I just got up to run to the bathroom and saw that my led was red so thought it was a notification but its bricked or it appears to look how the people whos bolds bricked looks. Any help on how I can recover my phone and it would really help soon because I was suppose to go and get my fiancee's bold with her today but if she sees my bold is bricked she will try and talk me into getting a god damn iPhone. Not with that so if you guys/girls could help me out so I can get this fixed.

Now I don't know if I should get her a bold becasue she wants one but I dont want to have her phone brick on her to later. So some advice to on what to do would help if I should get her a bold or keep her iphone especially since my bold just bricked itself god why RIM??

I love my bold I personally would never go to iphone or android and would rather deal with exchanging it if it bricks again then switching but my fiancee was really liking my bold and I dont know if she will want it if this is a perstiant problem.
    Last edited by mjordan5; 12-04-11 at 04:13 AM.
    12-04-11 04:07 AM
    Same thing happened to me over a week ago! Nothing seems to get my 9900 back on the scene...
    It cost me a fortune (was one of the early adopters and got it for the same price as my monthly mortgage) and now its just sitting there, blinking that genie red light over and over.
    12-04-11 04:35 AM
    take it back to your carrier. they should replace it for free. buddy of mine had his 9930 go into an infinite loop. he took it to verizon and they ordered him one for free. and this was well past 30 day mark for returns or exchanges.
    12-04-11 04:38 AM
    Agreed with the above poster.

Mine nuked itself twice, the second time on day 32. I went to the Verizon store and I had a replacement the next day. It was a refurb and so far it is running perfectly. Granted, it has been just over a week, but my first 9930 had random reboots at just a week.

There is obviously a glitch in the design of these phones. Whether it's hardware or software I'm not qualified to say and no one on these forums is either. All we know are anecdotal details. And I should also note that not every single 99xx has this problem. There are obviously people out there and also here who are running theirs with not one single nuking or bricking problem. Because of this last point, I went ahead and got my mother a 9900....just crossed my fingers and got it, because it truly is an amazing keyboard and she loves BBerries. Not trying to sway you into a decision, just letting you know my experience with the 9930 and what I decided for my mother.
    12-04-11 05:00 AM
    Well I have a warranty with mine I just didn't know I I should just take it back to sprint or try to fix it.
    12-04-11 05:02 AM
    buy/get other bold series or the 98xx series. with that price nobody deserve the pain and headache and misery having their phone suddenly quit on them, wasting lots of time exchanging the phones or always crossed fingers and living in worry everytime new unit arrived.
    12-04-11 06:04 AM
    Just wondering if you tried doing a battery pull and connecting it to the PC?

So far, I think your 9930 is the 1st one bricked on Sprint that I've seen. Were you running the stock Sprint 7.0.0.241 software?

Yesterday, I had one of those standardized test deals and pulled my battery out for a few hours. When I reinserted it, it took longer than usual to start. When it finally came on, the touch screen didn't work and it stuck on 1X. Another battery pull fixed things, but I thought it was weird. Makes me think that BB OS7 has some serious bugs.
    12-04-11 03:12 PM
    Yea tried that but got back from the sprint store with a bold so I'm glad I got the warranty on mine
    12-04-11 03:58 PM
    if anyone has a black berry that blinks red twice... what you should do is take the battery out and plug it into the computer.. im not sure if this works for every computer being as i have a mac book... so anyways connect it to the computer with out a battery it should pop up... if not keep tryin with the battery in and out... when it recognizes it it should give you two options to retry or repair.. pick repair and it gives u the option of which update you want on your phone... i worked at this for 3 hours because i was updating my phone via computer when my 6 month old got a hold of the phone and pulled the pulg out which made my phone cut of and start blinking red twice then pause for maybe 3 seconds then blink twice again.... hope i was of sum assistance
    01-09-12 02:19 AM
    go to your wireless carrier and ask for replacement.
    and when you get replacement...
    test for all the conditions of bricking...
    that's what i did. and my 9900 passed all the tests...
    and now sign of bricking (till now atleast).
    go and talk to carrier store and be bit firm and little angry...
    but keep patient and act according with kind of help you receive form carrier reps.
    99% you will get new device..
    01-09-12 02:32 AM
    Had that problem with the .261 build ATT put on my phone.

I got it working by removing the SIM card and Memory card and then using BBSAK to Wipe and do a Factory Reset on the device. I was then able to load a newer OS with the 2 cards out of the phone.

After the OS loaded I then removed the battery and put the SIM and Memory Card back into the Phone.

Don't forget to remove the battery before trying to remove the Memory card.

I would also install the latest 7.1 build. I have 7.1.0.190 just now and it works great. I'm not sure what the latest and greatest for the 9930 is.

I hope you get it working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-12 02:55 AM
    Dude. Just get the iPhone. This bricking issue has occurred to me few times and to many others. If you want certainty, get the iPhone (which is what I think you or your gf is looking for). The OS 7 on 9900 is not as stable as iOS (YET!)... Our day will come lol.
    01-09-12 03:43 AM
    GET the iPhone. All 4 of our 9900 units are bricked now. Two were from AT&T and the other two were International. All gone now.
    01-09-12 05:30 AM
    Ugh! 99xx's still bricking everyday!? I'm up to upgrade and I can get an iPhone 4 for $40.

I've been waiting for RIM to announce and release a fix for this issue. No word from them.
    01-09-12 06:03 AM
    Ugh! 99xx's still bricking everyday!? I'm up to upgrade and I can get an iPhone 4 for $40.

I've been waiting for RIM to announce and release a fix for this issue. No word from them.
    It seems that the bricking is far more prevalent on the CDMA versions of the 9900. I am on AT&T running OS version .576 so far with no issues and no bricking for two months now. It appears that some bricking occurred during the night while charging with the device on. I have done this once only with no ill effects. Normally, I charge with the device off. I am also on BES which I don't think would affect the bricking.
    01-09-12 06:24 AM
    It seems that the bricking is far more prevalent on the CDMA versions of the 9900. I am on AT&T running OS version .576 so far with no issues and no bricking for two months now. It appears that some bricking occurred during the night while charging with the device on. I have done this once only with no ill effects. Normally, I charge with the device off. I am also on BES which I don't think would affect the bricking.
    I'm not so sure that's true. A look at these threads from a few months ago and it's almost all 9900 GSM bricking.

It just seems that all the 99xx are having their turns bricking.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ds-668265-new/

But I don't know. Maybe AT&T has updated batteries, software or hardware that's avoiding the bricks. I hope. There's plenty of threads on here of users that have said the same as you, and then go on to say they have had a brick/nuke after a month or two.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-09-12 at 06:39 AM.
    01-09-12 06:31 AM
    Yeah, it was the 9900's that were having the bricking issues. I haven't had any issues with my 9930, and I'm still on .374......knock on wood.
    01-09-12 07:07 AM
    Yeah, it was the 9900's that were having the bricking issues. I haven't had any issues with my 9930, and I'm still on .374......knock on wood.
    Your day will come!
    01-09-12 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD