Let me start off by saying I know should have never called Verizon about this but for the heck of it, I did. They were clueless and telling me to check things like trackball sensitivity, etc. Finally he admitted he didn't know much about the phone and it might be a better idea to take it into a Verizon store. Will do tomorrow but in the meantime...

Has anyone had issues with the 4 keys to the left and right of the trackbad not lighting up at all? One and off, the 2 keys (call and menu) to the left of my trackpad wouldn't light up. Most of the time they would but from time to time they wouldn't. This evening, I noticed that none of the 4 keys are lit up. I have OS version .374 and am wondering if this could be a software issue or a hardware issue. I verified with Verizon (well tried, all the knew is that it should be OS 7) that there aren't any OS updates they've released yet but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
    01-05-12 05:46 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. The outer columns of letters and keys seem to brighter than the 4 middle columns (the columns that start with R-U).

Wonder if this a good reason for them to replace the phone? I don't want to have hardware issue this early on and not get it replaced. Just wondered if this was something common on this model.
    01-05-12 05:54 PM
    I would swap it out.

Try the light sensor up by the LED and trigger it on and off. and see if it triggers them.

More likely it will not work. Good luck with an exchange, they will take care of ya.
    01-05-12 05:56 PM
    I would swap it out.

Try the light sensor up by the LED and trigger it on and off. and see if it triggers them.

More likely it will not work. Good luck with an exchange, they will take care of ya.

And how would I do that? lol

I want them swap it out and I feel sure they will.
    01-05-12 06:00 PM
    I haven't. In fact, I've been extra careful with it. I turned it off and back on thinking that may light the keys back up but it didn't work. I told the guy at Verizon I just won't want to keep it like this (even if the lights come back on) and worry that more keys will stop lighting up because it would be my luck that would happen after the warranty is out lol
    01-05-12 06:20 PM
    If you return it within 14 days of purchase, VZW will exchange for any reason as part of your wfg (worry free gurantee). Just tell them the dvice is defective and you want a new one.
    01-05-12 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD