Left the bb family for close to two year's and now just picked me up a new 9930. I left and went with a android device and had two and then last year got a 4s. If this device was available two years ago i would never have left. Glad i did as i am impressed with this piece. The os is nicely done too. I was wanting to wait to see this new bb10 and what it could be but last time i did that with a bb touch was the storm. From the looks its nice but i grew tired of all touch. The keyboard is sweet and much a relief to typing. Any suggestions on apps or what to have will help and be welcomed too.
    Thanks all
    Jason
    05-21-12 01:24 AM
    I'm back myself, been away for two years too and glad to be back.

Anyways, I had a questions that I can't figure out at this moment. So, I had my contacts plus contact pictures that I we're sync to my Android phone and I was wondering if it is possible I can get the contact pictures back or do I have to re-save them all with the Blackberry? Contacts sync find but no pictures and I want them back.

Help!
    05-21-12 02:07 AM
    Apps:

BlackBerry Protect (free cloud back up service from RIM)
    BlackBerry Traffic (free turn by turn directions from RIM with voice guidance)
    CrackBerry Forums app for reading and posting here.
    Poynt. Great app for looking up businesses nearby. Mapping routes to them.. Etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by southlander; 05-21-12 at 02:13 AM.
    05-21-12 02:10 AM
    Hey

I'm back too, stuck it a month on an iPhone and was only tempted to the dark side by the apps. However after a week the app craze passed me by and I was left missing all the important points of a BB that I was missing.

Can't understand all this hype of iPhones anymore. Yes there are loads of apps but as soon as you start using them it sucks the battery life completely out of the phone and before you know it you are left with no battery life and waiting on a 2.5 hour charge cycle. The iPod dock in my car doesn't even charge the iPhone!

Yes I will still use my iPod but its a 3 year old nano which works perfectly when I need it.

I stuck it out a month and glad to be back with my Playbook and 9900, I dare to be different and be Bold and that means going with BB even when my friends pull out their iPhones.
    05-21-12 03:44 AM
    Apps that I use that I personally think are useful are

Evernote: for taking notes

Lister: to-do list

Crackberry App: to post and read the forums while you're on the go

Scoremobile: if you're a sport fan, its a must download app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 04:06 AM
    One of my must haves is Xsms. It will open the texting window with one key. Set key preference in Options/Third Party Apps.

http://bota.bbercn.com/2011/02/xsms60/xsms.jad
    05-21-12 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD