Hello,

I have a big issue with my Bold 9900.
    It doesn't work on 3G, only on EDGE .
    My configuration is good, 2G and 3G are both enabled.
    I've tried to reinstall the device software, and I've tried with several SIM cards from different providers (I've even tried to change the APNs, but it didn't change anything).

Can somebody help me?

Thank you.
    02-10-12 07:55 AM
    It looks like to me that your phone and carrier don't have the same 3G bands. There is no way to change this and you will have to buy a new phone from a different carrier originally. What carrier are you trying to use and did you buy the phone from a different carrier? Of course you might be in an EDGE only area but I think you'd know that...
    02-10-12 10:08 AM
    Join the club.............I am on my 3rd 9900 since late Aug when they were launched. I am with Rogers in Greater Vancouver, and my 3g signal is so poor (on all 3 of the 9900's) that I now must leave it set to 2g Edge all the time. Emails and texts "hang" and "time out" then don't send and I get "mobile equipment failure" message. I also get red SOS all the time. Rogers told me the OS7 is not great at picking up a weaker signal, and they are hoping 7.1 fixes this (Rogers has still not released their version of OS update). Other people who I know in my area who have an iphone (any version) or Android device are not having this problem on Rogers. Rogers tells me they have had a lot of complaints about the 9900. The whole thing is bs.............Rogers blames the Bold, others blame Rogers, etc, etc.

The secondary effect to this issue is poor battery life. If the 9900 is constantly trying to find a 3g signal, the battery drains fast. I suspect this is the same reason so many people have complained about a poor battery on the 9900...............it's actually a signal issue. Now that my 9900 is permanently on 2g Edge, my battery lasts 1.5 days similar to what my old 9700 did.
    02-10-12 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD