Upgraded from curve to 9930 today. Wow, what a device. Local verizon had NO RIM products on display. Had to pull a 9930 from the back. Tried to talk me into something else. Not interested. Already own two playbooks, not switching phones! On the plus side, he actually knew how to set it up. Not always the case. I commented that Verizon wasn't exactly promoting BB. His response, appropriately so, not really Verizon's lack of promotion. I'm trying to support RIM. Total of 4 Playbooks and two phones in this two person household. Hope RIM steps up and promotes that fantastic devices.
    blackguy07, Elbojemio and nuangel2 like this.
    01-25-12 09:46 PM
    I was lucky at my local Vz store. When I asked for one they sent over a young kid who had a 9930 in his pocket. He also wore a iphone on his hip. He admitted loving his Bold more but if he was going to sell them, he had to know how to use them both. I'm sure the Vz employee discount helps too! Anyway Josh treated me well. Besides I am pretty sure part of the prejudice has to do with the fact that even at my store, no one else even knew how to turn it on, let alone activate Bis. i-diots!
    01-25-12 10:58 PM
    Big red sucks at BlackBerry, when I got my 9850 they had to get it from the back, not on display, annoying. But they at least had the 9930 on display still
    01-26-12 12:15 AM
    i had a 9700 with att but switched to a 9930 with vz.when i went to verizon store i knew more about the phone then the store person and they had 1 on display .i liked it alot but it was cheaper at bestbuy.i went best buy the kid selling cellphone knew about all the phones including the 9930.did nnot try to talk me out of it but did say it was the 1st 9930 he sold.it was in sept.i got one made in canada he ported my number .i did the rest .love my 9930.
    01-26-12 01:04 AM
    I was lucky at my local Vz store. When I asked for one they sent over a young kid who had a 9930 in his pocket.
    Wait... What exactly did you ask for?
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-26-12 01:43 AM
    VZW by me had both 9850 and 9930 on display. I walked in wanting the 9930, but the lady showed me the 9850 and I said no. She then said yeah the keyboard is amazing on the 9930. One of the other sales reps that over heard our conversation said "wait... That's a touch screen too?". My jaw hit the floor.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 via Tapatalk
    01-26-12 01:49 AM
    I was impressed that the guy who helped me did know how to set it up. That hasn't always been my experience with BB at Vzw. He apparently had had a BB in the past. He was impressed that I actually knew my BB account information!
    01-26-12 05:31 AM
    Wait... What exactly did you ask for?
    Scionic, hahaha! If I say anything at this point it would be offensive so we'll leave it at that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 07:43 AM
    I was surprised, my VZW store actually had the 9930, 9850, AND a 9330 on display!

When I went in I wanted to play stupid, thinking I may be able to get a little money off the price of the phone. So I went and told the sales guy that I had a Tour, I liked my BB, and wanted to see what they had available. We went to the small display and looked at the 9930, which he said I could "browse the web, do e-mail and stuff," and then he promptly directed me to the Droid Bionic which could do EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN according to him. After looking at the Droid 3, and then the iPhone (all of which I'm quite familiar with) I told him I wanted to see about getting $50 off the price of the Bold, which they gave me, and I rolled out.

VZW is AWFUL when it comes to unbiased sales. They push Android and the iPhone, rather than actually looking into what may serve the customer the best... Whenever possible, I always refer people to go to a 3rd party retailer...
    01-26-12 08:58 AM
    My local vzw store in Los Angeles pretty much has all of their phones on display (meaning every phone they are currently selling that is of the newest generation). All the BBs were out and had usable models (Curve/Torch/Bold).

At the store near the university I'm going to in Baltimore is a smaller store, but they actually have all three current BB models out as well. They are usually dummy phones, but I think they had a working Curve at one point.
    01-26-12 01:22 PM
    I went into my local vzw corporate store to look for a new case for my 9930 yesterday and they said we don't cary any cases for a Tour. I said "yea, I don't have a tour". Lol. They had no bbs on the floor.
    01-26-12 03:43 PM
    I went into a VZW corporate store last week and they had the gall to tell me they dont see many BlackBerry's anymore...I quickly replied BlackBerry is far from being dead. I dont think Verizon is promoting BlackBerry at all!!!
    01-27-12 12:05 AM
    I walked by the VZW store in Sacramento today, non-corporate, and they had a separate display with the PlayBook, the Bold and the Torch!!
    01-27-12 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD