Okay, it was looking grim... (if you want to skip my story and attempts at humour, just skip to the second last line below)

My 9900 was being sluggish, and AppWorld didn't seem to want to refresh, so I figured it was time for a battery pull [I do this every week or two].

Took out the battery...dropped it 2 ft onto the floor [oops...]. Popped it back in. the reboot started, but the indicator line stopped about 60% of the way across the screen. Crap!

Took out the battery again, put it back in....reboot stopped about 60% again. double crap!

Maybe I didn't take the battery out long enough...took it out for a full minute, put it back in....nothing.

NOTHING!?!? Yup...no reaction from further battery pulls, charging cable or computer cable. [grooaaaan...] I played with the thing all day...nothing.

So, suspecting my 9900 is kaput, I come home and start experimenting with my wife's old Pearl flip phone. It still charges, so I take out my 9900 SIM card and put it in the Pearl. Strange things happen [apparently...I have no clear idea what _should_ happen] but I don't seem to be able to connect to my Rogers account. Crap.

For some reason, I had replaced the battery in my 9900, and when I happened to pick it up, the LED flashed red....HUH!?!? Then it rebooted! All the way!

I replaced the SIM card in the 9900....and it works again [happyhappyjoyjoy!]

So kids...THE MORAL OF THE STORY -- if you phone appears to be bricked or generally FUBAR...reseating the SIM card might be worth a try.

You're welcome.
    01-25-13 09:24 PM
    I used to tell people to remove the SIM and any add-on memory cards and they all told me. I was crazy. You can lead a horse to water,,...
    01-26-13 06:47 AM
    I used to tell people to remove the SIM and any add-on memory cards and they all told me. I was crazy. You can lead a horse to water,,...
    Yeah well...sometimes the crazy works. And if your phone appears to be dead, what's the harm? I never thought of removing the SD card though....I'll keep it in mind if the problem recurs. I find myself wondering if perhaps my SIM card is going south...happened to me with a previous phone.
    01-28-13 10:44 PM