I just received my Bold 9900 today! and I'm so happy! I used to use nokia for years (my last e72 and e6) then I've stuck with iPhone 4 and it was nightmare (1.5 year), I can't imagine how people are glorifying this phone? for example there is no customization at all!!!
    First impression is WOW such a nice phone, perfect keyboard really nice piece of hardware! Now i have to find 'must have' apps for it such as whatsapp, skype and twitter- any other advices?
    I'm so happy today! and same for you guys have a wonderful day

cheers
    Jarek
    05-01-13 07:50 AM
    Congrats. Hope you like itnas much or more than your other phones.
    05-01-13 07:53 AM
    My previous phone was a 9900! Super device. I suggest the CB app and advance OS ans LED.

Posted via CB10
    motiontwisterae likes this.
    05-01-13 08:04 AM
    Congratulations; next up the Q10
    05-01-13 08:07 AM
    I just received my Bold 9900 today! and I'm so happy! I used to use nokia for years (my last e72 and e6) then I've stuck with iPhone 4 and it was nightmare (1.5 year), I can't imagine how people are glorifying this phone? for example there is no customization at all!!!
    First impression is WOW such a nice phone, perfect keyboard really nice piece of hardware! Now i have to find 'must have' apps for it such as whatsapp, skype and twitter- any other advices?

cheers
    Jarek

Congratulations.

Just one piece of advice - take it or leave it - don't go running installing the leaked OS version. To be honest, it does nothing to the battery life. If you have 3G enabled, nothing can save it. Rest enjoy!
    05-01-13 09:12 AM

cheers
    Jarek
    Congrats I remember when I got my first 9900, so I know the feeling. You can get Twitter & WhatsApp from Blackberry World.
    Twitter is free, WhatsApp is free the first year and then .99 cents a year after.
    We don't have skype on this model.
    05-01-13 11:53 AM
    I am running stock OS, whatever is latest provided by my provider, I do not have terrible battery life, of course if you use it constantly, or listen to music it will kill it faster, but otherwise like above poster said, don't go running installing leaked OS's.

Yes, get the CB app by all means (it can be frustrating some times but otherwise it is a good way to access the boards), too bad "favorite apps" thread got buried in, even though we still have new 9900 owners, even the "games" thread I started got only 1 reply.. anyway, enjoy the phone, and by the way, see if you can grab the leather pouch, it was on sale online and it is the best accessory you can get for you 9900..
    Welcome to the club and enjoy your beautiful new blackberry.
    05-01-13 12:03 PM
    Never found a "stock" OS that runs as well as a BL Hybrid !!!

Advance OS and LED is a MUST HAVE App
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    05-01-13 12:11 PM
    Congrats! I just upgraded to a Z10 but loved my Bold while I had it. It was the best of both worlds with the physical keyboard and track pad but it also has a touch screen. Just like most phones every couple of months it acts a little off. Like one program that normaly runs smoothly is running a little slow, or notifications from Facebook are acting funny. Every issue I ever had was solved by a battery pull. More than I can say for the Droid I had before my Bold.

As for battery life--I had the OS my carrier (Verizon) provided and I never had problems. I just made sure my wifi and blue tooth was turned off. It always made it through a full day, even with text, e-mail checking all day and over 2 or 3 hours of call time.

Enjoy it! I know I did.
    05-01-13 12:25 PM
    Congrats! My Bold 9930 is the best phone I have ever used! Maybe not the best in specs, but the keyboard is the best hands down and it just does what I need done very well! Look at it for what it can do, not what it can't. Other devices may have more apps or cooler features, but the Bold is a great communication device. The typing experience is awesome. Where some people dread replying to a long message, I enjoy it with my physical keyboard. The keyboard is one main reason I use a BlackBerry.

There are a lot of great apps. I use BeBuzz for LED notifications. So you can see exactly what notification you got without even opening up the phone. CrackBerry is a must have app. Stay connected to the CrackBerry nation! So enjoy!
    05-01-13 08:46 PM
    You also should install the latest and greatest OS because it does make a difference! You can find them in this 9900/9930Forum in the sticky at the top. Let us know if you need help installing an OS.
    05-01-13 08:48 PM
    You wont find SKYPE unless you have VERIZON.

As far as battery life, 2G or EDGE will give you the best battery life. On 4G it drains quicker.
    05-01-13 10:10 PM
    I miss my 9700 and I really should have waited to get the 9900.

Now I"m waiting for the Q10 to hit the States then I am back!
    05-01-13 10:12 PM
    Congrats!

Post via CB Z10
    05-02-13 12:06 AM
    Day two with my baby ;-)

thanks all for your replies and suggestions. So I have to say so far so good ;-) charged fully once (Yesterday: Wednesday at 2pm) and Today (Thursday 9am) still 46% battery!!!! and i have to mention Yesterday from 6pm to 11pm I used it very intensively (lots of text messages, email, browsing phone generally, changing configuration, installing apps, around 2 hours of call time, etc) I would say better than iPhone! I had to charge it every evening and during the day in the office.

There was only once concern from my side as you probably now ;-) battery- but I'm 100% happy with it, of course switching wifi when necessary (like Yesterday - installing apps, in general when I'm at home) bluetooth switched off as I don't need it.

In Summary this is the best phone when talking about communication with others,
    Typing? Keyboard? ha ha this is the BEST PART, smooth and awesome just no words to describe it! sweet lord thanks for it!

I'm missing only one app which is not available (mobile bank app) but this is not big deal;-) I can always use tablet /pc, other apps like whatsapp, linkedin, facebook, twitter etc are available .

Absolutely no problems at all from technical point of view, as some of people are experiencing issues like flashing buttons, lags, problems with synchro or other problems.

Thanks again for all your inputs, really appreciate your help

cheers
    Jarek
    Last edited by motiontwisterae; 05-02-13 at 03:57 AM. Reason: update
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-02-13 02:55 AM
    Congrats! I got my 9900 three months ago and really love it! battery life is a little bit short but it doesn't matter cause Im not a heavy user!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-02-13 05:20 AM
    05-02-13 05:26 AM
    Congrats that phone won't let you down. It is an amazing phone.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-02-13 05:45 AM
    Congrats OP.
    05-02-13 05:47 AM
    stevebos27

ha ha I love your signature ;-)
    05-02-13 06:02 AM
    can I use it for my bank? it;s AIB BANK (Ireland) aib.ie
    05-02-13 06:05 AM
    ok this app won't work with my bank ;-) I was talking about app to check my balance (on my bank account) send money directly from my account, pay bills, this kind of stuff.
    This one it's to generally keep your records etc...
    but thanks anyway ;-)
    05-02-13 07:25 AM
    Congrats!!

I really really want one of these!! I'm holding out for a refurb one, as they are more in my budget at the moment. So nice to hear you're enjoying the phone!! The only things I'm worried about are battery life and how loud it is during calls, as I need it loud as i'm hearing impaired. Also, does it take a normal SIM?

Thank you muchly if you answer my questions, much appreicated. I'm torn between 9990 and 9320, but think the 9990 will win if I can get a refurb one xx
    05-02-13 10:06 AM
    Congrats!!

I really really want one of these!! I'm holding out for a refurb one, as they are more in my budget at the moment. So nice to hear you're enjoying the phone!! The only things I'm worried about are battery life and how loud it is during calls, as I need it loud as i'm hearing impaired. Also, does it take a normal SIM?

Thank you muchly if you answer my questions, much appreicated. I'm torn between 9990 and 9320, but think the 9990 will win if I can get a refurb one xx
    Battery Life with the 9900 is fine with the latest OS's and genuine spare batteries are dirt cheap on Amazon and so small that you can easily carry one with you for peace of mind.

Call volume is fine on normal or speaker so you should be OK there and there is a Hearing Aid Mode that can be activated that may be useful to you.

Go for the 9900, you won't regret it, super keyboard, great looks and it just feels right in your hand.
    05-02-13 10:30 AM
    Battery Life with the 9900 is fine with the latest OS's and genuine spare batteries are dirt cheap on Amazon and so small that you can easily carry one with you for peace of mind.

Call volume is fine on normal or speaker so you should be OK there and there is a Hearing Aid Mode that can be activated that may be useful to you.

Go for the 9900, you won't regret it, super keyboard, great looks and it just feels right in your hand.
    Thank you!!
    I so want one of these, keep toying with idea of 9320. but my heart really lies with the 9990 I think. Am just keep looking out for a decent refurb one, exciting!! Also this will be my first BB!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-02-13 11:18 AM
61 123