I use Spanish as default language and have encountered the same problem! The � is there.. but you need to scroll the trackpad in the opposite direction.
    I�m glad someone else has this issue!! Apparently something is changed in the order the characters appear when scrolling with the trackpad.
    12-07-12 12:42 PM
    Had to go back to .746. This firmware version caused battery leak.
    What's a battery leak?
    12-07-12 01:53 PM
    For high temperature, battery and memory leak problems. Stop using monitoring apps! They drain your battery, drain your memory and heat the battery since they are running in background to monitor your device. Use BlackBerry Device Analyzer (always better to use built-in apps not 3rd parties) Using built-in led colors by RIM (w/ .746/794) also helps w/ battery life. I stop using BeBuzz after .746 release. Also you can check Extend your BlackBerry battery life! for other suggestions. I've 3.1%/hr max battery usage after all these.
    12-07-12 01:55 PM
    For high temperature, battery and memory leak problems. Stop using monitoring apps!
    Some like the OS, some doesn't. I have no problem with 746, but I want to be staying updated So I'll go with 794 following RROY "the Man". Is it worth it for you? Only you can answer that (a quote from Phill_UK).
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 12-07-12 at 11:49 PM.
    12-07-12 08:26 PM
    I use Spanish as default language and have encountered the same problem! The � is there.. but you need to scroll the trackpad in the opposite direction.
    I�m glad someone else has this issue!! Apparently something is changed in the order the characters appear when scrolling with the trackpad.
    It's very strange as up to .746 everything is fine. But for whatever reason with .794 they changed the order. I find that very strange...
    12-08-12 10:45 AM
    I went back to .746 because I found an intermittent "bug"... The "escape/back" button would not work about 10% of the time on the first press. I thought it was hardware, but when I went back to .746 the problem went away. Look for this....
    I take this back. This was NOT a bug in the OS. It miraculously disappeared. Perhaps there was some sticking with my escape/back key. I have since gone back to .794 and have found it to be the absolute best OS so far. Battery life is better than .746.
    12-08-12 12:09 PM
    would it be good for my device? bold 9900 im hesatating wether to update or not :/
    12-08-12 02:23 PM
    Has anyone else seen problems with the core applications. I have had to reload the core applications 4 times now under the 7.1.0.794 OS.
    12-08-12 04:03 PM
    Not here - mine's been fine. Works as well as I'd expect any RIM OS to...
    12-08-12 10:18 PM
    FWIW, I'm using .794 on a 9900, and with French as the input language I get � as the first accented character as I move the trackpad to the right.
    12-09-12 03:29 PM
    Ain't see so much different with .746 batt life. After settling down, os become more lively.
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 12-09-12 at 07:07 PM.
    12-09-12 06:47 PM
    Downloaded and posted here on day one.
    So busy or lazy I just got around to updating about 2 or 3 hours ago.

This is the best OS ever!!!
    Even though I just upgraded, I am getting almost 28 days of battery life with the most heavy & extreme use possible!!!

**Everything seems fine so far***
    12-09-12 08:05 PM
    Not here - mine's been fine. Works as well as I'd expect any RIM OS to...
    Just got back from a couple of weeks overseas, haven't had time to catch up. I've been using .746 since it was released. Seems okay, wondering if there is any reason not to upgrade to this release.
    12-09-12 09:38 PM
    I've installed this OS a few days back, coming from .746 and this OS hasn't given me any problems at all runs very smooth and better battery life.
    12-09-12 10:28 PM
    Well, been around a week now. All good, no issues, and my battery's giving me about 2 full days with moderate use.

Nice one.
    12-10-12 11:51 AM
    No issues here
    12-10-12 01:44 PM
    Guys I'm facing a couple of odd issues after upgrading. While upgrading the restoration of data did not start on its own. The step before restoring where the phone starts, that happened but then restoration didn't happen, so I unplugged it from the comp and reconnected it. Then the restoration started, but slightly after I realized 2 bbm groups didn't restore, nothing could restore them. Today I open appworld and it says BBM messenger not available for this device. Also in my appworld it shows many apps like whatsapp uninstalled, whereas I actually have them working perfectly.
    12-10-12 11:21 PM
    Further update - Wiped my device with bbsak, downloaded 7.1.746 and installed. In appworld it still shows bbm under other devices, and says its not available for my device. Also while restoring contacts through email, some groups don't seem to be getting restored. I'm pretty frustrated since all my firmware updates till now have been perfect. Any suggestions?
    12-11-12 01:56 AM
    Further update - Wiped my device with bbsak, downloaded 7.1.746 and installed. In appworld it still shows bbm under other devices, and says its not available for my device. Also while restoring contacts through email, some groups don't seem to be getting restored. I'm pretty frustrated since all my firmware updates till now have been perfect. Any suggestions?
    Just a suggestion - perhaps a new BlackBerry ID might work. I recall reading it somewhere long ago (not for restoring the groups but for app being unavailable).
    Let me see if I can find the link.

Here it is.

<App Name> is not available for download at BlackB... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

2011 issue.. One user (StarrTiger) claims to have resolved the issue by creating a new BB ID.
    12-11-12 02:30 AM
    Just a suggestion - perhaps a new BlackBerry ID might work. I recall reading it somewhere long ago (not for restoring the groups but for app being unavailable).
    Let me see if I can find the link.

Here it is.

<App Name> is not available for download at BlackB... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

2011 issue.. One user (StarrTiger) claims to have resolved the issue by creating a new BB ID.
    Other than that - This could also be because of the new BBM 7 (Voice) update. Perhaps it hasn't rolled out for India yet (just a thought) and hence showing as - Unavailable for this device.

I still haven't been able to get BB Travel ( : ( ) because of the country issue.
    12-11-12 02:34 AM
    Guys I'm facing a couple of odd issues after upgrading. While upgrading the restoration of data did not start on its own. The step before restoring where the phone starts, that happened but then restoration didn't happen, so I unplugged it from the comp and reconnected it. Then the restoration started, but slightly after I realized 2 bbm groups didn't restore, nothing could restore them. Today I open appworld and it says BBM messenger not available for this device. Also in my appworld it shows many apps like whatsapp uninstalled, whereas I actually have them working perfectly.
    Try Advanced / selective restore, and select ONLY BBM (worth a shot given that nothing else seems to be working).
    12-11-12 02:45 AM
    well i made the jump and installed this OS

youtube does not work, also battery indicator within Advance OS?

solutions anyone please?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 12:22 PM
    Loriov ���� ������� they all work for me
    12-12-12 06:52 PM
    They do work, but the order in which you find them when scrolling the trackpad is different.. and makes it different to any previous versi�n of the OS.
    12-13-12 06:49 AM
    google maps have always been working for me, over a few different 9900 OS versions.
    for some reason, after upgrading to 794, it broke and showed: "Serious Error. Please Exit and Restart" message.
    googled for this error and saw it did happen to others on different versions, with no fix in sight.
    tried some suggested solutions such as turning off wifi did not change anything.

any suggestion will be much appreciated!
    12-13-12 08:37 AM
255 ... 45678 ...