I don't get why people are complaining about this device. There is a market for it and it will sell. I know a large number of users where I work who are looking forward to getting the new Bold. If you aren't enamored with the specs, then go buy something that meets your criteria.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Some (okay, one) might say 4 years too late, but this is a very busy forum for a device that's not released yet. It seems like everyone wants this phone, and will be able to get it. Only a carrier that really hates its customers would pass up this device. We will see some returning from other platforms as well. I think this will be the most successful device launch for RIM in a long time, and this forum will be packed.
    05-06-11 01:50 AM
    soooooo what was this 4yrs behind stuff?
    It's called revisionist history...
    05-06-11 02:08 AM
    iPhone (original) released June 29, 2007, that is now 4 years.
    Blackberry 8830 released May, 2007, that is now 4 years.

iPhone came with "liquid" graphics
    - touch screen
    - etc

I am just ranting, I have been frustrated with RIM hardware/software since the release of the iPhone.
    Wait.
    What?
    05-06-11 06:02 AM
    My brother just got an iPhone4 and I hate typing stuff on a glass. But I have to agree that iPhone has so many USEFUL apps compared to limited useless apps in RIM's App World.

If I phone came up with a physical slide out keyboard, I will switch to iPhone in a heartbeat.

Having said that, I have no option, but to stick with low-end Bold 9900/9930 because I need a keyboard to type fast.

All of my friends with iPhone have government apps such as transit apps, tax file update apps, road construction (direct from the city government) etc, etc, and my STUPID low end Blackberry 9700 have NOTHING on my phone that come close it!

iPhone is the Ferrari and Blackberry is Ford in general!!!
    What about something like the HTC EVO Shift or Epic 4G or Atrix?
    iphone and Android are extremely similar relative to other devices.
    05-06-11 06:08 AM
    From bold9000 to i4, think my desired bold design came. Sure go for it

05-06-11 07:39 AM
    OK, this device will be somewhat behind the biggest, most badass phone out there.
    This doesn't bother me not even one little bit. Here is the thing - I have the most badass Android device that AT&T has....and it's in my kitchen drawer at home. Because it won't last over 13 hours. And it's increasingly laggy. And I can't tell, by looking at it from across the room, who is calling me. So...I'm keeping it because the multimedia experience kills the current BB. But I'm now carrying my Torch and my work 9650. They're all I want.

Is the Bold Touch behind? Yes. By four years? That's ridiculous. Will it do more for me than my big badass Atrix? I think it will. So....I look forward to the Bold Touch and I look forward to the Torch 2.

Sometimes you don't fall in love with the most gorgeous girl or guy in the room. You fall in love with the one that makes you tick.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-06-11 at 12:35 PM.
    05-06-11 12:31 PM
    So is the OP saying the Motorola Droid Pro replaced the BB Bold Touch 9900? I agree RIMM is a little late in the game and the fact they only announced one device this week was a let down as well.

I hope RIMM can bring it back. I just dont understand why they keep holding back? Everyday that goes by is only giving Android and iOS new chances to get new customers.
    05-06-11 12:44 PM
    So is the OP saying the Motorola Droid Pro replaced the BB Bold Touch 9900? I agree RIMM is a little late in the game and the fact they only announced one device this week was a let down as well.

I hope RIMM can bring it back. I just dont understand why they keep holding back? Everyday that goes by is only giving Android and iOS new chances to get new customers.
    Why can't people get that Rim, android, iphone they're all getting more customers, some more then others but they're all growing, nobody's loosing, everybody's winning. Every year there's a fresh generation ready to buy a smartphone and they're buying them.

05-06-11 01:10 PM
    The funny thing is that while Android has a lot of app support, I don't actually use that many (other than games... Games are kinda different because they are time wasters and you get over them kinda quickly, so you have to keep getting more). Most of the apps I have are replacements for something similar that I would do on BB or plugging holes that are missing from the native OS (memo pad, downloading all file types, app categorization, etc).
    This was my experience with Android as well. And hence the reason I came back to BB within a couple of months.
    05-06-11 01:50 PM
    Why can't people get that Rim, android, iphone they're all getting more customers, some more then others but they're all growing, nobody's loosing, everybody's winning. Every year there's a fresh generation ready to buy a smartphone and they're buying them.

Because that would require reading and learning which is a difficult task for some. People think it's some kind of race, like the Kentucky derby. It's about growth and knowing your market. Sure, that market may change some, but you don't make crazy over-dramatic changes that will damage the place in the market that you have spent years to build because someone says you are 4 years behind.
    05-06-11 05:10 PM
    You do realize that in T-Mobile and AT&T's case that 4G is just a marketing term and Verizon's true 4G network has limited scope right now right?
    first of all, verizon's lte network is not true 4g. you are falling for verizon's marketing hype too.

secondly, to the op, w/e. you guys are just the eric cartmans of the world. love to sht on everyone who doesnt have and ipad or icrap. this look familiar?

to the op, reasoning with you is pointless. no matter how we try to reason with you, point out specs, or w/e, at the end of the day you are an uncaring insensitive selfish a$$hole with a god complex when holding your apple product, ie eric cartman. screw you guys, im a going home.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 05-06-11 at 05:32 PM.
    05-06-11 05:24 PM
    I wouldn't say they're 4 years late, but IMO it is behind the times. This is the type of phone that probably could have been a hit 2 years ago, and I mean a hit with everybody, not BB fanboys...

It's a good phone, but it isn't special.
    The 9100 would've been a hit in 2000. that also means nothing.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-06-11 at 05:29 PM.
    05-06-11 05:27 PM
    Funny how some people get so defensive about RIM. If you are a Blackberry fan, you should be concerned that RIM is losing market share in a big way to Apple and Android phones. Blindly defending the company as if it does no wrong isn't going to help.
    At first
    I agreed with you then I looked up RIM's performance - in particular, their Net Revenues (Profit). They are doing really well going along their current trend. Sure they are losing total market share but you have to remember that the overall smartphone market is growing. So total Blackberry users may be increasing but just not as fas as iOS or Android. But the magic is that RIM makes a lot of money outside the handheld game too. The Blackberry Device is the public face but there is much more to the puzzle.
    As long as RIM keeps its core they will be fine. And there will always be folks who want a Blackberry because it is unadulterated communication bliss. Sure touchy and swipy and flicky are the big things out there. That's fine. Those folks who want that can have it. RIM will still make money on its present course.

For Reference go to WolframAplha and search for "RIM Net Revenues from 2007 to 2010"
    05-07-11 08:52 AM
    Funny how some people get so defensive about RIM. If you are a Blackberry fan, you should be concerned that RIM is losing market share in a big way to Apple and Android phones. Blindly defending the company as if it does no wrong isn't going to help.

Some of the current blackberry commercials and ads seem so misguided. Like the commercials showing the DJ/music producer guy and all of these ultra creative people using a Torch. Yeah, maybe, but that's not your core market. Good luck selling to DJs.

The core market for blackberrys is business people, and a larger group of people who want their phones to have swap-able batteries and a real keyboard.
    if rim doesnt do well and doesnt produce phones that i want, ill leave and buy something else. if i want an android, ill buy an android. if i want an iphone, ill buy an iphone. but, i want a blackberry. more specifically, the 9900.

i love rim too, but after this whole debacle with taking forever releasing a touch screen blackberry on tmo, i have zero brand loyalty with any company. lesson learned. if they dont produce the products i want, ill just buy something else. lil off topic, but ive learned something. (south park moment over here) i love my m3. this current batch are the last m3s that have a naturally aspriated high revving "low" displacement m3. but, m is moving to turbos. i dont like the direction that bmw is going. so, ill just buy a porsche. they still stick to na engines.

im not anchored to rim or any other brand. but i love the rich communication experience. sad that people dont understand that
    05-07-11 11:22 AM
    All I ever wanted was a 9000 with a decent amount of app memory. That and a screen/button lock function that is slightly less evocative of inbreeding and nepotism on a massive scale at RIM. The touch screen, coming off my torch, will be welcome too. I don't ask much more than communication and access to my customer data. Too bad there are no decent database utilities for BB. I get by with HanDbase though. "get by" being PC for "sucks but what else is there?"
    05-07-11 12:22 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD