I'm returning my Bold, getting a replacement. I've already used the "switch device" utility with Bb Desktop Mgr. Once, I get the new one, use DM to load the backup alx file, would all my configurations and apps show back on the new device? Or will I need to reconfigure certain settings?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 03:18 PM
    if you backed up your device, when you restore the new one, it will give you all the same settings. as for apps, i know in appworld as long as you sign in with the same BBID you will still keep your apps
    05-07-12 03:39 PM
    your paid apps follows your BBID, not the BB pin. So no worries. Once you log in with your new Bold, it should prompt you to associate your new pin with your BBID. I switched from a Bold to a Curve recently, all my paid apps were transferred to be associated with my new pin. no worries.
    05-07-12 04:05 PM
    Yep everything you bought using your BBID should be alright and you can switch without any issue's.
    If you bought it for example from mobihand you would need to switch the pin to transfer the apps over to your new bold to let it work.
    Bold to curve could be different because not applications may be are supported, but bold to bold it should be fine though.
    05-07-12 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD