My bold 9930 gives me the message "please create an ICE contact" every time I hang up my phone. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 07:20 AM
    not heard of a phone prompting you to do it (and mine wouldn't if it could as i already have two) but its a really useful thing to do as in the worst case scenario many health care professionals now look for a contact that either has ICE in the name or is called ICE (In Case of Emergency) if you can't talk (think next of kin) one way for you to stop it is to edit the contact details of your next of kin/the person you would want to be called if you end up in hospital and put ICE in there name (e.g. Mum ICE or Dad ICE) and if you have more than one person you want called put a number after ICE in the order you want them range (e.g. MUM ICE 1 , Dad ICE 2 etc etc)
    Mallet21 and prettyorchid like this.
    10-14-11 07:44 AM
    @Jonnycraig
    Super nice share! Will definitely add my ICE right away...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 08:14 AM
    Very useful share. Will do it immediately!! Thanks.
    10-14-11 08:36 AM
    ive tried that and created 2 people with ICE contacts but it still does it. my bb is insane :/
    11-03-11 10:52 PM
    How come I don't see this feature on my OS on Bold 9900? Is it only for USA consumers?
    11-03-11 11:28 PM
    ive tried to do all of the above, i even set up a couple ICE contacts and it still does it, its only when i huang up that it prompts me to create one, i dont understand.
    11-19-11 10:12 AM
    One important note in all this is that if you have your device password-locked, ICE is useless, since someone wouldn't be able to unlock your phone if you were unconscious.
    11-19-11 10:22 AM
    To the OP, have have you installed any apps that might be prompting this such as that awful JaredCo ICE app?
    11-19-11 10:27 AM
    nope, and my device is password locked so i really think it might be something they need to work on, im now locked out of my bbm as well... really getting tired of dealing with all this bull****. i decide to ditch the droid for the 9930 and it nuked on me once, have had to upgrade the software and now i cant even use bbm on my phone. reallyyyyy ughhhhhhhhh
    11-19-11 10:36 AM
    In 15 years, I nor anyone else has ever opened up someone's cell phone and looked for an emergency contact. We have more important things to do... like patient care and transport.

I'll go you one better.

Use KISS, KISS means forget the cell phone idea altogether and encourage people to keep in case of emergency numbers on a card in their wallet. Far simpler; far better than the latest trendy "ICE" scheme. (Granted, they have the right idea, but they're overthinking the solution and relying too much on exotic technology for a problem that can far more easily be solved without it.)

But that's just my opinion.
    11-19-11 08:20 PM
    In 15 years, I nor anyone else has ever opened up someone's cell phone and looked for an emergency contact. We have more important things to do... like patient care and transport.

I'll go you one better.

Use KISS, KISS means forget the cell phone idea altogether and encourage people to keep in case of emergency numbers on a card in their wallet. Far simpler; far better than the latest trendy "ICE" scheme. (Granted, they have the right idea, but they're overthinking the solution and relying too much on exotic technology for a problem that can far more easily be solved without it.)

But that's just my opinion.
    i totally agree with you, plus as has been pointed out, having the mind to set a password means youve made having an ICE number on your phone useless.

iv also seen people with dog tag style necklaces with numbers on them, but i think the wallet idea is best, pretty much everyone has them, and it still opens no matter how incapacitated you yourself may be.
    11-19-11 08:31 PM
    Example from personal experience ....

My father has Myestima gravis. He has had it for about 4-5 years so far. Lot's of Med's and info people need to know.

He wears a necklace with medical info, and also has a bracelet with same info if he chooses to wear that.

The most common place for medical info, is on the refrigerator. Quick access and no need for searching.

He has this info properly placed.

Now he does have a few extra places for info. Wallet card, info on his phone, card with info in visor of car.

But people can choose to use it. Just we will more likely look for numbers if the phone is unlocked for Home, MOM, DAD, WIFE, etc.

But as I stated above I have never had to rely on a phone for info.

Basics always work. But if for personal reasons you feel better on having the info entered by all means.
    11-19-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD