your carrier has blocked it... and there's nothing you can do about it.
    01-13-13 04:51 PM
    i m installing this OS ...using bbsak..... this is my first time to install bb os.....everything is going smooth but when i wiped the bb using bbsak....i choosed load os...selected this OS 7.1.0.794 ...suddenly a wizard appeared asked me to select port...meanwhile i saw device manager icon come into play (in the tray near clock) i was surprised as i had closed device manager before connecting my bb 9900...and then i opened bbsak.....so,after seeing DM icon in tray i manually closed it using right click n exit option....then after 1 minute or so..a screen came with application wizard loader written on the top....then everything went smooth and i successfully installed this awesome OS which is running smooth, i must thank all crackberry family for their best support....i just wanted to know that application loader wizard,its bbsak wizard or device manager came into play during process...just curious
    01-14-13 05:04 AM
    I'm having the following issues running 794 since it was posted here:

1. Poor wifi access point association and auth. Can't seem to lock on to a strong signal and stay connected.
    2. Message waiting icons don't clear after reading all messages. I have to manually mark a message as unread then read it again to clear.
    3. With T-mobile, wifi calling is flaky. I often have to pull the battery to get it to reset and work. This is happening on fast networks where IPsec is configured properly.
    01-14-13 01:00 PM
    Has anyone on AT&T been experiencing dropped calls? Ever since I installed their 7.1, and then upgraded to .794, I have had more dropped calls than I had ever had before. Thanks!!
    01-16-13 12:55 PM
    the worst OS i have ever used, my phone freeze all the time after installing this OS.
    I don't recommend anyone to upgrade to this shi*t
    01-17-13 12:17 AM
    anyone having issues with the Normal sound profile?
    Email notifications default to "Silent" while text messages are at 8.

or has this been so all along?
    01-17-13 09:23 AM
    I am now convinced that installing a new OS on my 9900 via an HP netbook is NOT going to work at all. i even tried using BBSAK and it is still a no go. Unless... I'm missing completely. If so, someone needs to bring it to my attention.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-17-13 11:42 AM
    what is the problem your having??
    01-17-13 11:46 AM
    I am now convinced that installing a new OS on my 9900 via an HP netbook is NOT going to work at all. i even tried using BBSAK and it is still a no go. Unless... I'm missing completely. If so, someone needs to bring it to my attention.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you still have a vendor file lurking somewhere on your PC

Do a full search of your C drive making sure to check the box enabling search for hidden files.

Also you may want to abort this OS install and download the latest .825 that has just dropped.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-17-13 11:57 AM
255 ... 891011