Well, when I got my replacement 9930 since the first one was nuked, I used a Mac to do my restore (all of my data was backed up on my Mac), and I started using the phone (reinstalling all of my 3rd party stuff, buying and downloading new apps and the such), but I forgot to reinstall the Japanese language and uninstall some of the languages I don't use.

Last time I did that, I had to use my friends PC to do it, and then the phone also re-installed the whole OS so when I unplugged the device it was like a new device and I had to go through the whole BBID, email setup/BBM restore, and I had to re-download ALL of my third party apps and the such, which would be a pain now and wouldn't be worth it.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to go about getting a language input I want on the device without either re-installing the whole OS or using the DM/App Loader.

Thanks
    11-27-11 07:58 AM
    Yes there is, connect to DM and click on applications an you can add any language your OS originally came with and you can remove any you don't use to save some space.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 12:44 PM
    Right, but the last time I did that it reloaded the whole OS and I had to reinstall all my 3rd party apps and re-setup email and stuff.
    11-27-11 05:41 PM
    can anyone help me out here? Is there a way on the DM to just install the language and not have it install anything else, or re-install the OS??
    11-28-11 04:34 PM
    can anyone help me out here? Is there a way on the DM to just install the language and not have it install anything else, or re-install the OS??
    Yeah, just click the little plus sign next what you want to add, in the Application Summary it will show what you're adding and deleting. I just added one app and deleted 2 others app without reloading the entire OS.
    11-28-11 04:37 PM
    Yeah, just click the little plus sign next what you want to add, in the Application Summary it will show what you're adding and deleting. I just added one app and deleted 2 others app without reloading the entire OS.
    Yeah. I just did this with my 9930. I added a couple of languages just by clicking the plus sign in DM. It did not reinstall the entire OS.
    11-28-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD