I dropped my phone down a storm drain today because it was either that or drop my daughter. So I chose holding my kid LOL. I was going to go an buy another iPhone but decided to check out Blackberry. I have a few questions first.

1. Can I get my contacts from iCloud/address book (mac) to the 9900?

2. Music from iTunes?

3. Can I use my @me email on the 9900?

4. I use these apps mostly. Are there ones that compare: around me, delivery status (track my packages) from a ton of carriers, 10-pin shuffle, fandango, tapatalk, instagram, red laser barcode.

I appreciate all the support.
    05-09-12 02:26 AM
    The 9900 is a great phone. My wife has one and she really loves it.

To answer your questions, getting your contacts from iCloud could be simple depending on what services you use. You can always download all of you contacts and import them into an email service like Gmail. Then sync the Gmail with your phone. You can do the same in Outlook.

Using the Apple me email may not be a possibilty. I don't believe there is an option for that in the email setup. You may have to go with Gmail, Hotmail, yahoo, etc.

BlackBerry devices sync with iTunes through the desktop manager.

As far as the apps are concerned, gpo to the app world online and see what they have. Usually the same applications are available and if not there is usually something comparable.

Hope this helps.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    05-09-12 03:45 AM
    If your contacts and iTunes music are on your Mac desktop/laptop, the Blackberry Desktop software will transfer it all to your phone. I think you need the Lion OS to have the Mac sync to the iCloud if you don't already have the contacts on the Mac.

I am not sure about the @me email. It will probably work since you can get @me email into the regular Mac email program.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-09-12 at 05:15 AM.
    05-09-12 05:13 AM
    Yes, to answer the question some people are unsure of, you can use an @me.com email address. Ive been using mine and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 06:40 AM
    Instagram isn't available for Blackberry. However, they have Instaphoto.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 09:47 AM
    Yes, to answer the question some people are unsure of, you can use an @me.com email address. Ive been using mine and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks everyone. How do I setup the @me account? I really prefer not to change emails.
    05-09-12 01:36 PM
    Thanks everyone. How do I setup the @me account? I really prefer not to change emails.
    You should be able to just use the email setup on the phone and enter your username and password. The setup will figure out the rest.
    05-09-12 08:19 PM
    itunes you just click and drag your songs to your device/memory card.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    owiyeah likes this.
    05-09-12 08:24 PM
    once used iPhone... BB seems like 2002 device...
    05-10-12 03:30 AM
    Maybe you are using a 2002 Blackberry.

I just switched my wife from an iPhone 4s to a 9810 and she loves it. The iPhone was just not reliable enough to depend on for sending emails on a timely basis when used with a pop email account she has had for years.
    owiyeah and Elbojemio like this.
    05-10-12 07:35 AM
    Really helpful. Now back under your bridge.
    owiyeah likes this.
    05-10-12 07:45 AM
    I dropped my phone down a storm drain today because it was either that or drop my daughter. So I chose holding my kid LOL. I was going to go an buy another iPhone but decided to check out Blackberry. I have a few questions first.

1. Can I get my contacts from iCloud/address book (mac) to the 9900?

2. Music from iTunes?

3. Can I use my @me email on the 9900?

4. I use these apps mostly. Are there ones that compare: around me, delivery status (track my packages) from a ton of carriers, 10-pin shuffle, fandango, tapatalk, instagram, red laser barcode.

I appreciate all the support.
    1) You can connect your bberry to your mac and use DM (Desktop Manager) to transfer your contacts from Address Book.

2) To tranfer music from iTunes you can do DM as well. I would suggest downloading Double Twist, it works with Blackberries too. Worst case scenario, you'll be able to drag files onto your blackberry if you so choose to be very picky about it.

3) Yes, you can use @me.com email address. In email set up just choose "other" and type your full email address.

4) Most of the apps you mentioned are available on Blackberry. I have to say tho that the quality of the apps is not as good as the ones on the iphone. Just fyi.
    05-10-12 08:32 AM
    once used iPhone... BB seems like 2012 device...
    Fixed it for you

JB
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-10-12 08:59 AM
    Fixed it for you

JB
    nice!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD