Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

All your designs sucked.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trem44 View Post
    All your designs sucked.
    So did yours!
    :P
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PIN
    A small, skinny, needle-like object.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #53  

All your designs sucked.
    Cool cool cool
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

All your designs sucked.
    Quite constructive!

Nice work on the designs. Nice to see peoples alternatives. I'd personally like to see changes that could bring bigger screens to all their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Nice mockups from all parts, however I don't think they would work. It's good to see creativity from people here every once in a while. Just think, with all these considered, RIM would get a feel for what people want and then could implement it as best they can. I dunno why, but I'm thinking get a Bold next, and then when I upgrade that move on to the next Torch. It feels weird standing next all these iPhone users (around 60% of a society I'm in have iPhones, I'm the only BlackBerry user in the society. A Torch mixed in around those iPhones, is weird.
    CrackBerry Visitor
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    It's available now, it is called the droid pro and it is a fairly horrible and uncomfortable phone.
    No it's not. It's a great phone. The keyboard of course is not a BB keyboard, which is to say it's not as good, but now that I've had six months on the Droid Pro, I can type just as fast as I did on any of my 7 previous BB's. Not as comfortable or as smooth, but it's pretty decent.
    CrackBerry Master

Even though my mind would pick the 2nd one because of the button's practicality, but really, I would love to go with the first one. Nothing beats a bigger screen. And I am always surprised as to why they're leaving space on top and the bottom that is not being utilized.
    8800 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9780 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 (FINALLY!!!)

Pin Sharing? www.PinSharing.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think I'd keep the button. Though yes, moving everything down would be ideal.

The buttons is all about getting "feedback" of what you pushed. I love knowing what I pushed without even looking at it, due to feedback
    Dropped my playbook on the street, then got it back! I'm one lucky person!
    Cropping your PlayBook Wallpaper for both Landscape and Portrait Guide (with PSD)
    Or, you can PM me with your email and the picture and I'll crop and email em back to your PlayBook.
    Phone - Z10 Q10 Z30. I like Q10 > Z30 > Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    937 Global Posts
    PIN

My 1st reaction when i seen the Bold 9930 was also what many have said..."lower the keyboard and you'd have a little more screen space". But i'm sure RIM had thier reasons for designing the Bold 9900/9930 the way it is. Pretty sure because it is the thinnest BlackBerry device, they had to use every space available for the hardware inside...it is a little annoying to have a smaller screen, but I'm sure after getting use to it, and having such a great full qwerty keyboard on it, and of course the luxury of having a touchscreen to at least pinch and zoom will offset any critisisims of the Bold 9930 overall.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by leftypepper716 View Post
    My 1st reaction when i seen the Bold 9930 was also what many have said..."lower the keyboard and you'd have a little more screen space". But i'm sure RIM had thier reasons for designing the Bold 9900/9930 the way it is. Pretty sure because it is the thinnest BlackBerry device, they had to use every space available for the hardware inside...it is a little annoying to have a smaller screen, but I'm sure after getting use to it, and having such a great full qwerty keyboard on it, and of course the luxury of having a touchscreen to at least pinch and zoom will offset any critisisims of the Bold 9930 overall.
    Can everyone suggesting the lowering the keyboard thing please go and try a droid pro in a shop, there is a reason why this bold is designed the way it is and when you see how unbalanced the motorola is you will understand why.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cheech4 View Post
    i agree with your statement 100% but why couldn't they use a touch screen on the current bold line? compared to the 9000 the 9700 is much smaller with the same size screen. i would rather see the 9700 bold size in a touch screen. IMO the bold touch for me is just to big of a phone, grant it when it comes out i will play with it and maybe even buy it. But i seen and touched and played with the 9000 and i think the current bold are so much nicer.
    I actually much prefer the 9000 form factor compared to 9700...the bigger size makes for a much better typing experience.

Bigger screen would be better if it was possible but as someone mentioned if u got a bb phone plus playbook then ur set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

The one on the left, to me, is overkill. Without the trackpad and the two surrounding buttons, you might as well remove the keyboard altogether. The middle one would be ideal, but the question is, would all of the necessary hardware fit into the remaining space? Also, would it be balanced in your hand, or will it become a lifetime of awkward moments?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    PIN
    We hardly know each other!

Overall, either the default or the lowered keypad look pretty cool, but my personal issue is visibility. I am 54; had LASIK a few years back, so I don't need to have glasses when I drive - but my close-up vision isn't the best without reading glasses. Adding some distinctive colors would be welcome.

How about Green for the SEND button, Red for the END button, (NOTE: I mean, color the whole BUTTON, not just the ICON.) Maybe Navy Blue Letters, Red Numerals and Green Punctuation Marks.

Even coloring just SEND and END would be a step forward.

And, as I've said before, Mil Spec Construction would be a HUGE step forward.
    Last edited by O_C_Michael; 05-23-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    O_C_Michael
    Publishing Support Assistant II

AT&T Advertising Solutions

“Reputation is what other people know about you.

Honor is what you know about yourself.”

Lois Mc Master Bujold,

A Civil Campaign
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

I like the original version... I mean the one that RIM about to put in to the market. WHAT happened to the Crackberry Forums? I just noticed that now the replies are threaded and it only can be read if you click on them??????
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    PIN
    K

THe bold 9700 and 9780 are soo small and its like feminized. i mean its nice but not really bold like. The wodd bold simply says that the phones big not like smaller then my hand. I Really do like the 9900 because it brings back the old bold and brings some new technology to it!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    286B3111

The second photo is EXACTLY how it should be. the wasted space at the bottom is unnecessary. MAKE THE SCREEN BIGGER!!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PIN
    A small, skinny, needle-like object.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread, but I guess I called it a year ago, seems RIM listened to me

Merry Christmas!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default I love the new bold touch, but this is how I would have liked it to be. [Redesign]

I think the middle one is the best,because a Blackberry without a trackpad just feels wrong.
    BOOM BOOM POW!

Smartphones I have owned: Blackberry 8830,Blackberry 8520,Blackberry 9530,HTC Desire,Google Nexus One,
    Current Smartphones: Nexus 4 (Primary),Blackberry 9320 (Secondary)

MAKE PEACE,NOT WAR.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,645 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Would it kill RIM to put the "Blackberry" left of the ear speaker grill thingie at minimal size?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default I love the new bold touch, but this is how I would have liked it to be. [Redesign]

Word is that the latest Qwerty leak is an old design and the launch device will be quite different than what we recently seen.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry User

Looks good !!
    I do like the track pad, and use it some. More out of habit.
    I might give it up for a bigger screen !
    Either way I think you make good points .
  22. BGK
    CrackBerry Genius

I like your new versions with and without the trackpad - it would be fun to give them a tryout.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123