Her everyone. I've been using a BB Bold. 9650 for a while now and I'm ready for an upgrade through Verizon. I am stuck between the IPhone 4 (not 4s) and a BB Bold 9930. Here's the catch. The blackberry would have to be one of the '"certified pre owned" ones because of the price.

I'm a college student and I do use an ipad for school work.

I would rather stay with blackberry due to the keyboard, but will a 9930 be just as quick as an iPhone 4 in terms of web browsing? How much quicker than the 9650?

Does anyone have experience with the pre owned phones?
    01-01-13 02:32 PM
    My experience is that web browsing is about the same. I have both phones, and both are very different but to me, if there is a difference it wasn't one you would notice unless holding the 2 side by side
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    01-01-13 02:34 PM
    Her everyone. I've been using a BB Bold. 9650 for a while now and I'm ready for an upgrade through Verizon. I am stuck between the IPhone 4 (not 4s) and a BB Bold 9930. Here's the catch. The blackberry would have to be one of the '"certified pre owned" ones because of the price.

I'm a college student and I do use an ipad for school work.

I would rather stay with blackberry due to the keyboard, but will a 9930 be just as quick as an iPhone 4 in terms of web browsing? How much quicker than the 9650?

Does anyone have experience with the pre owned phones?
    Since you have an iPad, and you want to stick with BB, I would definitely go with the bold.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 02:39 PM
    I've had both and honestly say both of them are great phones. With the iPhone 4 you would have iCloud which would be pretty useful, and with the Blackberry 9930 you have an amazing quality phone with the biggest plus of all, a keyboard. I think that the BB 9930 was faster then the iPhone 4 but the iPhone 4 has more real estate so its your choice. I'd go with the 9930.
    01-01-13 02:40 PM
    Bold forever
    01-01-13 02:59 PM
    as an ipad owner, you have the apps for your requirement, and if you are more inclined towards texting and BBM, then go for bold... best part: keyboard, weakness: apps and old OS BUT since u are upgrading from 9650 so it will be quite a fine upgrade....
    i would have gone for Iphone 4 due to the fact that OS will be supported atleast for next year and bb OS 7 will not be upgraded to BB-10, bb is transforming in to New OS so might be u will feel a bit outdated.

thanx
    01-01-13 03:06 PM
    Posted earlier but I think it is only fair to share on this thread. FYI, neither my iPhone 4 or iPad 2 has ever crashed. Yo, Thorsten, are you listening to anyone?

---

Well, I don't know what the fools at RIM have been working on these past 12 months. But it would seem like much hot air and no deliverables (pity you who wait for BB10).
    I was a Blackberry user way back in 2000 with a 950 (pager) unit. Great device, great keyboard, AA battery. Got me and a big chunk of a multi-national through Sept 11th.

Left them after they produced that phone. The one with blue plastic shell. Hopeless phone, useless web-browser. But still Wall St believed that their security was too good.
    Roll clock forward 10 years. Purchased a Bold (9930) last year as I missed having a real keyboard to quickly hammer out text/email messages and not forgetting BBM too.

1 year forward. Piece of crap is crashing every 4-5 hours. Will not reboot unless battery is removed. Even then, it takes 2-3x attempts to reboot. Thorsten you are an *****!
    This is beyond disappointing. Tomorrow I will take my old iPhone 4 and have it unlocked. Then O2 will cut the SIM card down to size - I'll put that into the old AT&T iPhone.

Goodbye RIM. Your support is a joke. Your OS updates to the Playbook are horrible. Over half RAM is used for OS. You may release BB10 but you are as dead as a dodo.
    If you know Thorsten Heins home address, maybe you could pop round and give him a slap? As it looks like he actually believes his own corporate BS. Cackberry is done.

B
    01-02-13 06:35 PM
    can't say about iphone 4, but the Bold 9930 is one of the best phones I've owned, its quick and dependable.
    01-02-13 07:08 PM
    Why not a 4s? They are cheap. I would go 4s for sure just do to camera, OS and app support. Bold vs a 4 however could go either way depending on your needs and wants.
    01-02-13 07:51 PM
    Roll clock forward 10 years. Purchased a Bold (9930) last year as I missed having a real keyboard to quickly hammer out text/email messages and not forgetting BBM too.

1 year forward. Piece of crap is crashing every 4-5 hours. Will not reboot unless battery is removed. Even then, it takes 2-3x attempts to reboot. Thorsten you are an *****!

I don't believe a word in your post. I have had my 9930 for 1 1/2 years....it is a fabulous phone! Excellent call quality, keyboard, browser....the perfect phone. Would not even consider an upgrade at this time...but will for BB10.
    01-02-13 08:02 PM
    Like other have said, apple iphone is more about apps. Bold 9900/9930 is more about keyboard. As for the speed, i think bold is better (when you know the shortcut) if you like to browse on your phone, i think you should go with iphone.

Both phones have same quality, both feel solid and great to handle.
    joeye333 likes this.
    01-03-13 08:31 AM
    I am a university student too, and spending time on my phone isnt a priority. I just like to pound out a message on my keyboard and return to my studying. I too have a tablet for my web browsing needs
    01-04-13 11:13 AM