I love this phone. So much better for making calls and better productivity.
    03-17-12 04:58 PM
    Also, people complaing about battery life. I get much more battery life out of the 9900 tham I did the 4s
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    03-17-12 05:00 PM
    I agree, I've had my 9930 for almost a month. It's a wonderful device, so fast and smooth. Love the keyboard/touchscreen combination. Battery life is ok too.
    03-17-12 07:12 PM
    Welcome to the team. The Bold 9900/9930 is a solid communication device. I call it a "grown up" phone.
    03-17-12 10:13 PM
    I'm loving this phone as well since switching from Android, but the comparisons have to stop because there's no way in this or any BB is better than iOS or Android. Just love this phone for what it is. It makes it easier to deal with when you start missing the other platforms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    SMocek likes this.
    03-17-12 10:42 PM
    I love this phone. So much better for making calls and better productivity.
    I would agree that the BB is a better "phone" than either a Droid or an iphone....
    ...I would also agree that the password safe that comes with the BB is way better as well.
    ...What I'm wondering about is your statement about better productivity? How do you figure on that?
    03-17-12 10:48 PM
    I used Iphone4s for a month and switched to Bold 9900 and could not be more happy, Its all perfect. Good Battery backup and nice email support. I wanted a phone for email and not a toy from Apple.
    BearSnout likes this.
    03-17-12 11:14 PM
    I would agree that the BB is a better "phone" than either a Droid or an iphone....
    ...I would also agree that the password safe that comes with the BB is way better as well.
    ...What I'm wondering about is your statement about better productivity? How do you figure on that?
    I guess its the combination of switching, typing, shortcuts, notifications, and the things you mentioned making the process intuitive between tasks and comm.. Without pauses to think.. How to do it..
    03-18-12 01:25 AM
    does the 4s do docs to go really well?how about calender integration?
    03-18-12 01:29 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I love the Bold 9900 form factor .. use it all over the world .. highly recommend it!
    03-18-12 02:29 AM
    I used Iphone4s for a month and switched to Bold 9900 and could not be more happy, Its all perfect. Good Battery backup and nice email support. I wanted a phone for email and not a toy from Apple.

I think you said it right, the iPhone is more of an entertainment mobile, whereas a BB allows you to take some work with you.

What I love about my BB9900- push emails- sooo efficient. Messenging- BBM, Yahoo and Gtalk-- reliable. You want some fun, you can dish out Twitter and some Facebook.

As for battery life, I have a spare battery and the J series charger and battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BearSnout likes this.
    03-18-12 02:41 AM
    I did the Android game and the Iphone as well, they were both OK, but when it comes down to it. Blackberry. Just got the 9930, it just works ! Plain and simple, no endless apps to scroll thru, perfect text and email and yeah even the browser is better than before. I am happy I came back. ANd yes I do have some blackberry apps as well. I think more and more people who went from blackberry to whatever realize they made a mistake and are coming back. Just my three cents worth.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-18-12 07:14 AM
    I think you said it right, the iPhone is more of an entertainment mobile, whereas a BB allows you to take some work with you.

What I love about my BB9900- push emails- sooo efficient. Messenging- BBM, Yahoo and Gtalk-- reliable. You want some fun, you can dish out Twitter and some Facebook.

As for battery life, I have a spare battery and the J series charger and battery.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yup, you said it right there
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:00 AM
    does the 4s do docs to go really well?how about calender integration?

Nothing beats sync capabilities of iPhone and Android especially with the new Mountain Lion OS for Macs (look for it on youtube). Sync has always bothered me with BB. This is the first time in four years the contacts on my phone isn't synced with gmail and all of my other devices. Very freakin' annoying. Calendar syncs fine though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-18-12 10:32 AM
    The Only thing that I miss from Iphone4s is Skype , If RIM can get Skype on OS7 or even the upcoming BB10 platform then it will be amazing.
    03-18-12 10:40 AM
    I love my 9900, pure and simple.
    03-18-12 11:29 AM
    I love my Bold 9900 too. Got the iPod Touch for game apps and skype. Not to mention my Playbook for other awesome functions I need.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-18-12 01:04 PM
    I guess its the combination of switching, typing, shortcuts, notifications, and the things you mentioned making the process intuitive between tasks and comm.. Without pauses to think.. How to do it..
    As long as the emails you get don't have any attachments 4.5mb or larger...
    ...As I learned BBIS simply can't process those.
    ...Typing on a Bold is certainly better so I can see the value from that perspective.
    03-18-12 01:17 PM
    As long as the emails you get don't have any attachments 4.5mb or larger...
    ...As I learned BBIS simply can't process those.
    ...Typing on a Bold is certainly better so I can see the value from that perspective.

What happens when they are larger than 4.5 mb? I have gotten attachments upto 6 mb, ever since my carrier switched to BIS 4.0 several months ago. Though most of the features of BIS 4.0 are for OS 7 users only.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-4.1-US.pdf
    03-19-12 06:03 AM
    I'm loving this phone as well since switching from Android, but the comparisons have to stop because there's no way in this or any BB is better than iOS or Android. Just love this phone for what it is. It makes it easier to deal with when you start missing the other platforms.
    I would agree, we have to stop comparing, when we are, we're comparing apples, oranges and bananas.

BB, IOS and Android are all excellent OS's, it's really all about preference. I speak from experience, I've tried them all...several times....I keep coming back to BB. It just like the BB a little bit more, even with less apps.

Battery life, well speaking from experience they are all the same, they suck!!!!

The 9700 was the best, I could get 3 days of decent use out of it.

Having said that, with the latest BB os, battery life is 10X better that it was even a few months ago.

Blackberry for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-19-12 06:55 AM
    Just love this phone for what it is.
    ^^This^^ - I agree wholeheartedly. Coming back from an Android phone also. I don't feel the need to compare it to anything else.

Stan M.
    03-19-12 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD