I've been a BlackBerry fan for years, and tried switching to iphone about 3 years ago when it first came out, but went back to BB...this last year i was sick of having such limited apps & crappy browsing on my Torch, and i decided, thats it, i'm getting a factory unlocked iphone 4...

So i goto Apple store, buy the factory unlocked iphone, it sucked on tmobile cuz no 3G so i goto AT&T switch my # to them and sign up for a 2 year contract (wish i never did)

Then i go back to Tmobile to restore my account the same day and they give me a new number (because i ported my # to AT&T account auto cancel) i dont mind having 2 lines total, need it for work anyways...but i found myself hating using text and responding to Emails on my iphone (it had my main phone # now) i was using my Torch for BBM and not using it much...

FFW a month later, and finish, i am DONE WITH THE iphone, its GREAT AT EVERYTHING except being a phone...The BlackBerry is a superior COMMUNICATION device...now i got a new 9900 and i love IT, just started using it, i want to PORT MY MAIN # back again to Tmobile, actually just did, lol...and have the iphone as my secondary phone...

The 9900 is AMAZING, but ofcourse the apps are weak so far, can't get BBC, Aljazeera streaming, pandora, but i'm sure that will be fixed soon!

Good Job RIM!
    09-06-11 03:08 AM
    Great news!!! Glad you came back from the darkside.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 04:34 AM
    Great news!!! Glad you came back from the darkside.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oh i wasn't fully Dark Side, i just ended up having to use 2 phones for a month
    09-06-11 04:36 AM
    I fully agree. I owned the iphone for about a month when it got stolen. It IS superior in many aspects, the OP is totally right. But customizing sounds and vibrations is not possible. No profiles. No unified messaging. Messaging apps that don't work when offline (eg in a tunnel). Etc, etc .. I do miss many of the features of the iphone on my 9900 .. But I still got my ipad. And my phone just has to excel in certain areas where Blackberry does and iphone does not.
    09-06-11 05:01 AM
    i fully agree. I owned the iphone for about a month when it got stolen. It is superior in many aspects, the op is totally right. But customizing sounds and vibrations is not possible. No profiles. No unified messaging. Messaging apps that don't work when offline (eg in a tunnel). Etc, etc .. I do miss many of the features of the iphone on my 9900 .. But i still got my ipad. And my phone just has to excel in certain areas where blackberry does and iphone does not.
    well said, i agree
    09-06-11 04:00 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry fan for years, and tried switching to iphone about 3 years ago when it first came out, but went back to BB...this last year i was sick of having such limited apps & crappy browsing on my Torch, and i decided, thats it, i'm getting a factory unlocked iphone 4...

So i goto Apple store, buy the factory unlocked iphone, it sucked on tmobile cuz no 3G so i goto AT&T switch my # to them and sign up for a 2 year contract (wish i never did)

Then i go back to Tmobile to restore my account the same day and they give me a new number (because i ported my # to AT&T account auto cancel) i dont mind having 2 lines total, need it for work anyways...but i found myself hating using text and responding to Emails on my iphone (it had my main phone # now) i was using my Torch for BBM and not using it much...

FFW a month later, and finish, i am DONE WITH THE iphone, its GREAT AT EVERYTHING except being a phone...The BlackBerry is a superior COMMUNICATION device...now i got a new 9900 and i love IT, just started using it, i want to PORT MY MAIN # back again to Tmobile, actually just did, lol...and have the iphone as my secondary phone...

The 9900 is AMAZING, but ofcourse the apps are weak so far, can't get BBC, Aljazeera streaming, pandora, but i'm sure that will be fixed soon!

Good Job RIM!
    WOAH! Let me get this straight! You signed a contract for 2 years when you already had an unlocked phone that you were going to be using on the AT&T network? I would never EVER sign a contract with a company unless THEY THEMSELVES were giving me a phone... especially in Canada where I live, our 3 year pricing is your 2 year pricing, trying to get a phone on a 2 year here is WAY too expensive. I would hate to sign a 3 year contract without getting anything out of the deal. If feel really sorry for you..... I would weep if it were me!
    09-06-11 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD