I'm sorry if this has been discussed already. I tried searching but couldn't find too much. I waited to do the update out of laziness but 2 weeks ago I finally decided to take this update.

Since taking the update for my Bold 9900 I have had countless freezing issues and have had to do a battery pull at least once per day (minimum, sometimes more). I'm frequently getting the "clock hands" indicating the device is "computing" and even during BBM chats I get the clockhands image... you know that little square box indicating that the device is temporarily non-responsive?

I've got minimal apps on my phone ...

Twitter
    Facebook
    Rogers Enhanced Visual Voice Mail (which sucks and I can't revert back to old sms notifications without changing my plan once this crap has been activated according to Rogers)
    Social Feeds
    Photo Editor Ultimate
    Screen Grabber
    Score Mobile
    Score FC
    App World

The phone freezes when I use Twitter and sometimes on Facebook. I've un-installed Twitter and did a re-install. No solution. I uninstalled Facebook and today re-installed the latest 3.3 version. Essentially, over the course of the last 10 days, I've un-installed all my apps, ran the phone and re-installed. I have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the update .746

Are any of you experiencing these freezing issues that appear to be random and quite annoying? Has anyone reverted back to the older operating system?

Any solutions/workarounds would be helpful. Other than the "switch/open applications" screen looking different, what other enhancements was this update supposed to offer because I've gotten nothing but worse performance since updating the OS.

I appreciate any replies that I might receive and hopefully some of you guys and gals out there with more knowledge in this stuff than me can help. I am close to going back to the prior operating system version because I simply can't handle this. I went from pulling the battery out perhaps once every two weeks because I felt like it, to having to do it daily now because I "have to".

Thanks again and sorry for the lenghty post. I wanted to provide as much information as possible. Is this frreezing issue widespread? Is it really this bad?

DrFever
    12-07-12 05:09 PM
    I can't really help as I have Rogers 9900 with the 7.1.0.746. But I have had nothing but great performance from this version. Best battery life. Best speed. No clocking. I'm very happy with this version.
    12-07-12 05:24 PM
    yep same problem on my girlfriends phone, I just updated it to 7.1.0.794 and issues were fixed
    12-07-12 05:31 PM
    I would try and reload the OS, .746 runs awesome on my 9900
    12-07-12 06:34 PM
    yep same problem on my girlfriends phone, I just updated it to 7.1.0.794 and issues were fixed
    Where did you get .794? I can't find it for my carrier (Rogers)

When I connect to Desktop Manager I get no available updates.
    12-20-12 02:52 PM
    I have .746 installed and my phone has locked up and required a battery pull a few times already but not daily like you mentioned.

It's not officially released for Rogers but if you search the site you can find instructions on loading an unofficial OS and if you check the top of the 9900/9930 forum page you'll find quick links to the latest OS's.
    12-20-12 03:01 PM
    You can load any carriers build by removing the vendor file. The important thing is that it's for the same device. So these are official builds but for a different carrier. See the latest sticky under you device, usually posted by rroyy with the link.
    12-20-12 03:33 PM
    maybe it's because your are running out of free memory.

like others' advices, you can try load newest and shrink your os before your loading using 3rd party app like BBHTool, so you can delete applications that you don't use, to give more space to your free memory.

hope it helps
    12-21-12 02:00 AM