I recently moved from a 9780 on T-Mobile to a 9930 on Verizon. Just need to say that the 9930 is a great phone - really enjoying it. Handles everything I need very easily. E-mails, BBM, texts, calendar sync, etc all work flawlessly. MicroSD is nice for syncing all my music and playing in my car. All of my friends run around with these giant phablets that can't even fit in their pockets. This thing is thin, light, and does everything I need it to do (communicate and save me time).

My company is dropping support of BB in a year and I don't have a clue what I'm going to switch to. Why the hell isn't this phone more popular? Did it not sell well at all?
    08-13-13 10:56 AM
    I loved my 9930!! And you should try and keep it for yourself if you can. Your company will follow the isheeple no doubt. Have fun with that. Im sure those phones do all you need as well. It's just a matter of preference I guess. I used my 9930 for two years and loved it!! Great size and touch with a keyboard...a winning combination.

Im sure there are lots of them out there right now. Not every one was able to switch up to a Z or Q
    08-13-13 11:00 AM
    Glad to hear you are liking your new BB!

As for why it isn't more popular.. that's a discussion on BB as a whole, especially in the US... but within the BB line up, It did sell well.. very well.. only problem is that was almost 3 years ago..
    08-13-13 11:01 AM
    I had the 9900 for at&t and I couldn't agree more. Not only was the device reliable but it was stunning. The design of the device was so good. It looked and felt like a premium device. And the was keyboard outstanding. I had to ditch it when I switched to Sprint and have missed it ever since. Now I'm waiting for the Q10 to be released here at Sprint
    08-13-13 11:03 AM
    Bold 9930 that I have been rocking for almost 2 years and love it. Had a few issues and had to replace the phone 2 times but Sprint came through and got a new one then a referb and they have treated me real good.

It does every thing that is was made to do!
    08-13-13 11:49 AM
    Guys i've got a Q10, i'm gna have to give it up for personal reasons so now I wna either get the 9900 or the newly announced bold 9720, which one would u recommend? And how well does the 9900 perform in 2013? Isit worth it to spend abit extra to get the 9900? as the 9720 will be cheaper, and can someone honestly tell me how long the batt on the 9900 will last me, I dnt use fb or twitter aswell as no other social networks, recieve a coupla emails a day, not nothing substantial, will use whatsapp and bbm moderately throughout the day. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:09 PM
    I also love the 9930. It is a classic. The versatility provided by having a keyboard with short cuts, touch screen and track pad for precision cannot be beat. Paired with a playbook makes for an awesome combination. If browsing the internet, games, photos and tons of apps or not that important to you this may be the phone for you. I had the opportunity to purchase a BB10 device but the functionality just could not compare to the 9930.
    FF22 and xanadome like this.
    08-13-13 03:28 PM