So here is the backstory - several weeks ago I took my beloved 9900 swimming in lake Ontario, and after a few days of drying behind my computer's fan it was back online. Well, mostly. Everything was working fine except for the scrolling of the touchpad (the clicks still worked), and the Wifi (it wouldn't turn on).

Then the other day, about 2-3 weeks after the incident, when randomly attempting to turn on the bluetooth (I basically never use it) the phone froze, except my music kept playing, and the shift and alt keys would respond (the little icons in the corner appeared and disappeared when I pressed any button as they should). After soft resetting it froze in the exact same way right after turning on. It took forever until I got it to not freeze (after many reboots and battery pulls) and so I installed the latest OS (I hadn't updated it in a while). It then randomly froze at the VERY end of the installing process when the apps restore all their settings. Afterwards, however, it kept working for the whole evening and next morning. A few hours later it froze again when I accidentally launched my bluetooth toggle shortcut and it froze again in the exact same way. Since then I was only able to get it to not freeze on start twice, but each it froze at a random point soon after.

Today I took it apart to see if any of the components were the culprit, and the answer was no. It froze like that even with just the screen connected to the motherboard (I held the battery in place).

Any ideas, suggestions, or opinions? At this point I'm not expecting any miracles.
    09-12-13 07:30 PM
    I'm not sure if you can prevent that from happening anymore. It's really difficult to bring a phone back after a swim. I think I would have put it in a bag of uncooked rice for several days instead of placing it in front of a fan.

Sorry about your phone.
    09-13-13 03:49 AM