google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.
    any suggestion will be much appreciated!
    Have you tried uninstalling Google Maps... restarting your device and reinstalling the App??
    12-13-12 08:50 AM
    Sadly, yes. Tried but it does not fix the problem.
    12-13-12 08:59 AM
    By the way, it crashes at the term and conditions page. You only see that page when u change OS or reinstalled the program.
    12-13-12 09:03 AM
    same here sadly
    12-13-12 09:56 AM
    Hmmm. Google and BlackBerry Maps are both working just fine for me on this OS.
    As a matter of fact, I just opened both of them while inside, and they both found me instantly.
    I am connected to WiFi while inside and found no issues.
    BBTraffic is also doing well on my 9900.

How do you maintain a WiFi connection while traveling using Google Maps?
    Or, do you mean you were inside somewhere just as I was and turned off WiFi?
    12-13-12 10:54 AM
    google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.

any suggestion will be much appreciated!
    I'm having the same problem. Wasn't experiencing it before on 7.1.0.746. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling google maps, but no difference. This is a show stopper for me. I use google maps all the time and I depend on it.

Can anyone using this OS confirm if google maps works for them?
    12-13-12 11:04 AM
    Can anyone using this OS confirm if google maps works for them?
    I just did... In the post directly previous to yours...
    Hmmm. Google and BlackBerry Maps are both working just fine for me on this OS.
    12-13-12 11:09 AM
    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    12-13-12 11:15 AM
    I missed your post. Thanks.
    12-13-12 11:22 AM
    <insert disgusting sexual profanity> @google for maps issue
    12-13-12 11:22 AM
    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    I installed it ages ago and it was working until I upgraded to 7.1.0.794. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling it and it made no difference. I was going to downgrade, but it sounds like that won't work. This is terrible. Google maps is the app that I use more than any other.
    12-13-12 11:24 AM
    I installed it ages ago and it was working until I upgraded to 7.1.0.794. Tried deinstalling and reinstalling it and it made no difference. I was going to downgrade, but it sounds like that won't work. This is terrible. Google maps is the app that I use more than any other.
    Yes, unfortunately an OS upgrade involves re-acceptance of the Google Maps Terms & Conditions... as does an OS downgrade, which won't work either
    12-13-12 11:31 AM
    yes, unfortunately an os upgrade involves re-acceptance of the google maps terms & conditions... As does an os downgrade, which won't work either
    aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!
    12-13-12 11:32 AM
    Yes, unfortunately an OS upgrade involves re-acceptance of the Google Maps Terms & Conditions... as does an OS downgrade, which won't work either
    Wish i knew about this before... resetting the app to clear the cache will also bring you back to the terms and conditions screen. I basically screwed myself *sigh*
    12-13-12 11:48 AM
    Wish i knew about this before... resetting the app to clear the cache will also bring you back to the terms and conditions screen. I basically screwed myself *sigh*
    There are a bunch of posts about this in google groups. Not sure if google even knows about the problem.
    12-13-12 12:16 PM

Wow! This I did not know...
    I upgraded just 4 days ago to this OS on the 9th, so this has to be REALLY recent!
    That is truly a bummer for some...

Thanks for this info Phill!
    12-13-12 12:56 PM
    Wow! This I did not know...
    I upgraded just 4 days ago to this OS on the 9th, so this has to be REALLY recent!
    That is truly a bummer for some...

Thanks for this info Phill!
    Someone in google groups said you could work around this by downloading the cods / jad and installing them off the SD card. Here is a link. I tried it, but it didn't work for me.
    12-13-12 02:29 PM
    Someone in google groups said you could work around this by downloading the cods / jad and installing them off the SD card. Here is a link. I tried it, but it didn't work for me.
    Yes. It's unfortunate, but Google seems to have stopped new activations.
    If you already had it loaded and running you're fine.
    If you do a fresh reinstall or upgrade your OS it can no longer be activated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03/index2.html
    12-13-12 02:44 PM
    Yes. It's unfortunate, but Google seems to have stopped new activations.
    If you already had it loaded and running you're fine.
    If you do a fresh reinstall or upgrade your OS it can no longer be activated.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03/index2.html
    Also don't reset google maps in the options to clear the cache and search history like i did
    12-13-12 03:56 PM
    Also don't reset google maps in the options to clear the cache and search history like i did
    Ha Ha! I hear ya!
    Well, whether this is a hiccup or permanent, Google Maps is only as good as the next OS upgrade for me.
    I really like it, but I like my device to function better even more.
    I'm glad I chose to upgrade to .794 when I did.

I have BBMaps, BBTraffic, and a great in-vehicle GPS unit.
    12-13-12 06:49 PM
    It is a shame.
    Thanks for the enlightenment!
    12-13-12 07:12 PM
    Has anyone else seen problems with the core applications. I have had to reload the core applications 4 times now under the 7.1.0.794 OS.
    i had to go back to .746 cause .794 was buggy as ****. ive never experienced random reboots with any other os but this one. i'd take out my bb from my holster to make a call, and sh*t be half way through a reboot lol. multiple times. no thank you. just generally things didn't work properly. very unstable os imo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 11:48 AM
    i had to go back to .746 cause .794 was buggy as ****. ive never experienced random reboots with any other os but this one. i'd take out my bb from my holster to make a call, and sh*t be half way through a reboot lol. multiple times. no thank you. just generally things didn't work properly. very unstable os imo.
    I haven't had any problems with this os, other than since I installed it, google maps no longer works.
    12-14-12 12:36 PM

How did you went back to .746 ?
    12-14-12 01:27 PM
    I haven't had any problems with this os, other than since I installed it, google maps no longer works.
    that too! forgot to mention that, lol.

12-14-12 01:55 PM
255 ... 56789 ...