Hi

Ive experience a few issues with my 9900 and was wondering if they are normal or build issues

*T,Y,U keys when pressed seem to stick and unstick after a second. They dont stick as in loads of tttttttttttt or yyyyyyy but there is a noise that sound like the key unsticks.

*Creaking centre button and loud click

Is this just normal on 9900, ive looked in a few shops and cant replicate it and the middle buttons sound quite like my old 9700, this is my second one and its the same?

Thanks

Rob
    01-25-12 01:34 AM
    I have no issues with the keys.
    Centre button does make a click noise but in my case it is not loud enough for me.
    01-25-12 01:46 AM
    Hi

Ive experience a few issues with my 9900 and was wondering if they are normal or build issues

*T,Y,U keys when pressed seem to stick and unstick after a second. They dont stick as in loads of tttttttttttt or yyyyyyy but there is a noise that sound like the key unsticks.

*Creaking centre button and loud click

Is this just normal on 9900, ive looked in a few shops and cant replicate it and the middle buttons sound quite like my old 9700, this is my second one and its the same?

Thanks

Rob
    What you describe with your keyboard isn't normal, and I'd have to suggest taking it to a shop and requesting they provide a replacement, Your keys shouldn't stick at all, and should return "up" immediately after you've let off the key.

It's pretty normal for the trackpad to have a bit of a creak to it when depressed or when the buttons around are depressed, however since the issue your having with the keyboard is right near the trackpad, the issue your having could be a side effect of the bad keyboard.

As I said, I'd suggest asking for a replacement, as it sounds like you've gotten a defective device, You may have to remain persistent, as some may insist that the issue isn't frequent enough to justify replacement, or that it's not enough of an issue to justify replacement, just remain polite but persistent.
    01-25-12 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD