I am actually very impressed with the battery life. I've tested 7.1 for over 24 hours and my battery life has been fantastic! I have gone a full day with heavy talking over bluetooth, heavy email, some light web browsing and light BBM. Took it off the charger at 6am this morning and have 60% battery left at almost 7pm. I usually would have been dead around 4pm and in desperate need of a charge.

I also experienced the sluggishness initially but after a few battery pulls it has gone away over the course of the day. Not sure if this battery life will continue but for today it was fantastic, and that was my biggest hangup with the 9930.
    01-10-12 05:45 PM
    Isn't this the same as the Sprint 7.1 that leaked a while back? Why are people choosing to go the OTA route when you can just delete the vendor file from the sprint one and load it thru Loader or DM?
    I'll tell you why kazmi! people like things that are "official". Instead of downloading a leaked version and having to go through deleting the vendor file and so on, people like to wait for an official release. I'll admit, although it is the same exact version. it feels good to have something official . either way im not updating. .374 works great for me and the battery life is pretty damn good
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    01-10-12 05:56 PM
    Hey Cracked Berries! About 7.1...has anyone had any issues trying to reinstall their Internet Email accounts? When I go to set them up, I can install Enterprise Emails (option let's me select it.) But cannot select Internet Email. Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 06:10 PM
    I am actually very impressed with the battery life. I've tested 7.1 for over 24 hours and my battery life has been fantastic! I have gone a full day with heavy talking over bluetooth, heavy email, some light web browsing and light BBM. Took it off the charger at 6am this morning and have 60% battery left at almost 7pm. I usually would have been dead around 4pm and in desperate need of a charge.

I also experienced the sluggishness initially but after a few battery pulls it has gone away over the course of the day. Not sure if this battery life will continue but for today it was fantastic, and that was my biggest hangup with the 9930.

Can we get some screen shots of your usage?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 06:33 PM
    My phone is always at 50% at 5 pm when off the charger at 5:30 am. Its at 50% now , but it came off the charger at 10:21 am.

Just terrible.

01-10-12 07:13 PM
    I have downloaded and now can't use the touchscreen!
    01-10-12 07:17 PM
    I always have done OTA in the past for upgrades but this time it would not complete all the way and now it looks like I will have to go to VZW and have them wipe my phone and do a re-install of the OS.
    01-10-12 07:53 PM
    So I downloaded OTA using my home WiFi and it took about 30 minutes. Now in the process of updating.

I do have one question. In the past, I have had situations where I needed to get a new enterprise activation from my company after doing an update. Will that be required for this or will my emails (both business and personal email accounts) be working when all is completed?
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 01-10-12 at 09:56 PM.
    01-10-12 09:51 PM
    ota works, download slow, install takes over 2 hrs. lots of java linking and java installing hourglass screens along the way.

couple of things i noticed:
    - popping sound after a reboot / start of the phone, after which the phone just starts and works
    - icons for muting your mic when on a phone call changed
    - mobile hotspot
    - emergency message inbox added
    - blackberry device analyzer added ( will help us getting real numbers when ppl say battery drains) - annoying thing is that every time i access this, i have to agree to the terms and conditions
    - the options inside the 'device' options are reorganized, and possibly new options added.

in the first 10-15 mins the phone was really slow. lots of inits of apps going on, lots of data traffic in my case. was not able to find out what it was doing though

after that, the phone settled down. did one battery pull so far.

when accessing the pictures stored on my phone, the carousel needs to rebuild the preview info. subsequent visits no longer show the delay when flicking through photos

did not encounter the 'missing minuts' in my calendar view.

also not showing a lot of battery drain so far -- 3pct per hr ( already learned that bb travel hides / runs in the background? more hidden battery drain! )

anyways, will keep you posted.
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-10-12 10:29 PM
    Looks like the initial drop to 92% is still on here :/

Someone suggested that that's their "fix" for the bricking problem? Never letting the battery completely discharge and hiding that 8%?? Does anyone NOT have that problem? 93-98% does not exist, lol

01-10-12 11:48 PM
    Just updated to 7.1 on my Verizon 9930 and now when i open my browser it says "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan" I had the same problem yesterday after the update but i figured it was due to the OTA. I just did it via DM and Im getting the problem again.

When i go into my "Service Status" it shows the following

Blackberry Internet Service: Not Connected
    Blackberry Enterprise Server: Not Connected
    Mobile Network:
    - Coverage 3G'
    - Provider: Verizon Wireless

Emails and bbms go through. Just not browser/FB/etc? Any idea whats going on?

Thanks
    Kenny
    01-11-12 08:06 AM
    Just updated to 7.1 on my Verizon 9930 and now when i open my browser it says "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan" I had the same problem yesterday after the update but i figured it was due to the OTA. I just did it via DM and Im getting the problem again.

When i go into my "Service Status" it shows the following

Blackberry Internet Service: Not Connected
    Blackberry Enterprise Server: Not Connected
    Mobile Network:
    - Coverage 3G'
    - Provider: Verizon Wireless

Emails and bbms go through. Just not browser/FB/etc? Any idea whats going on?

Thanks
    Kenny
    Go to options>device>advance system settings> hot routing table. Hit the bb menu key and hit "register now" it resends your service books. Wait about 2 minutes and try again. This should work if it doesn't. Just restart your device after you do that and I guarantee you everything will work!
    01-11-12 08:25 AM
    I'll tell you why kazmi! people like things that are "official". Instead of downloading a leaked version and having to go through deleting the vendor file and so on, people like to wait for an official release. I'll admit, although it is the same exact version. it feels good to have something official . either way im not updating. .374 works great for me and the battery life is pretty damn good
    Ummm, you do realize that the 7.1.0.163 from Sprint is the same as the 7.1.0.163 from Verizon right??? It's not a leaked verision. Get your info straight.

Why wouldn't it be?
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-11-12 at 08:44 AM.
    01-11-12 08:40 AM
    Why are people choosing to go the OTA route ....
    Who'd want to miss out on 3 hours updates, failed updates and other various headaches???

^Mine took 3 hours total!
    I can't do it on a PC...I'm at work....OTA is taking FOREVER to download and it's gobbling up battery....
    Did the OTA first thing this morning and now it dies halfway through the reboot and keeps cycling and dying at the same point. Never had a problem with upgrades or any other issues with it before. Off to find a way to wipe it and start over.

Later....

Tried some battery pulls to no avail, switched to another battery and it appeared to resume the OTA, so apparently it hadn't finished before it started the reboot cycling. Anyway, after it said the OTA was complete, it took a few more battery pulls as it would lock up every so often when resetting privleges, etc. Finally seems to have calmed down and be working okay.
    OTA started this morning at 6:30AM, as of 10:30AM it's in the state of "Please wait while your device prepares fto update. When preparation completes, your device will restart". This is after it did a full backup, downloaded the update, etc.

Anyone else stuck here? I'm about ready to pull the battery and hope.
    01-11-12 08:47 AM

Someone suggested that that's their "fix" for the bricking problem? Never letting the battery completely discharge and hiding that 8%?? Does anyone NOT have that problem? 93-98% does not exist, lol

No issues with mine dropping as you describe. Mine came off the charger at 5:57am and it's now at 8:51. Only a few texts and a handful of BBM's. Read three emails - still at 100%.
    01-11-12 08:52 AM
    Who'd want to miss out on 3 hours updates, failed updates and other various headaches???
    Maybe some people don't know what they're doing.
    01-11-12 08:52 AM
    Go to options>device>advance system settings> hot routing table. Hit the bb menu key and hit "register now" it resends your service books. Wait about 2 minutes and try again. This should work if it doesn't. Just restart your device after you do that and I guarantee you everything will work!
    Thanks for the tip Coraya but it didnt work . I did receive the "Blackberry Registration Email" but I still cant connect to the browser.
    01-11-12 08:54 AM
    Ummm, you do realize that the 7.1.0.163 from Sprint is the same as the 7.1.0.163 from Verizon right??? It's not a leaked verision. Get your info straight.

Why wouldn't it be?
    You do realize that I wasn't being vulgar or angry in my post right? Yes I have .374. What I was trying to explain is that there are some people that, regardless that sprints version is EXACTLY the same, would rather go with official version just because its branded as OFFICIAL. To them its more "authentic" since its been improved and released instead of being a leak. Again, regardless that its the same exact version as the leaked one for sprint. I don't care for officials anymore but I use to be that way. And I have come across many other crackberrians who were and are as well.

What happened to this site. All the nice people went, all the rude people stayed. Its troll heaven. Learn to talk to people before you try to even lightly insult.
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-11-12 09:02 AM
    So I downloaded OTA using my home WiFi and it took about 30 minutes. Now in the process of updating.

I do have one question. In the past, I have had situations where I needed to get a new enterprise activation from my company after doing an update. Will that be required for this or will my emails (both business and personal email accounts) be working when all is completed?
    If you have BB Desktop installed, just connect your BB and let it sync using Desktop Manager, that way they never know you upgraded ;-)
    01-11-12 09:03 AM
    Isn't this the same as the Sprint 7.1 that leaked a while back? Why are people choosing to go the OTA route when you can just delete the vendor file from the sprint one and load it thru Loader or DM?
    Because when you call Verizon and they ask for your version/look in their BIS Master report, they see you running an unauthorized version and tell you too bad, we can't help you.
    01-11-12 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the tip Coraya but it didnt work . I did receive the "Blackberry Registration Email" but I still cant connect to the browser.
    You did a batt pull right? Not a soft reset? Let me think.....if you didn't do the batt pull, do one. If you did, connect to BBDM, sync your phone, back it up. Maybe something in there will start it up. I'm really not sure because that's only happened to me a few times. Anytime I resent service books and a batt pull, the browser worked again.
    01-11-12 09:06 AM
    No issues with mine dropping as you describe. Mine came off the charger at 5:57am and it's now at 8:51. Only a few texts and a handful of BBM's. Read three emails - still at 100%.
    Run meterberry and you'll see the first change in battery is 8%. I don't see it for about 2 hours or so after unplugging the charger.
    01-11-12 09:12 AM
    Because when you call Verizon and they ask for your version/look in their BIS Master report, they see you running an unauthorized version and tell you too bad, we can't help you.
    7.1.0.163 is the same no matter which carrier releases it. Try again.
    01-11-12 09:13 AM
    You did a batt pull right? Not a soft reset? Let me think.....if you didn't do the batt pull, do one. If you did, connect to BBDM, sync your phone, back it up. Maybe something in there will start it up. I'm really not sure because that's only happened to me a few times. Anytime I resent service books and a batt pull, the browser worked again.
    Yup did the batter pull and the soft reset too. I also tried connecting it to DM. Kinda weird. Im going to call Verizon and see what they say. They are sometimes (sometimes) helpful. Thanks again for your suggestions coraya!
    01-11-12 09:14 AM
    You do realize that I wasn't being vulgar or angry in my post right? Yes I have .374. What I was trying to explain is that there are some people that, regardless that sprints version is EXACTLY the same, would rather go with official version just because its branded as OFFICIAL. To them its more "authentic" since its been improved and released instead of being a leak. Again, regardless that its the same exact version as the leaked one for sprint. I don't care for officials anymore but I use to be that way. And I have come across many other crackberrians who were and are as well.

What happened to this site. All the nice people went, all the rude people stayed. Its troll heaven. Learn to talk to people before you try to even lightly insult.
    Sprint's is just as official as Verizon's. Sprint's version isn't a "leak" and nothing has been improved, the OS is exactly what they got from RIM. Posting misinformation doesn't help anyone.

What happened to the other people who knew what they were talking about????
    01-11-12 09:16 AM
189 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD