I never knew AUTO-FOCUS did so much. I miss it!

The photos on the BB BOld 9900 are beyond horrid. Theres no way to take a picture of your friends and have it come out clear.
    09-09-11 03:31 PM
    Flash....Hold er steady bud, but yes, I do hear you....I like so many more things on it though, I'm not complaining yet.
    09-09-11 03:37 PM
    I can see this will be another thread like this one...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...camera-647142/
    09-09-11 03:40 PM
    Yes the auto focus is really good. My Torch 9800 took much better pics.
    But even the 9900 takes good pics and it is very quick. Point and shoot. The problem is macros. The 9800 autofocus was great.
    09-09-11 03:40 PM
    I am also seeing issues like this. You have to check your photo too make sure the shot is good. But anymore I think I will keep a small digital camera with me so no matter what picture I take it will be better than any camera on a phone. And sometimes you only get one shot!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 04:24 PM
    Try the HD vid!...Much better and it has image stabilization!
    09-09-11 04:29 PM
    I have been using mine at work to snap serial numbers and such. I have to admit it is not nearly as clear as my Tour was at close ups. I have tried various things. Ending up with useable results. Good enough. But you can certainly tell.

On the good side -- camera's a lot faster, takes super great video, and good point and shoot shots in general.
    09-09-11 04:40 PM
    For all those saying that the 9900 camera is faster - you do realise that you could have turned off autofocus on your old bb and have taken such quick shots too right? Doesn't matter but just as an fyi in case you didn't realise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 05:01 PM
    Do you do macro photography of your friends and take pictures 6" away from their face?You shouldn't have any problems taking pictures of your friends unless you're that close.

The limitations of the edof camera have been well documented. I agree that for a flagship phone, the 9900 should have an af camera, but at this point, the horse has been beaten beyond dead.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 05:08 PM
    Hold your hand solid as a rock. It's really all you can do.
    09-09-11 05:09 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball with this camera decision.

Other manufacturers advance their cameras with each device... BlackBerry actually took a step back with their flagship device. Puzzling!

EDIT: the camera is not horrific. It's good. But, just a dumb decision by someone.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    09-09-11 06:31 PM
    here's a funny thought.the rim engineer in charge of this phone took a break for a few minutes and had himself a 6 pack.when he was done getting drunk,he returned back to his lab and mistakenly slipped in the evof camera instead of the autofocus into the phone.what could rim do about the terrible situation the engineer caused?they couldn't throw away the barrel of new phones and start over.so rim thought the customers will let it slide because of all of the other goodies in the phone.and people have digital cameras anyways rim thought.so they shipped out the new devices anyhow.but for rim,it still turned out to be their doom.a camera on a phone is no longer a luxury but it has become a necessity for folks in the workplace.so this blunder hurts rim and the design engineer each and everyday.a flagship device with a crappy camera just doesn't cut it for many in 2011.rim got lucky because they launched multiple new devices.if it was just one device launch, then rim's stocks would be down in the drain.the drunk engineer got paid for his work anyway.this story goes to show you that management changes need to be made.just like steve jobs stepped down as ceo of apple, so do higher executives at rim need to do the same.younger more fresher executives would take the company in the right direction.
    09-09-11 09:40 PM
    here's a funny thought.the rim engineer in charge of this phone took a break for a few minutes and had himself a 6 pack.when he was done getting drunk,he returned back to his lab and mistakenly slipped in the evof camera instead of the autofocus into the phone.what could rim do about the terrible situation the engineer caused?they couldn't throw away the barrel of new phones and start over.so rim thought the customers will let it slide because of all of the other goodies in the phone.and people have digital cameras anyways rim thought.so they shipped out the new devices anyhow.but for rim,it still turned out to be their doom.a camera on a phone is no longer a luxury but it has become a necessity for folks in the workplace.so this blunder hurts rim and the design engineer each and everyday.a flagship device with a crappy camera just doesn't cut it for many in 2011.rim got lucky because they launched multiple new devices.if it was just one device launch, then rim's stocks would be down in the drain.the drunk engineer got paid for his work anyway.this story goes to show you that management changes need to be made.just like steve jobs stepped down as ceo of apple, so do higher executives at rim need to do the same.younger more fresher executives would take the company in the right direction.
    With how long it takes them to get new products to market, he may have been laid off and re-hired in time to help produce this overrated phone.

Oh and this phone didn't help the stock at all, the only thing keeping Rimm out of the toilet is takeover speculation, which would most likely be squashed by the govt so they can cash in themselves.
    The execs at RIMM suck, look at how bad their ceo is and how they want him to step down. Why would he step down and lose his golden paycheck? Jobs actually helped turn apple into what it is today, not the same or even close with Rimm's ceo.
    09-09-11 10:02 PM
    With how long it takes them to get new products to market, he may have been laid off and re-hired in time to help produce this overrated phone.

Oh and this phone didn't help the stock at all, the only thing keeping Rimm out of the toilet is takeover speculation, which would most likely be squashed by the govt so they can cash in themselves.
    The execs at RIMM suck, look at how bad their ceo is and how they want him to step down. Why would he step down and lose his golden paycheck? Jobs actually helped turn apple into what it is today, not the same or even close with Rimm's ceo.
    You do realize that Lazardis was directly responsible for RIMs explosion of success right....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD