OS 7.1 or the latest OS 7 seems to have solved it. It could have been a bad batch of devices, or trolls saying there device was bricked when in reality they didn't own one at all, or don't have any phone. Or it could be any issue labeled as bricking. Many factors in it.

I wouldn't be worried, mine is excellent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:16 PM
    Oh yeah, definitely. As soon as I knew they were returning to the sexy Bold 9000 form factor, I knew I had to get one.

I remember leaving my ol' BlackBerry 8800 for the iPhone, and deferring e-mails and texts quite often since I never quite liked the on-screen keyboard. That was never the case with the BB.
    02-06-12 12:26 AM
    This is my 7th BlackBerry, and definitely my favorite. I fall deeper in love with it every day that passes! Does RIM still have a lot of room to improve the BlackBerry brand? Absolutely! But do they impress me with every new operating platform they put out? Yup! BlackBerry's have always been known for a sub-par browsing experience, but they've come along way. The native browser in OS 6 was twice as good as the one in OS 5, and the browser in OS 7 is twice as good as OS 6. Keep it up RIM!
    02-06-12 12:47 AM
    The 99xx is also my favorite. I hope they end up making a BB10 in this form factor......
    02-06-12 01:53 AM
    I loved my 9900 from the day I first layed my hand on it. It just has such a good feel to it. Even my boss who is an iphish held it once and immediately said "wow, this feels solid." There were a few OS quirks with the factory OS but an update to 7.0.0.585 and then 7.1.0.205 leak has cured everything. Battery life is incredible. My 9900 is like my little glass and metal best friend who likes to hang out in my pocket.
    02-06-12 03:50 AM
    I feel the same way. Been away for a while and so glad to be back.

The first time they held/played with the 9900 in store? I was in the AT&T store about a month or two ago when I decided I would finally get an iPhone(rocking the 3GS right now)and man while I was in the store getting everything set up I saw the Bold and immediately went over to play with it....my last BB was the Bold 9700 that I had on T-Mobile a few years back and I originally wanted the Bold 9000 when it first dropped

I played with the Torch 9810 and the Curve 9360 but something about the Bold stuck with me after I left the store that day.....i've been reading the forums and watching tons of reviews on it and i'm completely convinced that I need the Bold in my life!

The keyboard hooked me immediately, and then when I used the browser and saw how fast it was compared to the older BBs I was pretty impressed to say the least

With that said, it's inevitable and i'm coming back to BB asap!
    02-06-12 04:56 PM
    I am a new BB9900 user. first time ever on Blackberry. i Left my HTC EVO for BB. I love the bold i really missed a keyboard . I just love this phone all around, fits my needs perfectly, it lighter than EVO and the battery life is hella better than EVO. i just need a phone to text,tweet,email, call and it does just that. I also feel in love with BBM which i need friends on! haha
    02-07-12 12:19 AM
    I was thinking about starting a thread like this

I love my PlayBook . . . but . . . but . . . I think that I'm starting to love my 9900 even more! I have to hold it, to look at it, to use it. I have begun to use it over my PlayBook without a guilty conscience All those that I show it to are equally amazed and love the keypad as well as the beautiful screen.

I was impatient (before I had even physically seen a 9900) and so upgraded from my 9800 to the 9810 the day it was released on at&t. That was also an amazing BB. But then I came across the 9900 and from that moment decided to get one. Bought one outright and sold my 9810 and have been in BlackBerry heaven ever since.

On the lighter side, the keypad is so amazing that I am able to write rather long and detailed emails with ease and speed. So, to those friends who have gone from a BB to an iPhone, at the end of my email I add: "I just typed this entire email in # of minutes. I bet you could not do that with your iPhone!"

I am presently in Rome and I have been in and out of 3G/4G and it works great. Infact, it is my best international experience with my BlackBerries thus far (from the 8800 as per my signature).
    Last edited by cielodome; 02-07-12 at 02:01 AM. Reason: typos
    02-07-12 01:59 AM
    Your impression falls right in line with alot of people actually. That is pretty much a shorter version of the techobuffalo review.
    02-07-12 07:49 AM
    I think it is f*****g marvellous!
    02-07-12 08:24 AM
    Just watched the TechnoBuffalo review of the 9900 for the umpteenth time LOL
    02-07-12 12:37 PM
    I was | | this close to giving up on BB. I had a release Tour and have been sooooo sour over the bamboozle they pulled with the Tour line. The last couple weeks, after NO changes whatsoever, my phone started randomly rebooting. And heres the kicker, if that happened, and I wasnt anywhere near a charger to plug it in, it would just keep rebooting, get to BB load screen, reboot rinse repeat, until i plugged it in or pulled the battery. 10-15 times a day. Persistent through 2 OS reloads as well, OS5 at that. Which brings me to my next point...

Was so ready to throw the towel in. I knew, and still have a sinking feeling this bold will be just like my Tour. Touted as the next best thing, but then completely forgotten about once the new and shiny OS rolls out. I've been seething over the complete lack of support RIM gave the Tour just months after it was released. OS5 was horrible. Seeing all my other BB friends first have OS6, then OS7 rolls out, and i was stuck on subpar hardware, no wifi, the last trackball, crappy OS and rampant issues.

I just couldnt wait for the BB10's to come out and had to get something soon. Went into VZW and although they had no BB's on display ("Yeh, we got some, but theyre in the back if anyone wants to see them"), I immediately fell in love as soon as he put it in my hands (minus a battery cover, as he said they broke it trying to free it from the security things they put on the back). The feel of it is crazy. Thin but heavy enough to give it that professional feel. As he tried luring me to android, which I honestly have no interest in, I just ignored him and browsed the phone and was grinning from ear to ear. I ended up telling HIM more features of it then he knew about. Knew right then, id give RIM another shot.

Best part of the whole situation was as I'm upgrading and paying, he goes

"Well, since you've had the unlimited data plan now for a few years (about 6 years now with around 15 years total i think, might be a bit more. was actually before verizon was verizon. was airtouch i believe?), that will again grandfather over to your new plan". ZING!
    02-07-12 09:39 PM
    I've been using an Android phone for the last couple of weeks. I can say that I am certain the Blackberry is a better communication device than the Android is. The Android phone is cool and has lots of capabilities, but the Blackberry 9930 is my goto device for communication.

-Pete

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 05:23 PM
    Sickest bb yet! I definitely am proud when I'm out with my friends and they're all on there iphones and I whip out my 9900.
    02-08-12 06:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD