As a regular observer of the 9900/9930 threads I seem to have noticed that there appear to be fewer and fewer bricking issues being reported over the last few days.

Is it the general feeling that we have now seen the last of this issue with the 9900 other than a few isolated incidents now that most users are running either late 7.0 or recent 7.1 builds ?

If this is the case then it would appear that it was caused by a software issue that RIM has now sorted rather than a hardware issue as touted by some.

Have at it guys !!!
    01-27-12 11:29 AM
    You can still have a hardware issue that the new software "avoids" the defect.

There are not as many new 9900 units being sold as there were months ago.

Regardless most of the people I knew who used RIM are not any more and the damage has been done!
    01-27-12 11:44 AM
    well i have the problem of charging over night....

when i first got the phone i didn't know you have to plug in the desktop manager to update the OS

so i charge it overnight and it overheat and stop charging...
    but after the update, it fixed it
    01-27-12 11:45 AM
    For what it's worth, RIM did say that they would address the problem via software update...
    News Headlines
    01-27-12 11:48 AM
    For what it's worth, RIM did say that they would address the problem via software update...
    News Headlines
    Yeah, I was aware of the stated intention, was just curious to see if the folks out there actually believe that they have now done so !!!
    01-27-12 11:57 AM
    Yeah, I was aware of the stated intention, was just curious to see if the folks out there actually believe that they have now done so !!!
    Based on the rampant paranoia I've seen around here, I really hope that they have!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-27-12 12:05 PM
    As a regular observer of the 9900/9930 threads I seem to have noticed that there appear to be fewer and fewer bricking issues being reported over the last few days.

Is it the general feeling that we have now seen the last of this issue with the 9900 other than a few isolated incidents now that most users are running either late 7.0 or recent 7.1 builds ?

If this is the case then it would appear that it was caused by a software issue that RIM has now sorted rather than a hardware issue as touted by some.

Have at it guys !!!
    I agree, I have seen almost no threads regarding newer issues with bricking.
    01-27-12 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD