I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this, but I just got my bold 9900 and I am using a font that came on the phone. My emails are in a different font and very large. It didn't ever do this on my 9700. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?
    Last edited by lindsey202004; 06-11-12 at 11:45 PM.
    06-11-12 11:02 PM
    Go under Options > Display > Screen Display and check your font size settings.

(Options is the Wrench icon)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 11:10 PM
    Yeah I have done that. My font size is 10, but my emails are much larger than the font on the rest of my phone. They are quite a bit larger!
    06-11-12 11:17 PM
    Using a theme by chance?
    06-11-12 11:21 PM
    Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but there's a font size setting in browser options, too.
    06-11-12 11:22 PM
    Read up here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...mail-text.html

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 11:26 PM
    Nope not using any themes. Hmm...I haven't messed with the font in the browser. Thanks for any information that could possibly help!
    06-11-12 11:27 PM
    The browser font doesn't seem to affect anything with my emails. I have no clue why the email is like this. I read up on the previous post and everything points to an OS bug. I have the official version on at&t with only facebook and a One Touch Flashlight app and that is it. This problem never occured on my bold 9700. I can live with the problem, but it's just a little annoying with the font being so large. It requires a lot of scrolling for a little amount of text!
    06-11-12 11:41 PM
    That thread seemed to imply an issue with malformed HTML or something like that. Of course within an email you can select "Get Plain Text". That is tedious for all emails. So instead what you might do is set your email app to always get plain text. Most likely there is a setting under email options somewhere. Depends on how important HTML in your emails is to you.
    06-11-12 11:49 PM
    None of my emails have came through in normal size font. I guess I will just leave things the way they are & read them in the large font until maybe there is a fix out there. Does anyone else have this problem?
    06-11-12 11:56 PM
    I have this problem as well and I am using the latest official AT&T OS. It is annoying and I don't know how to fix. Using the default theme the font is the default everywhere except in the messages.
    06-12-12 01:52 AM
    i use big fonts all the time i am legally blind and they help me out a lot.
    06-12-12 07:50 AM
    None of my emails have came through in normal size font. I guess I will just leave things the way they are & read them in the large font until maybe there is a fix out there. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Have you shrunk any of the cods out during OS install? Which font are you using?

Have you tried re-installing the OS?

After a few beers I normally pinch and zoom within my e-mails to make them more readable... (which only works with received e-mails and not sent)
    06-12-12 08:32 AM
    Honestly I have no idea how to shrink cods. I don't even know what that is. I always just use official versions of an os that pops up on my DM. I haven't tried wiping & re-installing the os. I may try that. I am using BBCasual as my font on a size 10 in bold. The font on the rest of my phone is normal.
    06-12-12 08:38 AM
    Honestly I have no idea how to shrink cods. I don't even know what that is. I always just use official versions of an os that pops up on my DM. I haven't tried wiping & re-installing the os. I may try that. I am using BBCasual as my font on a size 10 in bold. The font on the rest of my phone is normal.
    Yeah I was looking at the Accessibility settings. Nothing there either that would effect this. If you are comfortable doing so I would back up, security wipe. Then set up *just* your email. See if that fixes it. If so there is something that has been altered from the stock OS by some app or something that has occurred. If not then I would say it has to do with something on the service side of things and not your device.
    06-12-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD