Blackberry 9930 on Verizon Wireless

My Ipad 2 connected without issue to the Blackberry's hotspot. A few months ago I also got a Ipad Mini which would never Join even though it had no issue with any other Wi-Fi / Hotspot including my Verizon Mifi.

Yesterday I upgraded the Ipad 2 with a Ipad 4, or whatever they are calling it, and like the Mini will NOT connect with the Blackberry - even though like the Mini it joins other Wi-Fi / Hotspots including the Verizon Mifi.

BB and Ipads all running lastest software.

I'm only assuming it s a Apple issue since other devices like laptop can connect to the BB but I thought I would ask here if anybody has any insights / suggestions.
    12-22-12 08:32 AM
    Same issue for me with my iPad Mini and my BB9900 :-/
    12-22-12 10:49 AM
    Blackberry 9930 on Verizon Wireless

My Ipad 2 connected without issue to the Blackberry's hotspot. A few months ago I also got a Ipad Mini which would never Join even though it had no issue with any other Wi-Fi / Hotspot including my Verizon Mifi.

Yesterday I upgraded the Ipad 2 with a Ipad 4, or whatever they are calling it, and like the Mini will NOT connect with the Blackberry - even though like the Mini it joins other Wi-Fi / Hotspots including the Verizon Mifi.

BB and Ipads all running lastest software.

I'm only assuming it s a Apple issue since other devices like laptop can connect to the BB but I thought I would ask here if anybody has any insights / suggestions.
    Same issue for me with my iPad Mini and my BB9900 :-/
    Did you guys try with the 'no security '( open) option on your BB Hotspot. My wife's ipod touch 5th gen, also has issues with my BB hotspot and only connects when I choose no security ( open)
    12-24-12 11:39 AM
    With Security Type: NONE both do connect. But obviously not the best option. Although there is a option: "Don't allow any more devices to connect" that can be used once connected.

For reference the BB has the following Security Type options:

None
    WEP
    WPA2 Personal
    WPA/WPA2 Personal

Update: The IPAD Mini was just updated with 6.0.2 which included a note about fixing WIFI issues. It now DOES connect to the BB via None, WPA2 Personal and WPA/WPA2 Personal (Did not try WEP). However the IPAD 4 does not with any but NONE. That said, iTunes does not yet show 6.0.2 for the bigger Ipad so its still at 6.0.1

Looks like 6.0.2 fixes the issues and I'm assuming it will be released for the Ipad 4 soon. Or I hope!
    12-24-12 01:31 PM
    I had the same problems and did some crosschecks.
    First of all I did check the iOS, it was on 6.1.2 and didn't work, so I did upgrade to 6.1.3, but still the same problem.
    So with an iPad2 and the BB9900 there was no problem at all.
    With the iPad Mini and another BB9900 same problem.
    We took another iPad Mini, and we got the same problem.
    We did those tests with WEP, WPA2, WPA/WPA2, no chance (only if you put the security to "none")
    But then, to whatever reason, we did try to connect more than twice, and after the third or fourth trial, it did connect.
    So we did try to repeat this: Shut off WLAN, try to connect via BB Hotspot, 3 abortive attempts, and then: SUCCESS.
    This was and is repeatable on both iPad Minis.
    So please do not give up, try it 3 or 4 times, and stay patient!
    03-21-13 01:31 AM
    I always have this problem when I connect from my 9900 to iPad mini.. But after 5-7 minutes it does connect. Security settings did not make any difference.. Sometimes if it does not connect after 5 mins.. Try redoing the whole thing by turning hotspot off and wifi off on BB and iPad.

Another thing that helps me is.. After I start to establish the connection, I start using the browser on my BB to keep the data active.. This helps..
    03-21-13 05:47 AM
    Hi,

have been having the same problem and couldn't find any help in forums. Today I found a thread with simple way to cure the problem:

You need to change your ipad name to a pure letter name without any signs or spaces. You can do that under:

-> Settings/General/About/Name --> change name

In my case it worked immediately after 3 month of annoyance.
    Sometimes its still seems to crash and not connect after the mobile goes into sleeping modus and wakes ups again.

This time luckily a reboot (Switch Off/On) helped again immediately.

Hope this helps

Greetz Soulholic
    MJRBIM likes this.
    03-22-13 05:32 PM
    I have a brand new BB 9900 and an iPad "3" (or, The New iPad). I can't get them to connect via bluetooth or hotspot. When I tried bluetooth, the iPad said my device wasn't supported, though my MBP was just fine on the iPad. My MBP is fine on the hotspot, too. I tried the hotspot with no security and got nothing. Any ideas?
    04-04-13 01:21 PM
    I'm impatient, so I kept searching for answers and found one that seems to work:

"LeBleuS
    Re: iPad 3 with iOS 6 won't connect to Wifi Hotspot
    Nov 27, 2012 7:31 AM (in response to hastethechariot)
    Don't contact Blackberry. The problem is with Apple and iOS 6 - your Blackberry works perfectly.
    I found a work around thanks to another poster on this forum.

Turn on your wireless hotspot on BB
    When iPad sees it select it and enter your password but don't hit join.
    Turn off the hotspot then turn it back on again.
    As the hotspot is firing back up click the join on your iPad.
    It will connect.

I did this yesterday and it worked for me. Once it connects once, it seems to connect every time without having to go through this rig-a-ma-roll!

Shawn"
    JessOnebebe likes this.
    04-04-13 01:37 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have an ipad 3-wifi only running iOS 6.1.3..... I was facing problems connecting using my Mobile hotspot on my Blackberry 9790 bold 5.. so the solution that worked for me is:

step 1: Disable passphrase security on your BB mobile hotspot... change it to 'None'
    Step 2: Turn on wifi on your ipad 3 and you will now see your blackberry hotspot under wifi connections list on your ipad without the lock picture
    step 3: simply click join and you will now be able to use your blackberry hotspot connections on your ipad
    04-20-13 12:55 AM
    Did you guys try with the 'no security '( open) option on your BB Hotspot. My wife's ipod touch 5th gen, also has issues with my BB hotspot and only connects when I choose no security ( open)
    I did this, having tried absolutely everything else suggested, and it worked for me too! Thanks
    05-06-13 03:04 PM
    yeah! dancing! thank you so much. did exactly that and it worked for me too.. dope!
    07-05-13 02:26 PM
    That rename the iPad solution fixed the problem for me, even with the Mobile Hotspot PASSWORD settings still turned-on. Thx...!
    08-27-13 10:59 AM
    I had the same issue a few months ago. It finally worked after about 30 minutes and multiple attempts of trying to connect my Ipad mini to the 9930’s Mobile Hotspot, best advice patience and determination.
    08-27-13 01:51 PM