Hi crackberry forums!

So i just purchased my first BB which is the BB 9900, so far the phone is great, but my only major issue is the the weak wifi range. Because as soon as i got home from the store, i noticed that i cant go around 10 feet away from my router without losing the entire signal. I already tried restarting the modem, the phone and checked the router settings, all my computers and other wireless devices can connect fine.

I was just wondering could this just be a faulty unit or can this be fixed by upgrading the OS version because im still running the out of the box version

any help woul be highly appreciated!

Thank you!
    10-17-11 10:37 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! you'll love it here. My best advice here is to do a forum search, the box is right above your user name. There have been a few complaints of weak wifi on the 9900/9930.
    10-17-11 12:10 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! you'll love it here. My best advice here is to do a forum search, the box is right above your user name. There have been a few complaints of weak wifi on the 9900/9930.

Is that a hardware or software issue in your opinion?
    10-17-11 12:52 PM
    I just bought my wife a 9930 today from Verizon and she is absolutely in love with it. It is an amazingly thin device and the metal sides look a lot like my iPhone. It seems like a good device. She says it is much faster than her 9650. I'm glad she is happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 09:17 PM
    My wifi is pretty strong on my 9900. Try setting your router to G only or N only, see if that helps. If your router supports N @ 5Ghz I would suggest forcing it to that.
    10-18-11 10:22 PM
    It COULD be wifi interference.
    you might try changing the channel on your router to something less common, like..9

A
    10-18-11 10:33 PM
    it was a defective unit, got it replaced the next day, so yah, thanks for suggestion though!
    10-19-11 06:52 AM
    when you say unit, what do you mean? phone or router?
    10-19-11 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD