when i got my bold last week tuesday...i loaded my sim card and couldnt get past the blackberry id screen it kept saying it was wrong...so i wipe the bold and tried again and it work but my compass in the applications folder is not there how do i get it back...i tried on the desktop software but no luck.. any ideas would be helpfull thanks...im locked to rogers by the way....
    08-15-11 08:50 PM
    Try restoring your device, that should reload it on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 09:05 PM
    don't u need to back it up first before you restore....cause when i tried to restore it prompts me to load my last back up
    08-15-11 09:15 PM
    when i got my bold last week tuesday...i loaded my sim card and couldnt get past the blackberry id screen it kept saying it was wrong...so i wipe the bold and tried again and it work but my compass in the applications folder is not there how do i get it back...i tried on the desktop software but no luck.. any ideas would be helpfull thanks...im locked to rogers by the way....
    Go to blackberry.com and download the device software for your carrier. Install it on your computer and reload your OS using desktop manager. That worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rukdngme likes this.
    08-16-11 01:13 PM
    thanks i will try it tonight...
    08-16-11 02:39 PM
    Given the title of you thread i was going to suggest a compass hunt.
    08-16-11 02:43 PM
    Have you accidentally hidden it.

You do know that the search function is VERY powerful!
    08-16-11 02:45 PM
    silly me thats the first thing i did.....i search but noting on where to find the compass..only on how to calibrate it...that will be my next post
    08-16-11 07:18 PM
    No joke its not on my 9930 either from Verizon. I don't think I deleted it, I haven't hidden anything or moved anything yet. I will just likely do a full update with the new leak and see if its in there.
    08-24-11 09:19 PM
    hi, My compass is missing too after a security wipe to fix a group contact bug (after creating a group i was unable to edit it) by performng the security wipe i have now lost the compass.
    10-27-11 07:11 PM
    posted a query using twitter to RIM, the answer is to reinstall the apps using the desktop software, compass has now returned woo hooo.
    10-28-11 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD