Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Keyboard not working properly

So I had this Bold, and the keyboard got stuck. I haven't used it before for like 2 months cause I got the Z10. I took it to the operator and have it repaired. They gave me a brand new one, it was working properly for like a year, (im using it as a secondary phone) and now the same problem happens.

Sometimes I have to press the key again, cause for the first press it's not typing anything. Track pad and the surrounding keys work ok. Happens randomly. It's hard to write a longer word without a stuck key.

Same problem twice on different devices?

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    40,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me!

So you've had it a year now? Any falls? Sometime some keys do get hard to press after a lot of use. But yeah strange that it's twice now.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

No falls, it was mostly in the docking station, and I used it as a secondary phone. It looks like a brand new out of box. And not some keys get stuck. All of them. Sometimes A stucks, so I have to double press, but than it works great for a bit. Than some other key. It's random.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

I am no expert, but from the symptom you are describing, and based on my similar experience in the past, it is very likely a problem of a ribbon connector that ties the keyboard to the CPU. If you are handy, you can open it up and disconnect and reconnect the ribbon. Water damage may be the another possible issue but it comes back to the ribbon. But the best bet is to replace it. Repair guys usually charge $45 or so around here (Canada) to replace the whole keyboard and the ribbon.