I know I'm late to the party but my poor 9700 finally bit the bullet so I picked one up today. I've only been playing with it for a while but if this combo of touch screen and keyboard isn't the greatest thing I've ever seen I don't know what is! It's so fast navigating around!

I've always liked the trackpad but sometimes found using it to scroll or hit a box wasn't always the best but with touch it's amazing! Add that to the awesome keyboard and I'll stay a little behind the times thank you very much.

Looking forward to getting started installing a few apps and themes to make it feel like my own. So far though, this is a really great little device.
    12-24-13 04:25 PM
    I know I'm late to the party but my poor 9700 finally bit the bullet so I picked one up today. I've only been playing with it for a while but if this combo of touch screen and keyboard isn't the greatest thing I've ever seen I don't know what is! It's so fast navigating around!

I've always liked the trackpad but sometimes found using it to scroll or hit a box wasn't always the best but with touch it's amazing! Add that to the awesome keyboard and I'll stay a little behind the times thank you very much.

Looking forward to getting started installing a few apps and themes to make it feel like my own. So far though, this is a really great little device.
    The 9900/9930 was a fantastic, fast, stable, and good-looking device. I used it for over 2 years, from the day it came out until the day the z10 came out.

Just curious, why didn't you opt for the q10?
    12-24-13 04:38 PM
    I'm not so flush with $$ right now and I don't have a contract with my provider, so I figured this would be the way to go. Also, I didn't want to give up the compression and have to increase my data usage which my buddy who has the Q10 says is a real necessity for the Q10.
    But mostly, price.
    12-24-13 04:43 PM
    The 9930/9900 are great phones in my opinion. I use my 9930 for communications (emails, texting, few calls, Facebook, Twitter) and not so-much games. And as far as I can see, BlackBerry will be supporting OS7 for a little while longer.

I'll be doing a battery swap in 2014 (got 2yrs on the battery, now it is showing its age).

- Scott
    12-24-13 08:39 PM
    I'm not so flush with $$ right now and I don't have a contract with my provider, so I figured this would be the way to go. Also, I didn't want to give up the compression and have to increase my data usage which my buddy who has the Q10 says is a real necessity for the Q10.
    But mostly, price.
    The 9900 is a great phone, better late than never. I still use the 9900 along with my Q10 because I just couldn't part with it.

Scour the 9900/ OS7 threads to get up to date and enjoy your Bold!

I like your above mentioned reasoning it seems you really thought the move out.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:22 PM
    All this thinking led to taking two years to make a decision! But I couldn't part with a perfectly good 9700 either.
    I was mainly in need of another communication device and this certainly fits the bill for that.
    Anyone using a hybrid they recommend or would I be ok sticking with the stock OS?
    12-24-13 10:56 PM
    There's plenty of goodness available in the stock OS 7.1
    12-25-13 03:08 AM
    There's plenty of goodness available in the stock OS 7.1
    True, but the BL Hybrids take the thing to another level IMO.
    12-25-13 04:34 AM
    I'm not even sure what a hybrid does, I just like tinkering. I downloaded one that seemed to include extra apps like berry meter etc. is a hybrid additional functionality in a lighter package?
    goodayeh likes this.
    12-25-13 12:00 PM
    I'm not even sure what a hybrid does, I just like tinkering. I downloaded one that seemed to include extra apps like berry meter etc. is a hybrid additional functionality in a lighter package?
    Hybrids in general do not provide any additional functionality, they do however improve the overall performance of the phone in terms of speed, fluidity and battery life.
    12-26-13 04:06 AM
    Strange. This hybrid includes things like device analyzer, meter berry, trooper typing, and a Porsche design theme.
    12-26-13 02:52 PM
    Beautiful phone. I still use my 9900 sometimes

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 03:04 PM
    Hey, I just picked up a Bold 9900 recently as well. I've been through a lot of phones in the last few years, starting from the iPhone era(owned all of them up to the 4) moving to the Bold 9700 and then 9900 and then trying out a Nokia Windows Phone 7 device before hitting up a Nexus 4 and Z10. In the end I just had to get something with BOTH a physical keyboard and a trackpad. I cant seem to live without the trackpad and shortcut app launch ability of OS7, sadly OS10 on the Z10 did not do it for me. Productivity on this device is just amazing, messaging, emails, phone calls, the 9900 is truly the best communication device ever created.
    I know I totally skipped out on the Q10 but I've played around with one and just couldn't get the same efficient productive experience I had in the past using my Bold 9700 and 9900, mainly due to the fact that BlackBerry decided to take away the application shortcut functions on the home screen and all that swiping just wasn't cutting it for me.
    BONUS! if you are a heavy user like myself the keyboard is what tends to wear a lot on these phones, the Bold 9900 keyboard is extremely easy to replace compared to the Q10 and previous Bold devices...it's literally plug and play!
    The Bold 9900 imo is truly the last and final BlackBerry, unless BlackBerry launches another qwerty phone with a trackpad, dedicated menu keys, and keyboard shortcuts from the home screen, I just cant see myself upgrading to OS10.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-26-13 06:27 PM
    For those of us that used a 9900 or even a 9000 we know there will never be another phone like it!

Posted via CB10
    Mai Dvices likes this.
    12-28-13 10:48 AM
    These are very good and honest reasons from power users why BB10 phones are not as productive as a 9900/9930.

Personally, the calendar integration in the hub, and peek/flow pushed me over the edge on productivity. But, yes... Editing, shortcuts, and calendar input are all better with a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:32 PM
    I have both a white Z10 and a Q10, but I just bought myself a NIB 9900 for Christmas...just can't seem to let the legacy phone go.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:22 PM
    So far it's a joy to use. Installed Berrylico.us hybrid on it and although I can't compare it with anything other than my 9700 it is fast, and snappy! Beautiful screen and very responsive touch. So far so good and I can understand why so many people consider it one of the best BB devices out there.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-28-13 03:44 PM
    Bought a used BB 9930 off ebay.(sold my note 2-too big to use at work ect.) I really like this phone, had the curve back in 2009/10. This phone is terrrific and I only paid 40.00 for it! I had trouble setting up bb app world, but a tech at the Sprint store who was very familiar with BB's resolved the issue. I will upgrade to the Q10 in June but plan to keep this phone for backup.
    01-02-14 09:58 AM
    I still use a 9900 daily for work. As a messaging/email device, it's a beast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-02-14 10:13 AM
    I just bought a brand new Bold 9900 and I'm quite impressed. It's a nice upgrade from my old 9700 which was getting a bit erratic. The form factor is solid, keyboard is superb and the display is surprisingly large and usable. The trackpad and removable battery were a must for me so that reluctantly ruled out the Q5.
    01-03-14 07:19 PM
    I have a Q10 which I purchased day 1 it was available on VZW. There are some few things I like, but I'm going back to my 9900. BES compression makes a huge difference for international travel, and the keyboard & trackpad on the 9900 have yet to be bested. Even after using the straight-across keyboard of the Q10 for a year, I can instantly feel how much better the curved layout of the 9900 is. And, ironically, even with side-loading Android apps the availability on the two platforms is a toss-up. I think I'm actually going to go back to my 9900. Kinda sad for BB.
    01-07-14 01:33 AM
    I feel you on the 9900/9930. Personally for me I still can't let go of my 9900. I tend to swap between iphone, android, windows phone but I always come back to my trusty 9900. Even though when I want to use it I have to call my provider and get them to switch my data to a BIS plan. Overall I still use and prefer my 9900 legacy over BB10 and other platforms.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    xanadome likes this.
    01-08-14 05:07 PM
    I feel you on the 9900/9930. Personally for me I still can't let go of my 9900. I tend to swap between iphone, android, windows phone but I always come back to my trusty 9900. Even though when I want to use it I have to call my provider and get them to switch my data to a BIS plan. Overall I still use and prefer my 9900 legacy over BB10 and other platforms
    Great minds think alike...
    01-08-14 07:30 PM
    So many great themes still being made for the 9900 too. May not be important to some people but I change mine all the time. Gives the phone a fresh look whenever you like.
    02-16-14 10:21 AM