I'm annoyed that the silver paint on the 4 plastic strips has started to chip off so I was wondering if I have the whole keypad replaced, will the silver plastic be replaced also? Some of my keys (o and w) are also getting worn down to nothing and the backlight is shining through. Any help/ information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sean.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 12:53 PM
    yea the silver strips everything would be included if you get a replacement keypad.. if you purchase it online some come with the trackpad others dont.. as some will say the only way of getting a original keypad is buying another 9900 that is non working for parts..
    09-20-12 01:00 PM
    If you're not picky you can order from eBay or China. If you want one the is OEM then you have to get it from spare parts.
    09-20-12 01:27 PM
    I've priced it from a store in town. They said that they will order it now and they can do it on monday. Hopefully this includes the silver strips �22 for the part and to fit it. I'm rubbish at those things as my hands and fingers are too big lol.

09-20-12 01:56 PM
    The silver strips should be a part of the keyboard. I've seen on the forums that some people have painted the plastic strips silver or black.
    09-20-12 02:02 PM
    Yeah I saw some photos of the silver bits completely black. Looks alright but I like my device the way it was made

09-20-12 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD