Hello Crackberry this is my first post. Just took the plunge and picked up a 9900 this evening. Smooth as silk. Looking forward to a full weekend of tinkering with it and upgrading to 7.1 :-)

I have a 64gb Playbook, ipad2, and an original 7" Galaxy Tab android tablet. The Blackberry 9900 really got me with the awesome physical keyboard, smooth OS 7, and no nonsense ability to communicate and get stuff done. But what finalized my decision was the wifi hotspot on OS 7.1, because now I can share my internet connection with my tablets when I am out and about.

I was debating whether I should just wait for the QNX phones to come out. I figured might as well enjoy the last great pre-QNX Blackberry for the next year+ while they launch and work out the kinks in the QNX phones.

As a proud Canadian I am happy to be a Blackberry fan and support a Canadian tech firm!

Long live Blackberry!

Denim
    robkd likes this.
    02-10-12 06:12 PM
    welcome to the CB forums,

haha many tablets you got there, which one do you prefer the most *try to be honest haha*
    and yeah you are quite good now, geared with the 9900 you are now blazing fast with the things you do.

enjoy.
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    02-10-12 06:19 PM
    welcome to the CB forums,

haha many tablets you got there, which one do you prefer the most *try to be honest haha*
    and yeah you are quite good now, geared with the 9900 you are now blazing fast with the things you do.

enjoy.
    Thanks for the reply.

Each tablet has different strengths and weaknesses.

The Playbook has great hardware, nice screen/speakers and the QNX OS is a refreshing change. The lack of apps is obviously its greatest weakness. I really hope the Playbook OS 2 android integration solves that problem. I use the Playbook to watch movies, reply to email/BBM and do casual web browsing while I am programming at my desk.

I hooked up a bluetooth keyboard & mouse to my Playbook so its like having a seperate laptop at my disposable. I think Blackberry is on to something with their playbook/phone integration and I hope one day to be able to use a Playbook as a speakerphone, initiate & answer calls on it and basically access everything that I can on my phone.

The Galaxy Tab android tablet gets the most use because of the ample amount of apps and the 7 inch size makes it alot more portable than the ipad2. I love the ability to customize the layout to my liking, including the use of widgets.

The Ipad2 I use mostly for couch-surfing and to enjoy some apps that look great on the large screen and are only available on iOS.
    02-10-12 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD