When I click the HOW TO link at the top of the CB page, I get BB10 stuff. I don't want that. How about either separating HOW TO into 2 links, one for pre 10 and one for 10, or just putting an index of OS in one HOW TO link.

Anywho, here's my question. I have 2 BB phones, 9320 + 9900. I want to be able to use both. I want to copy the phone contacts list from one to the other phone. NOT transfer the list, COPY the list. Maybe transferring the list leaves the original on the old phone, maybe not, can't find answer for that either. And using BB desktop software which I have installed and updated. Not by wifi.

There's probably some one who will say I'm stupid because I can't find the answer using search. Did that, no answer.
    Thanks for understanding and hopefully pointing me to the answer.
    08-15-14 12:12 AM
    You can do that by restoring the contacts from BlackBerry Protect, once you sign in with the second device, or by doing a Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager. It doesn't wipe the other phone, and you'll have the contact lists on both.
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    08-15-14 12:27 AM
    One option is to maintain your contacts in an email account and sync them from the email account. I keep my contacts list on my Outlook.com account and it's easy to sync across multiple devices.

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    08-15-14 08:18 AM
    Get an older Desktop manager (5.x). Attach your bb99xx, go to "Backup and Restore/advance" and it will show 2 screens. Now choose from the right side anything including contacts etc that you want to backup then hit the left arrow screen in center of screen. Now those items you want will appear in left screen. Pull out your BB99xx and plug in your other 99xx. Now tap on the item in the left screen, then the right arrow in center of screen and those items now will be written to your bb99xx. I do this all the time and that is why I keep an older Desktop manager (5.x) around. It only works with legacy Blackberries though.
    08-16-14 04:34 AM
    Just import your contacts to vcf format

Posted via CB10
    I tried to reply with a link to the Wikipedia article on VCF format but for the stupid reason that I need 10 posts to post a link I cannot post the link to this article.
    Crackberry Forums Message
    An error has occurred hiker11! You must have 10 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 8.
    What a stupid reason.
    08-17-14 12:40 AM
    Hey I'll make another post for no other reason but to get 10 posts! Yea beat the system.

Now lets see if I can post the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variant_Call_Format

Why? Because I do not understand vcf format and the Wiki article shows no relevance to anything to do with phone contacts.
    08-17-14 12:41 AM
    Hey I'll make another post for no other reason but to get 10 posts! Yea beat the system.
    That-a-boy! Now if you really want to run that post count up...head over rehab

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-17-14 12:43 AM
    I have two BB9900 synchronised with Outlook on my PC using the current Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes are all synchronised.
    08-17-14 03:47 PM
    That-a-boy! Now if you really want to run that post count up...head over rehab
    It's the moron who thought up the rule about no links until you have 10 posts who needs rehab.
    08-20-14 01:54 AM