I recently had to trade my Blackberry Bold after having it about 10 months for a new 9930 because after it died all it did was blink the red light of death. Anyhow, I liked the texting theme that was on the phone when I got it. I dont like the stupid buuble theme (i know you can change it to stripes but that wasnt it). After I hit restore on Blackberry Desktop to get my numbers, it changed the texting blocks to the old ones. Is there any way to get the new style for the 9930 back?
    10-03-12 01:15 PM
    Show us what it looks like now and if you had a screenshot from before, show us that too.
    10-03-12 01:26 PM
    Are you talking about text blocks like this:

Last edited by GiovanniArmani.GA; 10-04-12 at 02:38 AM.
    10-04-12 02:26 AM
    Seeing this makes me miss my old Bold. But I wouldn't trade my Bold 9900 for it.
    10-04-12 12:17 PM
    Really easy to do, if you want to know how, just ask me. You can even do it on OS7.
    10-20-12 04:35 PM
    I'm curious to see what texting block he's talking about.
    10-20-12 05:33 PM
    Really easy to do, if you want to know how, just ask me. You can even do it on OS7.
    The op was actually asking how to do this. Why not just tell them instead of this?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-20-12 06:55 PM
    So, does anyone how to do this???
    10-21-12 04:03 PM
    Looool, stress topic. The owner just disapear
    10-21-12 06:29 PM
    Well we still arent clear on what you are talking about. To change how texts look:

1. In messages press the blackberry key then scroll to options

2. In options go to the bottom and select text messaging

3. The next screen will allow you to change "conversation style"

Choose bubbles or striples. Those are all that is available if you want something else you won't find it here.
    10-22-12 12:42 AM
    Show us what it looks like now and if you had a screenshot from before, show us that too.
    I don't have a clue what the OP is talking about
    10-22-12 05:30 AM
    I believe they're referring to the blocks in the pics Giovanni posted. I, too, like those as an option. Too bad they're gone.
    10-22-12 03:17 PM
    Thank you for this post. I am beyond irritated how blackberry keeps taking away options from its users. It should be adding them.
    I want the simple one line block look on my sms and email folders instead of having a huge piece of screen used for each message.
    see pics below.

I recently had to trade my Blackberry Bold after having it about 10 months for a new 9930 because after it died all it did was blink the red light of death. Anyhow, I liked the texting theme that was on the phone when I got it. I dont like the stupid buuble theme (i know you can change it to stripes but that wasnt it). After I hit restore on Blackberry Desktop to get my numbers, it changed the texting blocks to the old ones. Is there any way to get the new style for the 9930 back?
    Attached Thumbnails I want the old texting blocks back!!-old-inbox-lots-lines-.jpg   I want the old texting blocks back!!-newer-too-big-.jpg  
    10-22-12 05:19 PM
    You can make your email folders look like that first pic. Just change the display settings in the options screen.
    10-23-12 10:09 AM
    You can make your email folders look like that first pic. Just change the display settings in the options screen.
    Shifty, what OS are you on. I dont see the option to make in one line on my 9900.?
    10-23-12 04:26 PM
    The op was actually asking how to do this. Why not just tell them instead of this?
    Because OP hasn't answered and I didn't know if OP would look in this thread again.

But anyways, I think somebody else asked that question, so the answer is to change it to stripes and uncheck "show names". As simple as that.

Edit: Spaced out my text for better readability and added screenshot.
    Last edited by Theme; 10-23-12 at 11:01 PM.
    Formeriphoneuser likes this.
    10-23-12 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD