I have had my 9900 since mid december and I love it. However in the past week the keyboard has stopped working properly. Some of the buttons on the left side (I mainly notice this with "s" or "e") don't respond when I press them. Sometimes I have to press the key 5 or 6 times before it will finally respond. Not sure if this is a common occurrence with the 9900 or if I'm just unlucky. Any help however would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys!
    01-31-12 09:52 AM
    I also love my Bold 9900 haha but that's rough dude. I haven't seen that problem before...if it doesn't work and it's under warranty it may be worth looking in to...Do you have programs running that are using a lot of memory? It may just be a coincidence that those keys are sticking if you use E and S alot (common lEttErS in thE EngliSh languagE) because you have a program running that's causing your phone to lag. This isn't very likely though, the Bold usually doesn't lag, it usually freezes if anything haha.

I've heard Made in Mexico units can have build problems, mine is from Mexico (I'm with Telus) and I haven't had issues with the build being inferior. I haven't had issues with my keys sticking or not working.
    01-31-12 11:01 AM
    Saw this was your first post, when I first joined no one responded to my questions...I guess they thought I was stupid. So just so you know there are a lot of smart individuals on here, chances are if there's a solution someone will have it.
    01-31-12 11:03 AM
    Welcome Chaos, I would do a back up with DM and BB Protect, then return the phone, you will probably end up with a refurb, but the kb will work. The warranty is there for a reason, as long as the phone didn't get wet. Mine is a Mexico 4, the one people are so wary of, but have had zero problems.
    01-31-12 11:17 AM
    I've had my Bold since launch on Verizon and haven't had problems with the keyboard and I love knocking out texts and emails on this thing. Hopefully it's covered under warranty. Good luck to ya.
    01-31-12 11:27 AM
    Thanks, I probably will take it and see if I can get it replaced under warranty. What's weird is while I am typing this message the keyboard is workiing "normally". Seems odd to me lol.
    01-31-12 01:39 PM
    There were quality control issues at RIM. So, you should get it replaced rather than trying to fix it.
    01-31-12 02:24 PM
    Thanks, I probably will take it and see if I can get it replaced under warranty. What's weird is while I am typing this message the keyboard is workiing "normally". Seems odd to me lol.
    Nah, not odd at all. Your phone just feels the CrackBerry love!
    01-31-12 06:35 PM
    Hi Chaos,

The same thing is happening to me. The letters "I" "o" "s" and other random letters don't get typed and get missed. I hate it. People think I don't know how to spell or I'm drunk when I message them. I went back to the store and asked for a replacement. They said it's a software issue that is as he said "known to RIM" (he checked my software 7.0.0.585) and he said "yep it happens to my Bold 9900 as well too but it's not a hardware issue, it's a known issue with that specific software version does." Which sounded stupid to me. Yet he insisted they cannot replace the phone though under warranty (I just bought it less than 2 months ago). So I said are you kidding me i'm stuck with this? He said to wait for a newer version software or call Blackberry tech support (to which he said would tell me the same thing). I find this hard to believe.

It irks me because I'm the only one out of my friends who have the 9900 this is happening to so i'm sure it's a hardware issue not a software issue. Maybe if I downgrade the software? Or is my Rogers store (i tried different stores by the way) just real cheap corporate pricks who can't replace just one Blackberry out of the millions they sell.

Did you get yours fixed or did you just get it replaced?
    01-31-12 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD