Hey guys so some of us have been using are new bolds for some time. One think I've hated about the bold are when the paint rubs off on the dot on the D key. My bolds 2 new to tell but has anyone got that on the 990/9930 yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 10:36 AM
    Nothing like that yet, of course I think it would take a little linger than a month for that to happen. With the exception of getting the branding off the unit, I haven't experienced anything of that nature.
    08-30-11 10:40 AM
    Hey guys so some of us have been using are new bolds for some time. One think I've hated about the bold are when the paint rubs off on the dot on the D key. My bolds 2 new to tell but has anyone got that on the 990/9930 yet?

My new (3 days!) Bold 9930 didn't come with paint on the dot - it's got a nekkid dot!

So, I'm thinking the paint won't rub off, as the dot is molded into the key.
    08-30-11 11:21 AM
    I have another keyboard question... Does anyone know how to perform a caps-lock and alt-lock? Currently, I have to press shift each time I want to enter a capital letter and alt each time I want to enter the alternative symbol/number. I've tried holding the buttons down to no avail. Anyone???

08-30-11 11:34 AM
    The dot on my 9650 did that too. Honestly, I liked it. It made it easier to dail in the dark or low light conditions. That took awhile to happen anyways. Not likely to happen with my new 9930. I won't treat this phone like I did the last two. I have the otterbox commuter case on it now, the same case I've bought for my last two blackberrys. The front is exposed but it has a raised lip the provents the face from touching a flat surface. Hopefully it helps in keep the nub from lighting up.

08-30-11 11:36 AM
    I have another keyboard question... Does anyone know how to perform a caps-lock and alt-lock? Currently, I have to press shift each time I want to enter a capital letter and alt each time I want to enter the alternative symbol/number. I've tried holding the buttons down to no avail. Anyone???

Turn on CAP lock: Press the Alt key and the Right Shift key. To turn off CAP lock, press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key.
    Turn on NUM lock: Press the Alt key and the Left Shift key. To turn off NUM lock, press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key.
    08-30-11 11:46 AM
    GREAT INFO! I give you 100 points (proof that it works) thank you

08-30-11 11:48 AM
    Turn on CAP lock: Press the Alt key and the Right Shift key. To turn off CAP lock, press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key.
    Turn on NUM lock: Press the Alt key and the Left Shift key. To turn off NUM lock, press the Left Shift key or Right Shift key.
    You can press Alt THEN Right Shift to get CAP lock. Same with Alt THEN Left Shift key for NUM lock.

The reason I point this out is that saying (Alt AND Left Shift) to me indicated I had to hold the Alt down while pressing the Left Shift key.
    Maybe it's just me not having used a keyboard BB in a long time ( I came from Storms 1&2), but the Alt THEN Shift is easier to do.
    08-30-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD