As I was calling my girlfriend in my pitch black room, I noticed that the red notification light was flickering a bit. Now it wasn't fully lit as it would usually be for an email or something but very faint flickering that you would notice in a room with no light. What I also noticed was when I switched the voice to speaker phone, it stopped flickering.

So I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and is it normal.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 12:05 AM
    It's normal. The red light you're seeing is actually the proximity sensor next to the LED. You can see it barely there in bright light. It's there to make sure the screen shuts off when your face is next to it, so you don't accidentally turn on speaker phone with your cheek and blast your ear off.

Of course, it turns off during speaker phone, since you wouldn't have your head right next to it anyways.
    08-18-11 12:11 AM
    Oh so that explains it. Thanks for the quick response!

08-18-11 12:14 AM
    It's a mini microwave and it's melting your brain. As Masahiro said...just the proximity sensor.
    Sharma15 and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-18-11 12:15 AM
    +1 lmao

08-18-11 12:17 AM
    Don't mean to bump old threads, but I found this using search instead of making a new one.

I too noticed this but it is doing it all the time, not just during calls. I'm assuming by this thread that it is just normal and will always do this but want to verify.

Thanks,
    -mchruss03
    08-25-11 05:16 PM
    Not sure it is normal; after battery pull it's off, then after first call it comes on and Never turns off?
    That seems odd no?

Why would it be on when u r not on a call?
    08-30-11 03:04 PM
    Hahah, funny. I just noticed this today as well.
    08-30-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD