Keyboard silver lining chipping off
so I noticed that my bold 9900's keyboard starts to lose its silver lining. I don't wanna risk buying some keyboard replacement online because I'm not sure if they're genuine or not regardless of the title. Any idea how I could just peel off the entire silver lining along the keyboard?
- 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM #2
You're better off just buying a replacement, peeling it all off will be next to impossible and will just end up looking like crap. Head on over to Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts | Novelty Items or TrueSupplier and get a replacement, even if it ain't OEM it'll look better than a peeling mess.
- 11-20-2012, 08:02 AM #3
Wow! Had the same problem last month, my Bold 9930's top silver bar, and also, my Q& W keys stopped working, so I took it into Sprint, and got a refurbished 9930. I wonder why the silver strips are flaking away? Any answers Bla1ze?
- 11-20-2012, 08:09 AM #4
theres a guy on this forum who stripped his silver frets down easily using a damp cloth, he posted pictures of it all stripped off and it looked dead niceBlackberry.. or The Artist formerly known as Research in Motion
It's ironic that those who bleet constantly about needing tools not toys seem to act the most childish
- 11-20-2012, 08:02 PM #6Check out our blog!: http://conservativecornergroup.blogspot.com/
- CrackBerry User
11-22-2012, 05:31 PM #9
- 43 Posts
I used a paper clip to take of the silver. It didnt come out as I expected with the paper clip it left tiny scratches along the frets. You guys probably cant see it on the picture but its not the smooth clean finish I was looking for. Ill try and upload some better pictures when I get some time. Lucky for me I got an extra keyboard laying around so I might try a different method for removing the silver frets and see if that works out better.
- By CuRvEyCuRvE8900 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 13Last Post: 06-19-2009, 10:50 AM
- By bbnebraskamom in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 05-07-2009, 05:12 AM
- By KezzerOne in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
- By KezzerOne in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 9Last Post: 02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
- By Clot in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 06-02-2008, 02:13 PM