Have read some faults about this phone bricking on older OS7's, is this true?

If so which is the most reliable os that I can install on my phone?

It is vodafone uk branded but is now unlocked, if that helps.

Thanks!
    03-07-12 01:40 PM
    You can read this thread I made long time ago. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utions-648306/

Some of the items there has been addressed by RIM already, but some issues still pop out here and there.
    03-07-12 01:50 PM
    You can read this thread I made long time ago. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utions-648306/

Some of the items there has been addressed by RIM already, but some issues still pop out here and there.
    Can't find anything regarding the bricking??
    03-07-12 01:56 PM
    Update your OS...

No bricking threads have been around lately... a specific reason for the bricking has not been addressed.

Just sit back and enjoy your new device.
    03-07-12 02:09 PM
    Have read some faults about this phone bricking on older OS7's, is this true?

If so which is the most reliable os that I can install on my phone?

It is vodafone uk branded but is now unlocked, if that helps.

Thanks!
    Your phone has the potential to brick on any OS7 or 7.1 variant. There is currently no fix and no mention of one in the works. My advice is don't let your battery drain to the point at which the battery symbol turns red, as that's related to what's causing these phones to brick in most cases. Aside from that, you should be fine.
    Last edited by S.R.K.; 03-07-12 at 02:27 PM.
    03-07-12 02:21 PM
    Can't find anything regarding the bricking??
    If you update to the newest OS 7.1 leak of official, I can almost guarantee that you will not get your phone bricked. I always charge overnight and I never have bricked my phone since I got this last year.
    03-07-12 07:13 PM
    So far there has been no official cause of the bricking issues......and doubt there ever will be. That being said, I think anyone can find themselves with a bricked device given the right circumstances.
    03-07-12 07:26 PM
    Which is the best os to install, on which there have been the least number of phones being bricked? Anyone got a link to the os download?
    03-08-12 03:39 AM
    Which is the best os to install, on which there have been the least number of phones being bricked? Anyone got a link to the os download?

I think that the bricking is more hardware related than software.
    Anyway the latest (.267) leak have very positive feedbacks from crackberry members (including me).
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by estro22; 03-08-12 at 03:59 AM.
    03-08-12 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD