I sent a picture message to someone, and my phone straight out froze. so i did a battery pull and as it was booting back up a minute into it the screen said java error. Then continue, so i clicked it. BB booted up except wrong time zone, ALL of my contacts got DELETED, i was signed out of BB ID, emails were not set up, all my apps are on there but require the activation code. It basically just wiped all of my information. Pulled again but still the same. Only thing that didn't delete were my BBM contacts.

running: .254

it's almost 6am and i'm hella pissed. i'm going to go cry myself to sleep, i'll deal with this when i wake up.

i've just had a bad experience with the 9930 . first 9930 had a hardware defect! ugh i am so cursed!

has this happened to anyone else????
    08-20-11 05:48 AM
    Don't feel bad I spent over 4 hours on the phone with Rim tech support to get my device to work! I am coming from a droid so if this device screws up again back to Android. I was hopeful that the new Blackberry wouldn't have all these software issue like the older models did. So far so good just hoping it stays this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 05:58 AM
    I assume you both had backups. If so just load up one of the new OS and restore.

You do have back ups????
    08-20-11 06:06 AM
    Of course i have backups. I just don't backup everyday! so now i guess i should back up everyday. & this isn't my first BB, & i've never had something this drastic happen before.
    08-20-11 11:17 AM
    I sent a picture message to someone, and my phone straight out froze. so i did a battery pull and as it was booting back up a minute into it the screen said java error. Then continue, so i clicked it. BB booted up except wrong time zone, ALL of my contacts got DELETED, i was signed out of BB ID, emails were not set up, all my apps are on there but require the activation code. It basically just wiped all of my information. Pulled again but still the same. Only thing that didn't delete were my BBM contacts.

running: .254

it's almost 6am and i'm hella pissed. i'm going to go cry myself to sleep, i'll deal with this when i wake up.

i've just had a bad experience with the 9930 . first 9930 had a hardware defect! ugh i am so cursed!

has this happened to anyone else????
    I had a similar post to yours. My bad first experience was a 507 error. Athough I think it was the nut behind the operating panel (me), I had a Blackberry rep walk me through a reload of the OS.
    Last edited by diffused; 08-20-11 at 11:57 AM. Reason: error
    08-20-11 11:55 AM
    I wish BlackBerry Protect backed up emails. had to restore from a backup on the pc cause i have some emails i need. sucks that the wipe erased an important one.
    08-20-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD