Ok so i know that near enough everyone is having trouble with there new bold 9900. I was so excited to get my 9900 that i couldnt resist temptation any longer. I ended up buying out the remainder of my contract with T-Mobile (uk) which was only �80 so that i could get my hands on this wonderfull new benchmark blackberry. Finally i had what i had longed for RIM's newest creation i was so excited. All was going well between me and my shinny new phone , i had even purchased a case and screen protector, which is a first for me as previous blackberry's ive had never had such treatment.

10 days after recieving my 9900 i plugged it into charge before going to bed as i always do with any phone and went to sleep. When i woke i realized that the sun was peering through my window straight into my eyes which woke me. "Great my alarm hasnt gone off, wonder why". Firstly i thought i must not have set the alarm properly, but reaching over to my phone only to see that it was still on charge but the phone wasnt on. Then i realized that something was wrong when i noticed that it had been on charge the whole night and that all the phone was doing BLINK BLINK red light of death and a black screen.

Anyway after researching on crackberry.com i soon came to terms in knowing that my poor bold was nuked. Itried everything to get any response out of the thing , i tried the reboot, the tutorial that kevin posted to reload the os using the app loader only to find that i would get to the second stage being the
    JVM stage it would freeze and present an error message stating "application loader unable to connect to device. please enter passcode, if required, and press retry
    after trying to resolve this myself using every method you can think of that i found on all the blackberry forums on the web still no progress.

I then rang blackberry who were absoloutly useless and wanted to charge me 49 dollars connection fee to speak to technical support. Also i rang my carrier they said that the phone was unusable that i needed to send it to them for repair which i was not prepared to do. Anway after about a week i tried again this evening to try and fix my phone and i DONE IT and this is the simple step how

go to this website and download the os 7.0.0.503 install it and run the app loader following the steps in kevins tutorial on crackberry.com on how to fix nuked bold 9900 and it will work . good luck guys and let me know how you get on

http://n4bb.com/leaked-blackberry-bo...0-os-7-0-0-540

Tweet Me @stew12341
    mincanada likes this.
    11-22-11 07:44 PM
    These recent .503 AND .540 have seemed to "unbrick/un-nuke" the bold 9900. Can't wait till RIM releases an official software fix for this glitch. Hopefully its not a hardware issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 07:47 PM
    yea defo, i mean iam super happy that my bold is up and running again but in the back of my mind iam still thinking these unofficial os 503s might only be a band-aid fix and not last long. So come on RIM pull your finger out and give us some support here
    11-22-11 07:56 PM
    Glad that this is a software issue cause I don't have any warranty.
    Maybe that's why RIM was silent, they were just working on a software fix.
    BB quality gets lower and lower...
    11-22-11 08:32 PM
    What you mean you found a fixed on the BRICKED BLACKBERRY 9900? /( Nuked and bricked are to two different things ) Please dont mislead us with your bad tittles. About the nuked berry, There was always a solution.
    11-22-11 09:48 PM
    Blackberry needs to release a software update that stops the bold 9900 to brick itself innthe night while charging.

Maybe a line of code that specifes that after X time of charging and after the battery is fully charged it needs to disconnect the charger.

Also they need to release an update so that the OS reloads itself and start if it detects any issue.
    11-22-11 10:29 PM
    This isn't a fix. If you can fix it, it was never bricked in the first place -- I told you that when you tweeted the CB Twitter account.

The bricking issue is that it won't even be found by USB by any means to load the new OS.. your device never was bricked.
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    11-23-11 12:07 AM
    I have the SAME exact problem with my Bold. Problem is it's a 9930 and not a 9900

Should I give up and just get the refurb? Or has anyone heard of a solution?
    11-23-11 12:52 AM
    I have the SAME exact problem with my Bold. Problem is it's a 9930 and not a 9900

Mine was nuked, not bricked. I brought it back twice but I just got my refurb last night. I am NOT happy with a refurb.....I paid for a brand new device and I now feel that these "certified line new" devices are nothing more than someone else's nuked/bricked phones, but we'll see.

If your device is truly bricked you really haven't got a choice. You won't be able to bring it back.
    11-23-11 03:40 AM
    It's build quality, not software. The broken phones are just that. Broken phones. They will never be 100%. Never be reliable. The outward signs of engineering and manufacturing weakness on the 9900 are manifest. Be happy. If you got a refurb that has been through the factory again and physically sorted out, you are in a better place.
    11-23-11 08:59 AM
    Ok so i know that near enough everyone is having trouble with there new bold 9900.
    Near enough everyone? So is that 99% of all 9900 owners having issues?

Wow, if im that lucky that I have had none with mine, ill run out and re mortgage my house and bet all the money on a 3 legged nag called Old&Decrepid on the 5:30 at Ascot.

Glad youve fixed it dude, but its a tiny percentage of owners who have trouble (especially as bad as been bricked/nuked) and as a general rule, people only come to the forums when they have an issue, there will be millions of people sitting blissfilly happy with their 9900's as we speak.

Steve
    11-23-11 09:50 AM
    Near enough everyone? So is that 99% of all 9900 owners having issues?

Wow, if im that lucky that I have had none with mine, ill run out and re mortgage my house and bet all the money on a 3 legged nag called Old&Decrepid on the 5:30 at Ascot.

Glad youve fixed it dude, but its a tiny percentage of owners who have trouble (especially as bad as been bricked/nuked) and as a general rule, people only come to the forums when they have an issue, there will be millions of people sitting blissfilly happy with their 9900's as we speak.

Steve
    I haven't seen any numbers as to how many are having trouble. Have you? How do you know that it's a tiny percentage?
    And I've been in the forum since '09. I didn't come here because I had an issue with a BB....ironically, I came because I had troupble with an iPhone. I have been blissfully happy with my BBerries...up until now. Yes, that's around eight years of BBerries that have not have trouble. This is the first.
    But as far as trouble goes, this one is a doozy. I would not want to be on travel and have my phone die somewhere between Topeka and Des Moines. That's be a bad day.
    11-23-11 11:25 AM
    It's build quality, not software. The broken phones are just that. Broken phones. They will never be 100%. Never be reliable. The outward signs of engineering and manufacturing weakness on the 9900 are manifest. Be happy. If you got a refurb that has been through the factory again and physically sorted out, you are in a better place.
    Now you sound like a friend of mine.....he basically said the same thing.
    11-23-11 11:27 AM
    I haven't seen any numbers as to how many are having trouble. Have you? How do you know that it's a tiny percentage?
    Nope, ive not.... but on the other hand im not making wild guesses of how many are having the same issues you are.

It would stand to reason if more than a small percentage was having trouble (serious trouble, like bricking) then RIM would either be bankrupt by now or recalling the handsets, which is far more serious than press releases and promises of a 'fix'.

We all see RIM's sales dropping...im sure non of us want to see them in a situation where they arent making phones anymore, with ill thought out comments like 'Near enough everyone is having trouble with....." could put off forum guests/prospective owners from buying Blackberries.

Me.... my 9900 was underwater for an hour......ringing...... and when pulled out.... was still working......Ive never had an issue with it (that wasnt caused by me....oooops).

Steve
    Seandon79 likes this.
    11-23-11 12:38 PM
    I posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd post it here as well... I will let you know if I can revive the poor 9900...

I just installed tapatalk for the first time - it was having all sorts of issues so I rebooted. Upon reboot I opened tapatalk and the phone rebooted itself throwing the JVM Error 545. I wonder how many people with nuked/bricked 9900s had tapatalk installed?? I have .540 installed btw.
    Last edited by Zwickliffe; 11-23-11 at 07:59 PM.
    11-23-11 07:53 PM
    Now you sound like a friend of mine.....he basically said the same thing.
    I always buy factory refurbs when I buy DeWalt tools. They are such junk it's madness to pay retail for a potential nightmare of multiple trips to the local clown house (aka service center). The refurbs have never let me down. Time to change brands.
    11-23-11 10:24 PM
    This isn't a fix. If you can fix it, it was never bricked in the first place -- I told you that when you tweeted the CB Twitter account.

The bricking issue is that it won't even be found by USB by any means to load the new OS.. your device never was bricked.
    I have a 9800 that can be seen via USB -even erases applications and loads the OS - until you get to the "reconnecting to JVM" screen, where I have tried every single solution out there, but could not get past that screen. Had a 9900 with the same symptoms that did the same thing. I have "un-nuked" several BB's before in the same state, but these two - uh uh, no way. I consider those to be "bricked", even though there is USB communication.
    11-30-11 10:27 PM
    I agree with the statement about refurbs; they get a much more thorough QC, but I'm not truly convinced that bricking isn't a software issue that can't be addressed...

I think that it can be resolved with software, but I guess only time will tell.

In the past, BB's - (various models) have had the same or similar issues, but could in many cases be brought back to life. If it were a hardware issue, say out of spec components, I have an issue believing that it exhibits the same or similar symptoms as previous models, where it wasn't hardware related.

If I had to bet, I'd bet it's something that can and will be addressed through a software enhancement, but that's just my opinion based on a hunch - not fact.
    11-30-11 10:36 PM

I had the same issue with my 9930 for sprint. Took my phone to 2 different service centers, both of which confirmed the phone is worthless and the only solution is to replace it with a refurb. I refused to give up, and when 7.1.0.163 was released I downloaded it and attempted to install it through desktop manager. I'd been able to get my computer to recognize the phone, but when trying to install an os it would get to the loading jvm but get caught Ina error. However this time when I get to that same point, the phone had a 507 error message the screen - on any previous attempts the only thing out would get besides a completely black screen was an occasional empty battyer icon. So I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and amazingly it came back from the dead - with the brand new OS running perfectly! Don't give up hope yet and good luck!
    12-19-11 10:09 PM
    I had the same issue with my 9930 for sprint. Took my phone to 2 different service centers, both of which confirmed the phone is worthless and the only solution is to replace it with a refurb. I refused to give up, and when 7.1.0.163 was released I downloaded it and attempted to install it through desktop manager. I'd been able to get my computer to recognize the phone, but when trying to install an os it would get to the loading jvm but get caught Ina error. However this time when I get to that same point, the phone had a 507 error message the screen - on any previous attempts the only thing out would get besides a completely black screen was an occasional empty battyer icon. So I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and amazingly it came back from the dead - with the brand new OS running perfectly! Don't give up hope yet and good luck!
    I hope that more people try to do such things and get thier Blackberry back to life..
    12-19-11 11:44 PM
    Ok so i know that near enough everyone is having trouble with there new bold 9900.
    Nope, just you....
    12-20-11 12:46 AM
    I'm so sick and tired of seeing 9900 threads where people claim to have FIXED a BRICKED 9900, if it was bricked, you wouldn't have fixed it. If it was nuked and you got it back up and running you just didn't have the knowledge on how to revive it in the first place. Stop creating threads that waste my time reading the titles.
    12-20-11 12:48 AM
    I'm so sick and tired of seeing 9900 threads where people claim to have FIXED a BRICKED 9900, if it was bricked, you wouldn't have fixed it. If it was nuked and you got it back up and running you just didn't have the knowledge on how to revive it in the first place. Stop creating threads that waste my time reading the titles.
    Call me ignorant, but my phone was completely dead with nothing other than a slow red blink of the LED if I pulled the battery. I had two separate service centers look at the phone and say its worthless. I tried re-installing my existing operating system (both through app loader and desktop manager) and the phone would not react one bit during the process - I tried wiping the phone & restoring to factory with JL commander with absolutely no success...that is until I tried the 7.1 release from sprint. Maybe you should take your pessimism to another thread and leave those of us with the intestinal fortitude to actually solve problems to this thread - and if you're so concerned about all of us mis-interpreting the term "bricked", maybe you should clearly define it at the top of the thread as something that is completely useless and unable to be repaired.....oh wait, that's what two professional technicians said about my phone....
    netnomad likes this.
    12-20-11 09:32 PM
    Call me ignorant, but my phone was completely dead with nothing other than a slow red blink of the LED if I pulled the battery. I had two separate service centers look at the phone and say its worthless. I tried re-installing my existing operating system (both through app loader and desktop manager) and the phone would not react one bit during the process - I tried wiping the phone & restoring to factory with JL commander with absolutely no success...that is until I tried the 7.1 release from sprint. Maybe you should take your pessimism to another thread and leave those of us with the intestinal fortitude to actually solve problems to this thread - and if you're so concerned about all of us mis-interpreting the term "bricked", maybe you should clearly define it at the top of the thread as something that is completely useless and unable to be repaired.....oh wait, that's what two professional technicians said about my phone....
    Its funny how many people like to define bricked and nuked but don't know all the circumstances associated with their definitions.
    12-20-11 09:51 PM
    Bricked is a term for a dead blackberry , mine was dead and the conventional methods for an unbricked blackberry to reset didnt work therefore it was bricked
    03-28-12 04:21 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD