Hi

My phone keeps opening up threads for the same people. After I delete all of my texts, it re opens blank threads under certain people. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?
    05-06-12 05:58 PM
    Are you deleting the texts with the actual conversation threads open? If you don't delete the whole conversation (as in pressing sms icon from home screen, highlight person's name, press menu and select delete) then it will leave an open thread in the person's name. If not, have you tried a reboot? That's all I can think of. Hope you get it figured out.
    05-06-12 06:12 PM
    Okay...let's say I delete every converation. If I go back into it later on...4 or 5 particular names open back up. The threads are empty, but they start on their own. Its really annoying
    05-07-12 12:43 PM
    How would you be able to "go back into it later on" if you've deleted them??

Or is that the issue you're talking about? That they're never really deleted?
    05-07-12 03:56 PM
    How would you be able to "go back into it later on" if you've deleted them??

Or is that the issue you're talking about? That they're never really deleted?
    i mean simply going back into text messages.
    05-07-12 04:53 PM
    You mean going into your text message folder?

And does it look like this:
    05-07-12 04:58 PM
    here is a screen shot of what i mean. i took this screen shot today. notice is old date and times. after i delete all of my messages. these always come back.
    05-07-12 04:59 PM
    Ohh, okay, I've had that issue before but it was because of certain apps that I was using: PopUp and iSpeech. I uninstalled them and the problem went away.

Did you notice this happening after installing any apps? Particularly, any msg'ing apps?

If that isn't it, I'm out of ideas, other than the battery pull, which works sometimes.
    05-07-12 05:04 PM
    Oh okay. Well no...I don't use any messaging apps. And I've battery pulled. So I don't know what to do.
    05-07-12 05:33 PM
    Nobody knows how to fix this or what may be causing this??
    05-09-12 11:38 PM
    Sorry, I don't know how to fix it or why it is happening. I just wanted to post to say that I've had this too. I only had one that was coming back but it happened every time I did a battery pull. It would just return. I just noticed within the last few days that it stopped reappearing and I'm not sure what changed or what I did to make it permanently disappear. Hope you find a solution or a reason why.
    Last edited by seagull; 05-10-12 at 09:19 AM.
    05-10-12 09:17 AM
    Its the same for me. Its everytime I do a battery pull. Is this an issue they would let me exchange the phone for?
    05-10-12 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD